News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Here's my "Fnord! Overdrive", which is an Electra Distortion laid on a turret board:

Dragonfly

Focalized

Quote from: culturejam on October 27, 2008, 12:53:50 AM
Here's my "Fnord! Overdrive", which is an Electra Distortion laid on a turret board:

That is a really impressive box.

Focalized

Another one of my mini fuzz faces. This one sounds best yet. I've found 2N3904 have worked best for me so far.
This ones layout really fit well. Enough that I can lay the battery flat. I just need to find some good way to secure the battery from shorting anything out. Some foam or plastic standoffs. I use the power jack anyway.

Focalized

Quote from: Dragonfly on October 27, 2008, 01:46:01 AM

Am I the only other one addicted to fuzzes? I don't think i'd have been if I hadn't seen your work. I've even just ordered a bunch of stuff from bigsmythe74. You know that guy.
I've yet to etch any PCBs though. I'm not big on trying that process yet. 

awitee

dr boogey! this is my 4th dr boogey, the 1st 3 were for other people, this one's for me, finally haha

there's a few cosmetic flaws, this is because it fell off the table while i was painting it haha
i didnt bother to repaint it, because this one's just for me, so id rather save the paint
this was also my first time to use silver mica caps, i didnt expect it to be big (for a pF cap)
the large electrolytics are 1uF non polar.. those are the only non polar 1uF that i can get, it doesnt affect the sound anyway

Zedmin_fx

Heres my newest fuzz face ( it has a bass cut mod and a boost mod) Doesnt look as nice as Andys fuzz pedals but if sounds awsome, I have silicon transistors in there but they have no lable on them. I wish I had a way to get soundclips.

carrejans

Quote from: Zedmin_fx on October 27, 2008, 09:48:34 AM

Heres my newest fuzz face ( it has a bass cut mod and a boost mod) Doesnt look as nice as Andys fuzz pedals but if sounds awsome, I have silicon transistors in there but they have no lable on them. I wish I had a way to get soundclips.

Nice enclosure. Source?  ;D

Too bad your chicken head is so close to the stompswitch.

davent

Quote from: Focalized on October 27, 2008, 01:58:16 AM
Another one of my mini fuzz faces. This one sounds best yet. I've found 2N3904 have worked best for me so far.
This ones layout really fit well. Enough that I can lay the battery flat. I just need to find some good way to secure the battery from shorting anything out. Some foam or plastic standoffs. I use the power jack anyway.

Looks great there!

To secure  a battery at risk of flopping around in a build i cut a battery sleeve from a bicycle inner tube then stuck one side of a piece of heavy duty velcro tape to the sleeve and the mating half of the velcro to the enclosure.  Slip  the sleeve on the battery and stick it to your enclosure. So far mine's holding strong.   Also mounted the battery to the baseplate  of the enclosure so when it is in use gravity is your friend.  A battery sleeve and some foam weather stripping may be all you need to prevent problems.

Take care,
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

DougH

Quote from: culturejam on October 27, 2008, 12:53:50 AM

That looks very cool!
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

DougH

Zedmin_fx

Quote from: carrejans on October 27, 2008, 11:25:41 AM
Quote from: Zedmin_fx on October 27, 2008, 09:48:34 AM

Nice enclosure. Source?  ;D

Too bad your chicken head is so close to the stompswitch.

the chicken heads work fine, yea its kinda cramped but I am lovin it. on of my part time jobs from a while ago was beign a trash guy at the old ppls appartments, some one thu out a sweing machine and I said hmm thats sick, I just found it cleaning out some stuff and put the fuzz in it. my pic kinds made the pedal look uneven and what not. I put an orange led under the open cuts ontop it looks really cool.

solderman

Hi
I'm proud to introduce you to  Mr U-tube.

The Valvcaster in a blue box

\\Solderman

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

culturejam

awitee

Quote from: solderman on October 27, 2008, 12:43:15 PM
Hi

\\Solderman

wow nice one, very compact
although isnt it hard to step on the switch due to the knobs being close to it?

Focalized

This is a Hot Silicone, a Red LLama and a Sparkle Boost.
This is the best distortion/drive/fuzz i've ever played with.
Most so with the Hot Si and the boost. I can get so many different sounds. From early Led Zepplin to thick fuzz (more muff than face) to serious brown sound. I can get what sounds like a good small amp like a Blues Junior cranked. All into the clean of my Classic 30. Kills the drive channel, on low levels at least. I did just put on new strings so that helped but anyway I love it. The LLama probably won't be played as much but it sounds good too in there. The LLama is better if the amp is breaking up I think.

Thanks to those who made the LLama and Hot Si layout. Big thanks to Dragonfly for that Sparkle Boost. That thing really adds the bite without any harshness. I might add some decals showing what's in there above the LEDs. I'd have to really play around in Paint Shop Pro.

gutsofgold

Focalized, that is like the perfect distortion box right there! I've been really debating putting my booster pedal in with my Red Llama to conserve space and I think you inspired me to do it.

solderman

Quote from: awitee on October 27, 2008, 08:12:26 PM
Quote from: solderman on October 27, 2008, 12:43:15 PM
Hi

\\Solderman

wow nice one, very compact
although isnt it hard to step on the switch due to the knobs being close to it?

Yes, but this one is more for fun and "studio use" then live on stage eaven thoug it sounds grate and is very quiet, no motorboating. See the Valvcaster thread where I have put a sound sample.  I think one of the fun part with this hobby is the challenge to cram as many things in to small boxes as possible. And I have decided to box effects only if the fall with in these frames.
- Only use 1590B and 1519A
- Only use the upper short side for jacks (more room on the pedalboard)
- Never use an internal battery

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

awitee

Yes, but this one is more for fun and "studio use" then live on stage eaven thoug it sounds grate and is very quiet, no motorboating. See the Valvcaster thread where I have put a sound sample.  I think one of the fun part with this hobby is the challenge to cram as many things in to small boxes as possible. And I have decided to box effects only if the fall with in these frames.
- Only use 1590B and 1519A
- Only use the upper short side for jacks (more room on the pedalboard)
- Never use an internal battery

//Solderman
[/quote]

oh i see. haha thats a great "challenge" idea

DougH

Quote from: Focalized on October 27, 2008, 10:26:47 PM
This is a Hot Silicone, a Red LLama and a Sparkle Boost.
This is the best distortion/drive/fuzz i've ever played with.
Most so with the Hot Si and the boost. I can get so many different sounds.

I'm glad you like the Hot Silicon. :icon_wink:

It's my favorite fuzz of all the fuzzes, probably.