News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earthtonesaudio

QuoteI have been sitting on a  ready made layout for the Rebote 2.5 http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/Small_Delay_STP.jpg but now I have got my thumb out and ordered (very expensive  Angry) 9mm pots and SMD 47 uF E-lyts, only 6,5mm high, to get all to fit in a 1590A box.

Anders, next time check old broken computers and computer parts.  Surface mount tantalums are plentiful in there.

Valoosj

Quote from: solderman on December 14, 2008, 06:59:55 AM

Thanks Solderman.

I've got 8 more A size pedals in the making. The pcb layouts are done for a phase 90, Box of Rock, SHO, Rebote 2.5 and tremulus lune ...

Just need the cash to buy the parts :D

Hi Really nice, that is an impressive list you got there. How do yo plan to fit all the pots on the tremulus lune ?? Below is the ones  that i have managed to shrink so far
I have been sitting on a  ready made layout for the Rebote 2.5 http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/Small_Delay_STP.jpg but now I have got my thumb out and ordered (very expensive  >:() 9mm pots and SMD 47 uF E-lyts, only 6,5mm high, to get all to fit in a 1590A box. There is actually plenty of room in a 1950A box as long as the components don't  take up more then 10mm in hight. With SMD and double side PCB Sky's the limit ;D

//Solderman

The tremulus will have its depth and gain as trimmers. Speed, smooth and spacing will be 9mm pots.
The layout for the Rebote is as good as done, but it should fit. Those caps, can you replace normal eclolytes with tantalums? Never knew this. Might come in handy!
February-March will be the time when I make the pedals and they will be on my 'mini-me board'.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

solderman

Thanks for the tip Alex. I looked trough my scrap bin and found a lot of them. Unforuatly only 10uF no 47 uF so far.

Yorick, OK, I see All caps can be changed to poly according this sites FAQ, I have tryed with 1uF and 2.2uF and it works grate. But to find 47uF in poly... normal tantals are to big to use.

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on December 14, 2008, 11:36:25 AM
QuoteI have been sitting on a  ready made layout for the Rebote 2.5 http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/Small_Delay_STP.jpg but now I have got my thumb out and ordered (very expensive  Angry) 9mm pots and SMD 47 uF E-lyts, only 6,5mm high, to get all to fit in a 1590A box.

Anders, next time check old broken computers and computer parts.  Surface mount tantalums are plentiful in there.

Quote from: Valoosj on December 14, 2008, 12:03:24 PM

Quote from: solderman on December 14, 2008, 06:59:55 AM

Thanks Solderman.

I've got 8 more A size pedals in the making. The pcb layouts are done for a phase 90, Box of Rock, SHO, Rebote 2.5 and tremulus lune ...

Just need the cash to buy the parts :D

The tremulus will have its depth and gain as trimmers. Speed, smooth and spacing will be 9mm pots.
The layout for the Rebote is as good as done, but it should fit. Those caps, can you replace normal eclolytes with tantalums? Never knew this. Might come in handy!
February-March will be the time when I make the pedals and they will be on my 'mini-me board'.

OK, I see All caps can be changed to poly according this sites FAQ, I have tryed with 1uF and 2.2uF and it works grate. But to find 47uF in poly... normal tantals are to big to use.

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

any

Quote from: jakehop on December 12, 2008, 07:00:33 AM
Quote from: any on December 11, 2008, 09:04:28 PM
It's taken a couple of months, but they're finally coming together!!  :D
Enclosures are done now, just assembly left.

And I got it my way, they glow in the dark!

I'll might have one or two for sale to forumites, if interested, PM me...
Cheers,
Any

Cool stuff! Where did you get the silkscreening kit, and how many tries did it take to get such a nice finish? Great job!

Kind regards, Jake

The Silk screening kit was of the local fleabay, cost about 50 bucks. I didn't develop the screen myself though... that
was done by some proffessionals for another 50 bucks. They also provided me with the inks.
The white was too runny for my screen so it wasn't as sharp, you had to pass it real quick.
The Glow in the dark was like a paste, it went really well with a quick pass, nice and sharp with a little bit of texture.
I spend about 4 hours doing 10 boxes, which wasn't too bad really, just needed thicker white ink.

Quote from: Filament on December 11, 2008, 11:22:12 PM
And of course those handsome, salt of the earth folks that bought trannys AND taniwha boards will have first crack, yes?   ;)  I don't care if that thing sounds like a popcorn fart, I want one!

Yep, they should be around US$175 (ex. shipping) which turns out to be quite reasonable for the amount of work they had.

Cheers,
Any
It's supposed to sound that way.

arma61

Hi,

my last build, an EasyVibe, had some problem with bias at the beginning, posted here, then R.G jumped in the thread and I say to myself "Ok, it's going to work!!!", and it works!!

First time with adhesive "plastic" paper, unfortunately white in this paper is transparent, so I had to paint the box white, and now I can see the brush's strike through!! that's ok anyway  it'll come better next time!

Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

nico13

Quote from: arma61 on December 14, 2008, 05:29:27 PM
Hi,

my last build, an EasyVibe, had some problem with bias at the beginning, posted here, then R.G jumped in the thread and I say to myself "Ok, it's going to work!!!", and it works!!

First time with adhesive "plastic" paper, unfortunately white in this paper is transparent, so I had to paint the box white, and now I can see the brush's strike through!! that's ok anyway  it'll come better next time!

Armando

Nice Building Armando!

I also build one using the stock schematic but I put the 1K trimpot as a standard pot on the enclosure to be able to change the sweep of the vibe (Pink Floyd's or Hendrix' way) when needed.
What is your level pot mod for?

Nico.

any

Sorry to spam another set of pics of my builds, but must show the final product...

The gutshot (how clean 's that?!)

Cheers,
Niels

(PS PM for availabillity and pricing)

tehfunk

wow niels, beautiful, lol. do the transistors stay put? i find that with those sockets the transistors fall out? i guess it's not a do but how because I am sure you wouldnt use em if they didn't work.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

any

Quote from: tehfunk on December 14, 2008, 07:53:43 PM
wow niels, beautiful, lol. do the transistors stay put? i find that with those sockets the transistors fall out? i guess it's not a do but how because I am sure you wouldnt use em if they didn't work.

They sit quite well, and the top of the transistors are right up against the bottom of the lid which should prevent any undoing.
I thought about using a bit of nail polish to "glue" them in though, just to be sure...

arma61

Quote from: nico13 on December 14, 2008, 06:09:45 PM
Hi,

Armando

Nice Building Armando!

I also build one using the stock schematic but I put the 1K trimpot as a standard pot on the enclosure to be able to change the sweep of the vibe (Pink Floyd's or Hendrix' way) when needed.
What is your level pot mod for?

Nico.

Thx Nico, it's just a volume pot, is a mod I've found somewhere (cannot remember at the moment but I'll let you know later), I took out R16 and put a pot instead. as I don't gig, just playing at home or with some friends, so different set up, PC, LM386 amp, bigger amp, so I've found usefull to have this Level control being the pedal, usually, at the end of the effects' chain.

Cheers
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Quote from: any on December 14, 2008, 06:20:12 PM
Sorry to spam another set of pics of my builds, but must show the final product...

Cheers,
Niels

No true bypass? Bold move with a fuzz. Looks fantastic though, well done!!!

German

I think true bypass. It has just no indication.

sshrugg

Armando

I totally dig the brush texture
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

arma61

Quote from: sshrugg on December 15, 2008, 11:35:19 AM
Armando

I totally dig the brush texture

thx sshrugg, indeed this is the case where the picture is better then the real subject !  :icon_mrgreen:

purkka

Omega boost and Andy's simple fuzz

COT50 copy i made for my friend as a gift, we call him Rolexi.. :)

and just some experimenting with sponge and metallic paint

any

Quote from: Cardboard Tube Samurai on December 15, 2008, 02:37:37 AM
No true bypass? Bold move with a fuzz. Looks fantastic though, well done!!!

It is true bypass with grounded input in bypass and without led indicator, that's why I did the glow in the dark paint.

bumblebee

Cheers,
Niels

Cool, them soanar boxes are nice hey, I know your in NZ cause  of them because they sell them here in OZ too. They are slightly smaller than the standard MXR size.

darron

Quote from: bumblebee on December 15, 2008, 04:13:09 PM
Cheers,
Niels

Cool, them soanar boxes are nice hey, I know your in NZ cause  of them because they sell them here in OZ too. They are slightly smaller than the standard MXR size.

personally i hate those. i got really shitty when jaycar started stocking them and i switched to the hammond ones. i noticed the logo before but didn't feel like contributing anything negative to such beautiful work. they are much thinner and and snap much easier compared to many around, including the old ones jaycar used to stock (yes.. i do adequate testing. including driving cars over them and hitting them with mallets). i didn't care too much until i was drilling through the middle of some where the logo is and a little bits snapped out. you'll notice that where the logo is stamped the metal can be less than 1mm thick.

don't get me wrong, what Niels has made looks awesome and i wouldn't have any concerns with gigging it! stuff like that temps me into getting into solid core too!!
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

any

Valid point Darron, I also don't like the 'stamped' logo. For my design it should be fine though as there is only one hole on the top which is very close to the edge. Personally, I like the Eddystone boxes most.