News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liddokun

My first swirl, it'll be housing a modded BYOC large beaver circuit (tone bypassed).

I did a bad job with the clearcoat, and the "zle" at the end of shizzle ended up running.  Had to do a "repair" job. 

To those about to rock, we salute you.

Zedmin_fx

honestly it doesnt look bad, I really like it
Quote from: liddokun on October 10, 2008, 05:03:46 PM

My first swirl, it'll be housing a modded BYOC large beaver circuit (tone bypassed).

I did a bad job with the clearcoat, and the "zle" at the end of shizzle ended up running.  Had to do a "repair" job. 

liddokun

Quote from: Zedmin_fx on October 10, 2008, 05:14:47 PM
honestly it doesnt look bad, I really like it
Quote from: liddokun on October 10, 2008, 05:03:46 PM

Thanks.  I messed up 3 times had to wipe the paint off and start over.  Don't even know how Dragonfly does such a great job. 

danielzink

Quote from: Used666 on October 10, 2008, 04:42:34 PM
Quote from: morpha2 on October 10, 2008, 03:20:01 PM
Quote from: DWBH on October 10, 2008, 11:13:13 AM
Those resistors remind me of sausages... yummy...
Yeah, those look cool. Do they have their values printed on them? Whered' they come from?

Another request for where you got those resistors......

the values aren't actually on them - they're coded - like a 1k is something like 1003 and a 10k is 1004 etc. (those are jst examples - not the real codes. But still easier (for me) than red/red/gray.....errrrr.....lemmme look that up....

They're just Vishay Dale resistors nuttin' special.

Dan

dxm1

They're Vishay/Dale one percenters.  Mouser has them. 71-RN55D-F-value.

danielzink

StuckWah

It's 2:30am......I'll test this thing out tomorrow...I gotta sleep - but I still had to post it   :icon_twisted:

Dan

free electron

It all started with someone's  Polyphase clone i got for repair. I've replaced the original LFO with my own design giving this beast some extra add-ons like:
- Depth control,
- 7 different waveforms + Random mode (Wave knob)
- tap tempo function via external footswitch
- expression pedal input. Depending on the EXP_mode switch position the pedal can take the control on parameters like LFO Rate, Depth or Sweep (static phase shift).
There are also a couple of other mods:
- 4/6 stages switch, bypasses the two of the phasing stages,
- normal/uni switch for univibing the first four stages,
- phase/vibrato switch
- insert point just before the envelope follower and ENV control section
- ground lift switch

Because of the circulating nature of the sounds i decided to name the pedal ORBITER.
Here's a 3min. Sound sample
It wasn't easy to put all those features into that box using already designed PCB but finally i managed it to work as expected. So, let me present You:
The Orbiter Phasing Station

arawn

Hey what's with the empty sockets? Sounds awesome and looks good too!
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

darron

Quote from: arawn on October 11, 2008, 08:21:17 AM

awesome? sounds a touch better than awesome!!
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

free electron

Quote from: arawn on October 11, 2008, 08:21:17 AM
Empty sockets? It was the original LFO (4013 + CA3140). They were doing nothing, but consuming the power, so i took them away. The new LFO, LED current drivers, power transformer and the +15V & +5V regulators are on the separate pcb:

snoof

Auke Haarsma

Double WOWwowWow! :o :o

Do you have a project-thread somewhere explaining the new LFO and Taptempo? I'd be very interested.

kurtlives

Very happy with the insides seeing how much stuff I had to pack in. Its such a tight squeeze. Using one of those fancy Burr Brown op-amps btw.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Gila_Crisis

free electron: your polyphase is just amazing!!!!!!!

kurtlives: i built a zendrive too, i used a burrbrown opa 2134 and the clipping with 2n7000 and 1n34, it sounds awesome, it`s really a wonderfull overdrive, lots of good sounds and better then my old fulltone fulldrive clone!

liddokun

Quote from: kurtlives on October 11, 2008, 02:23:32 PM

Is that a battery from The Source by Circuit City that I see?  I'm pretty sure it is.  If it is, don't ask me how I know.  Not that I shop there a lot... :icon_redface:

kurtlives

Quote from: liddokun on October 11, 2008, 03:39:38 PM
Quote from: kurtlives on October 11, 2008, 02:23:32 PM

Is that a battery from The Source by Circuit City that I see?  I'm pretty sure it is.  If it is, don't ask me how I know.  Not that I shop there a lot... :icon_redface:
It is heheh.

I got my dad to pick me up a pack the other day when he was coming home from work. I told him today I needed another pack and he went nuts..."Didn't I just buy you a pack??"
Im just rolling out these stomp boxes.
Good thing about their batteries is after you buy three packs the fourth is free. Next pack is free!

Quotekurtlives: i built a zendrive too, i used a burrbrown opa 2134 and the clipping with 2n7000 and 1n34, it sounds awesome, it`s really a wonderfull overdrive, lots of good sounds and better then my old fulltone fulldrive clone!
Sounds like we built ours the same way.
Still playing around with it seeing all the sounds I can get. Any favs from you? What guitars do you use?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

liddokun

Yep, my sister is a Radio Television major at Ryerson, so one time she was going to a comic book con with a media pass, she needed to attract visitors.  So I whipped up a ruby for her, hooked up a stereo jack and had both left and right channels combined into one mono channel.  Then tossed in 2 4 inch speakers, boxed it up, and she had a nice little portable "ghettoblaster" .  Needless to say she used it all day and went through a lot of batteries.  Those Source by CC batteries were all she used. 

solderman

Two new ones

Captain America (MXR Phase 90) and Dragon Cave Overdrive (Fulltone ODC clone)

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

solderman

This is my personal best in the area of squeezing. I'm  gonna have a hard to squeeze in more than this in a Hammond BB box,   ;) Its a spring reverb BTW.

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Ben N

Where's the pan? Amazing squeeze job, there, even without it.

And can I make a general request, not directed to or at anyone in particular? Could posters here please try to crop out all the unnecessary background and/or shrink their images? I don't have a problem with download time, but having to spend five minutes scrolling up and down and side to side just to see the pic kinda takes the fun out of it.
  • SUPPORTER