SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kierc

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on November 05, 2008, 02:20:09 PM
so here's my last build, the Electro Harmonix Clone Theory chorus:

sounds really good, but i'm getting a terribel hiss in bypass from the charge pump  :icon_cry: any ideas how to solve this?

btw the whole project is here: http://topopiccione.atspace.com/PJ12EHCloneTheory.html

Nice one  ;D  puts mine in the dark  :-[ haha
I don't know about he bypass hiss, as I didn't use the charge pump (ATM I'm running it with a 78L09, works perfect at 9V so you might not even need the charge pump?)
Have you got any mods on it? I noticed the second toggle - is that the double track mod? how do I add this? (whats it even do?  ???)

Gila_Crisis

i just solved the charge pump hiss when in bypass. i just moved it to another place and tada! no more strange hisses. maybe shielded wires will help too, in this case ;)

the second switch is the double track, yep! it's kind of an echo/reverb modus, sound lovely :)

zyxwyvu

Here's my most recent work:

(Click the images for bigger versions!)

First one is an A/DA Flanger clone from Moosapotamus' layout. I just barely got it to fit in a 1790NS, as you can see. Graphics are just a piece of paper, glued to the box after painting, then clearcoated. It turned out pretty well, except that I didn't glue it enough in the center, so it doesn't lay flat. Hard to tell unless you're close though. It sounds awesome!

Second is a modified spyder power supply. It has 6 9V DC outputs, 1 18V DC output, and a 9V AC output. I tied two of the 9V secondaries together and used an 18V regulator to make the 18V. I don't have a picture of it, but the power switch lights up when it's turned on! The graphics are straight black spray paint, then the rest painted on by hand, then clear coat.

Last is an Echo Base, with a few mods. First, I added an effects loop, with buffered send/return (that's the perfboard). It's set up so the effect gets added every time the signal is delayed. I also replaced the LFO opamp with an OPA2743, which is not only low power, but rail-to-rail in/out. It gives a massive amount of pitch change when the depth settings are high - to get decent vibrato/chorus I only need it at about 20%! I also added a capacitor between the LFO output and the BJT that controls the delay time. This makes the bias on the transistor a little different, but most importantly, it makes the delay time independent of the depth setting.

As for box and graphics, it's got 4 red LEDs hooked up in series for the light emitting border, switched on when the effect is on. The graphics on top are paper, like my flanger, but this time I made sure to glue the paper down everywhere, and even superglued the corners so they wouldn't pop up.

morpha2

Nothing too flashy here. A Micro Amp I made for a buddy:

slacker

Love the Echo Base Josh  :) That LFO mod sounds interesting, where did you put the cap and what value did you use?

solderman

Hi
First, Meet  Mrs Small Talk
Don't let here sweet lips deceive you. She is as hot as hell with a Rough bite and a poisonous tung.
A Distortion+ on steroids in a small box.

This is not an effect but a power supply. I made this to be able to power my boxes both from high voltage and battery. Inside is just a couple of Caps and a LM317 with trim pot for 9V. I feed it with a 12V 1700mA wallvort or a 12V 2500  mAh led accumulator (the black box under). It lasts forever although its time to re charge on the pic. The Volt meter is only theere to show when its time to re charge the battery.

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

railhead

Here's one of my Peach Custom Fuzz pedals I just finished:

DWBH

Clean. Yeah.
Fuzz. Clean.

Love it man!

zyxwyvu

Quote from: slacker on November 06, 2008, 01:46:20 PM
Love the Echo Base Josh  :) That LFO mod sounds interesting, where did you put the cap and what value did you use?

I used a large electrolytic cap (10uF I think, though anything above that will work too). I put it between the 240k resistor and the 100k Depth pot - that way I didn't have to desolder anything to put it there. It would also work before the 240k resistor.

Nitefly182

Quote from: railhead on November 06, 2008, 03:24:08 PM
Here's one of my Peach Custom Fuzz pedals I just finished:

I ordered one of those and cant wait to get it!

nelson

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on November 05, 2008, 06:32:00 PM
i just solved the charge pump hiss when in bypass. i just moved it to another place and tada! no more strange hisses. maybe shielded wires will help too, in this case ;)

the second switch is the double track, yep! it's kind of an echo/reverb modus, sound lovely :)

:)

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Focalized

This sounds really good. First time with those kind of parts. I think there may be something to them sounding better. There's a certain harmonic juice my other Fuzzes don't quite have.  BC108 transistors. Reverse audio pots. Bias pot. Still making swirls.

kierc

Not alot of mojo in here, but I'm proud of it! my first time designing a layout, first time etching a pcb, my first Fuzz Face, and it worked first time  ;D

Gonna have to jazz up the outsides now!  Want to say thanks to Green Fuz for our little trade  :)

jalien21

no hiding, kierc! lets see those traces! (though, i guess it looks pretty attached at this point. maybe when you paint that brother?)

GREEN FUZ

Quote from: kierc on November 07, 2008, 10:19:08 AM
Not alot of mojo in here, but I'm proud of it! my first time designing a layout, first time etching a pcb, my first Fuzz Face, and it worked first time  ;D

Love when that happens  ;D.

kierc

Well, it's not my own circuit (this is only my 3rd effect!), It's actually the GGG late 60's fuzz face, but I didn't want all those empty spaces for different versions, and I wanted something more personal this time, so I made my own layout from the schematic..

Here's a photo of my etch (bit blurry, and the transfer smudged a tiny bit!)

More photo's and my pcb/layout are on my site at http://www.kierc.co.uk/fuzzface/index.html  :)

Thanks for the comments  :D

bean

Nice work, Kierc. I'm worried that your knobs will be messed up when you foot up on the switch, though.

kierc

Thanks for the great comment Bean ;D  However, I am not very good on guitar (purely a bedroom player), and so will not be stamping on it or gigging etc  :icon_lol:
Those knobs do move very easily though!

Renegadrian

Here's my 8th Valvy - I found this little box, actually designed to hold coins, and I went - Would it be crazy to build a Valvy inside one of those? Hell yeah - ok, I have to do it!!!

So here it is!!! I dedicated it to my gone too soon daddy, who left us ten years ago. It was a rainy november day, just like today...
I know he'd appreciate...

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

ianmgull

Here is my most recent creation. NPN si Fuzz Face with external bias control. I'm kind of bummed out because it got a little banged up before the clear coat cured all the way (patience is a virtue I sometimes lack). My first try at water slide decals, still getting the hang of those...