News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidRavenMoon

Quote from: Ben N on December 30, 2008, 11:10:15 PM
Looks like the bastard offspring of a Multiface and a Paia Fatman (where's the MIDI?).

I was thinking PAiA also!  John Simonton would be proud!

That's very cool.
SGD Lutherie
Hand wound pickups, and electronics.
www.sgd-lutherie.com
www.myspace.com/davidschwab

deaconque

Quote from: Aleksi on December 30, 2008, 10:18:03 AM
Hello again!

As promised, here are some shots of the finished 1U rack, some details can be found in earlier post. The paint job was a bit problematic. I used acrylic paint and lacquer and apparently applied too thick layers. The finish is still a bit soft, so will have to be careful with it for some time. But overall I'm  quite happy with it, it is the first "pedal" I painted and decaled myself. Next time I'll know a) to use thin layers of paint and b) put less stuff on the front panel :icon_lol:

BR,
Aleksi

any chance of a layout or something on this?  looks like an awesome project to try out and the relay thing is something i'd definitely be interested in learning

modsquad

Anybody checked his basement for a bomb, that thing is scary looking  :icon_eek:..."the big one, its for you, I bring you the A-bomb.." 
"Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light, not because he is afraid of the dark but because the dark is afraid of him"

Aleksi

Hi,

@deaconque: I can upload the relay and power PCB layouts if you need them (although I should remove an ununsed relay from the relay layout). It's pretty simple. The relays are DPDT-relays (poles for fx in and fx out). When the relay is off the signal bypasses the effect and when it is on the signal goes to the fx and returns back to relay board. There the signal is moved to the next relay/effect and so on... The relay is switched on/off with a MOSFET (that connects the relay power - to GND when the MOSFET conducts). The MOSFET gate is normally connected to GND with a resistor. When the footswitch is stomped it connects 12V to the MOSFET gate which then causes the MOSFET to turn on and grounds the relay and the poles connected to the effect.

I can also draw a simply Paint picture of the concept if you need it, just ask.

@modsquad: you mean me or Dano?  :icon_mrgreen:

Ripthorn

I would also be interested in the relay switching diagram.  I think that is an awesome idea.
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

arma61

Quote from: Aleksi on December 31, 2008, 03:34:45 PM
Hi,

@deaconque: I can upload the relay and power PCB layouts if you need them....

Very kind of you, I'm interested too in the relay switching system, if it's "click-free" !  :icon_mrgreen:

btw in Italy 2008 is gone 20 mins ago, so happy new year !!!!

Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

deaconque

Quote from: Aleksi on December 31, 2008, 03:34:45 PM
Hi,

@deaconque: I can upload the relay and power PCB layouts if you need them (although I should remove an ununsed relay from the relay layout). It's pretty simple. The relays are DPDT-relays (poles for fx in and fx out). When the relay is off the signal bypasses the effect and when it is on the signal goes to the fx and returns back to relay board. There the signal is moved to the next relay/effect and so on... The relay is switched on/off with a MOSFET (that connects the relay power - to GND when the MOSFET conducts). The MOSFET gate is normally connected to GND with a resistor. When the footswitch is stomped it connects 12V to the MOSFET gate which then causes the MOSFET to turn on and grounds the relay and the poles connected to the effect.

@modsquad: you mean me or Dano?  :icon_mrgreen:

i would really like to see any info you could provide on this project, thank you.  i think it probably deserves i's own thread though.

Aleksi

Hi,

thank you all for the nice feedback!

I'll post my files in a new thread here.

BR,
Aleksi

Volkmar

BASS DRIVER
All tube bass preamp, 2*6n2p-ev inside (12AX7 analog)

what's a shit?

PerroGrande

Beautiful build, Volkmar!

ianmgull

Tonepad Pulsar. Big thanks to Oskar for helping me figure out the rate LED mod!

dano12

Marshall Bluesbreaker. I've been experimenting with various high-gloss ink-jet paper things this week and did this one using Office Depot Inkjet Window Decals (part # 212-881). The resulting finish is like a black piano--very black and very glossy. Not terribly hardy, but I think some clearcoat would solve that.

Happy 2009!

Thomeeque

Hi, guys!

Here's my latest BUILD  :icon_mrgreen:

More info and stuff at http://thmq.mysteria.cz/digital_mistress/

Yep, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!, btw. :)
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: Thomeeque on January 01, 2009, 05:58:17 PM
Hi, guys!

Here's my latest BUILD  :icon_mrgreen:

More info and stuff at http://thmq.mysteria.cz/digital_mistress/

Yep, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!, btw. :)

ahahaahah this is great!! awesome!!  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

mills

Here's the chorus I just got working.  First pedal that's looked good enough to actually post a picture of!  Its also not a huge tangled mess of wires inside, but still lotsa room for improvement there.

bytedog

Here's my next one...

cheer's
Erno

Thomeeque

Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

oskar

Quote from: ianmgull on January 01, 2009, 03:57:39 PM
Tonepad Pulsar. Big thanks to Oskar for helping me figure out the rate LED mod!

Thanks and wow!
I'm proud to have contributed to that build. It is really beautifull!

gnognofasciani

Quote from: Volkmar on January 01, 2009, 02:28:57 PM
BASS DRIVER
All tube bass preamp, 2*6n2p-ev inside (12AX7 analog)

Great work! Where did you get this enclosure?

Search button is your friend