Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Quote from: danielzink on October 22, 2008, 12:15:17 AM
Quote from: davent on October 21, 2008, 10:15:52 PM
Quote from: danielzink on October 21, 2008, 09:30:16 PM
6111 PepperShredder

Dan

That looks real nice Dan! Where did you find the mini tube sockets, are they readily available?

dave

grrrr.......stupid sub-mini tube sockets............expensive....grrrrr........delicate.........

http://members.shaw.ca/pacifictv/socket.htm#submin

Dan

Thanks for the link Dan, now I know what to look for.

For all you submini fans out there, there is a thread at Ampgarage and another  at PPwatt about a Trainwreck Express Amp done with subminature tubes. I think to view the pictures at both forums you have to sign up but that's no big deal. UR12, who built the amp may have boards for it in the future.

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6159&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://www.ppwatt.com/node/16013

dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

DougH

Quote from: John Lyons on October 22, 2008, 05:20:00 PM

Foil shielding looks like poo but it's a lot better than spray on since it's much thicker.

Yeah, I kind of like it for the Astrotone though. It gives it a "flight hardware" look. :icon_wink:

Nods to Jack Orman for his use of these (white ones) and pics of them on the AMZ site

Yes, absolutely. That old article of his gave me the idea to try it. Those builds of yours look great, John!

(I thought I had a good sound clip of this thing tonight, but something just didn't sound right. I was kind of bummed then after I shut everything down and came inside I realized I accidentally plugged my TS in the input and buffered it. No wonder it sounded so rough... Damn... I'll try again tomorrow...)
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

Volkmar

my project in progress

5150 preamp

3-ch tube preamp
1 - bogner sharp
2 - marshal JCM800
3 - fender twin

what's a shit?

mountainking

Quote from: yeeshkul on October 22, 2008, 06:09:48 AM
Here is my recent Maestro FZ-1S clone

Hey man, that's look freakin' amazing!

new

this is my full drive2 clone  and 0d850 clone

DougH

Those look really cool! :icon_wink: Do the boxes hold up under stomping?
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

Ben N

Quote from: DougH on October 24, 2008, 08:26:23 AM
Those look really cool! :icon_wink: Do the boxes hold up under stomping?
+1. I'm guessing there is a wood block or other internal bracing?
  • SUPPORTER

railhead

Here's a shot of the current version of my Peach Custom Fuzz's board:

Nitefly182

Quote from: railhead on October 24, 2008, 07:29:06 PM
Here's a shot of the current version of my Peach Custom Fuzz's board:

Thats probably the actual Peach Custom Fuzz I ordered from you the other day  :icon_biggrin:

railhead

Hah, it is, actually!

You'll be pleased to know that clear coating will begin tomorrow, and I'll be adding the guts in a few days. :)

frank_p

Sorry, I am ignorant of this white thing under the chromed ring....
What is this.. Peach fibers,,,

Miam, Miam,<

solderman

QuoteSorry, I am ignorant of this white thing under the chromed ring....
What is this.. Peach fibers,,,

Miam, Miam,<

I sat and wondered the same thing until i took my glasses of and the dimmed pic went clearer ;D  (to me) and i saw a trim pot (the nudge in the middle)

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

railhead

Yeah, that's a little trim pot.

composition4

Last week whilst shopping I saw this tin shaped and painted like a mini refrigerator (20cm tall, was filled with lollies) and had the urge to make an amp out of it.

It's a Ruby, with input and external speaker jack mounted on the back.  Sounds pretty good (in a nasty way) through the 3" speaker, but it really shines when plugged into my 4x12 cab - I can't believe how loud something powered from a 9v battery can be!

Sorry about the crappy quality photos, phone camera again!

Jonathan

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

flo

Amp in a fridge, that's great!  8)

Renegadrian

Go buy a camera now!!!  :icon_evil: <---jokin'
BTW, what's the other pedal on the ground? (2nd pic)

composition4

The other pedal is a ROG Thor... I had just been using it to test the Ruby circuit with a bit of drive to it... I posted a pic of this pedal a while back

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.msg554266#msg554266

Might be familiar to you because you commented on it then too!

I'll take some better pics of the fridge amp tomorrow if you want (my proper camera is hiding away somewhere, don't really use it much.. bit too late to go searching the house for it tonight)

Jonathan

Renegadrian

Yeah, I remember it...I like your pedals!  :icon_wink:

composition4

Thanks, means a lot coming from you.  Unfortunately none contain submini tubes yet though :)

Hard (i.e. impossible) to get a hold of them down here, although your work kinda inspires me to order some in to have a play around