SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Quote from: RedHouse on October 17, 2008, 01:39:11 AM
Quote from: Dragonfly on October 14, 2008, 12:45:25 AM

Where do you get those blue Phillips capacitors?

I was doing a resto on a old early 80's JCM800 that had some blue caps like that, would be nice to replace the original (leakers) with look-alikes.

Digikey have them although they are Vishay/BC caps now.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=4068PHCT-ND

Quote from: nordine on October 17, 2008, 08:45:06 AM
i liker this one better than the final one   :D

reminds me of a nike shoe

That had crossed my mind too. :)

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

John Lyons

Thanks for the run down on the process dave.
It looks great and you did great job, looks very sharp.
Lotsa detailed work there!!

I was looking into the airbrush/auto air thing for a while.
I'd still like to do it but I think for now I'm looking at getting
into a powder coating setup. I can add the airbrush to that later.
Know any people giving away money?

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Dragonfly

davent - Absolutely one of the nicest looking pedals I've seen...ever ! Beautiful work.

Dragonfly

Quote from: John Lyons on October 17, 2008, 11:20:25 AM

Check your "Junk Mail" box - I think someone from Nigeria might be giving away money.  :D

solderman

QuoteRed Star Drive - my submini pentode take on the Trotsky Drive.

More photos, schematics and soundclips here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=71350.0

Fantastic build and grate artwork. But why don show the tube outside?
Is there any rectifying tube among the subminis. I mean to get rid of the Diodes??

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

solderman

QuoteHello,
While sitting under a tree, out of the summer sun waiting for a bus in front of the health food store with my tofu and vitamins, a nicely done up two-tone 40's something coupe cruised by giving me the idea for a potential pedal paint job.

Dave, This is not only good its top nudge.
You have not only the craftmans skill to mask and paint the way you do. Thats somting that could be learnd by training. You have also the feel for how multilayer coting will appear finally. Thats hard.
You have my respect and admiration for your work. MAN, THIS IS REAL ART

//Solderman

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

frequencycentral

Quote from: solderman on October 17, 2008, 03:50:46 PM
QuoteRed Star Drive - my submini pentode take on the Trotsky Drive.

More photos, schematics and soundclips here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=71350.0

Fantastic build and grate artwork.

Thanks!

But why don show the tube outside?

My tubes are shy.

Is there any rectifying tube among the subminis. I mean to get rid of the Diodes??

I'm sure there must be............or you could use a 6111 as two diodes I guess. Here's Dano12's pinout for using a 12AU7 as diodes, just change the pinout for 6111:

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Barcode80

an a/b output switcher i made for a customer

asfastasdark

Patrick, could you explain to me how you got that box so shiny/smooth and how you put labels on there? I'm new to box decoration, and I want to do something just like this! Looks really good, especially for the simplicity of an A/B box, nice tiny 1590A enclosure  :D!

noelgrassy

Quote from: cathexis link

Check out the bakelite wheatstone bridge I found at the thrift store yesterday - it's a beauty! It's under "tools".

LARS
/quote]

That things a beauty! Your file with the object titled, "cathexis" is a freakin' hoot too. That might look really nice
used as the artwork on the top of one of your pedals. Is there a magnet in the center of all those?

NG
"Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, and those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied by drink." Mark TwGL

kurtlives

Needs new knobs...

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Renegadrian

Chris, hope it doesn't sound as the name implies!!!  :icon_lol:

that a/b is killer...simple but sooo nice!!! Great!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

davent

Hello,

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, much appreciated!

Quote from: John Lyons on October 17, 2008, 11:20:25 AM

I was looking into the airbrush/auto air thing for a while.
I'd still like to do it but I think for now I'm looking at getting
into a powder coating setup. I can add the airbrush to that later.

john

I'd really like to combine the two methods as I'm not convinced of the duability of the aluminum/whatever primer i've used so far bond.   The powdercoating would be a great first coat then use the paints to dress it up a bit. (Although if all powdercoats looked as good as that plum purple job posted recently I could pack away the airbrush.) Maybe the paint would adhere better to the powder coat then to the aluminum and I wouldn't be so fearful of chipping.

People giving away money? Sure, but you missed your chance, we just had an election this week up here north of the 49th,  politicians were giving away money by the boatload  (however why does my boat never come in once they get elected?)

Quote from: solderman on October 17, 2008, 04:13:28 PM
QuoteHello,
While sitting under a tree, out of the summer sun waiting for a bus in front of the health food store with my tofu and vitamins, a nicely done up two-tone 40's something coupe cruised by giving me the idea for a potential pedal paint job.

Dave, This is not only good its top nudge.
You have not only the craftmans skill to mask and paint the way you do. Thats somting that could be learnd by training. You have also the feel for how multilayer coting will appear finally. Thats hard.
You have my respect and admiration for your work. MAN, THIS IS REAL ART

//Solderman

Hi Anders,
It's really just a matter of being famiiliar with the materials. I had used the same combination of paints on a faceplate but before doing the faceplate i did a lot of playing around/experimenting/trial and lots of error to see what the paints might do. When it came time to do this project i had a pretty good idea of the results i'd get with what was planned.  Like with everything else... practice, practice ,practice. :)

Thanks guys,
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

The French connection

Another supervilain! The Blob from X-men! But i've call it Fat Bastard (Austin Power) because that's what is inside (Fat boostered).

Bonne nuit!

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

Barcode80

Quote from: asfastasdark on October 18, 2008, 11:03:55 AM
Patrick, could you explain to me how you got that box so shiny/smooth and how you put labels on there? I'm new to box decoration, and I want to do something just like this! Looks really good, especially for the simplicity of an A/B box, nice tiny 1590A enclosure  :D!
sure! first, i applied a flat black to the whole enclosure. i use this as my primer. i then sprayed a sparse coat of dupli-color automotive spraypaint over it, leaving some balck showing through for some depth. normally for this finish my next step after the paint dries would be to sand off the top with a 400 grit sandpaper. that is how the top is so flat and has the nice brushed in texture lines in it. in this case, however, to save work, while the blue was drying i took a razor blade and skimmed the paint neatly off the top. then i finished off by sanding as normal.

after a wetsand with 800 grit and a second coat of paint, i then did the labeling. these are jut plain dry transfer decal sets you can get from any hobby store. i applied them carefully, then spreayed two coats of polyurethane lacquer to protect the lettering, sturdy up the paint job, and keep the top form dulling as bare aluminum will do over a week or two.

hope that helps!

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: The French connection on October 18, 2008, 11:35:33 PM
Another supervilain! The Blob from X-men! But i've call it Fat Bastard (Austin Power) because that's what is inside (Fat boostered).
Bonne nuit!
Dan

What? No gut shot?  That's heavily disappointing.
Sorry for the pun, sometimes I just get on a roll...
But can end up laying it on a little thick.

Okay okay, I must stop.

frank_p

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on October 19, 2008, 12:43:55 AM
Bonne nuit!
Dan
Okay okay, I must stop.

HAHA!!  You have that "introspective" feeling tonight Alex.  I think Dan was in an extrovert one with all his comic book maniac figures...

Bonsoir Dan.

The French connection

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on October 19, 2008, 12:43:55 AM
Bonne nuit!
Dan

Okay okay, I must stop.

No guts to show the guts...first time with stripboard and a couple jumper ''mirrored placed'' so a little troubleshoot with all the spaghetti that come with it...I don't feel that greasy!  ;)

Quote from: frank_p on October 19, 2008, 12:52:33 AM
HAHA!!  You have that "introspective" feeling tonight Alex.  I think Dan was in an extrovert one with all his comic book maniac figures...

Bonsoir Dan.

Too much Freudian for me Frank. But giving that i've post it on a saturday night, might tell you that i'm a bit of an ermite. I'm more ''Jungest'' in that kind of analyse.  :P

Salut!

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

slacker

Latest work in progress  ;D

frequencycentral

^^^

Damn! .........and what is it you little tease?

EDIT: Ian, I like the way that the photo is just out of focus enough so as not to be able to read the markings on the chips! Cunning!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!