Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudscapes

version 2 of my ringmod

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

liddokun

I love the artwork on all your pedals. They're very steampunky.
To those about to rock, we salute you.

Andi

That ring mod is awesome - both inside and out. I am most impressed.

andrew_k

It does look, great, but I'm worried about that switch being so close to the stompswitch. You must be more accurate/careful than me; I'd definitely stomp that on a dark stage..

cloudscapes

thanks guys!

Quote from: andrew_k on January 04, 2009, 05:44:38 PM
It does look, great, but I'm worried about that switch being so close to the stompswitch. You must be more accurate/careful than me; I'd definitely stomp that on a dark stage..

yeah I realized that a little too late. I'll put it elsewhere in the final batches.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

bean

New Phase 45. No mods  :icon_biggrin:

MadMac

Quote from: bean on January 04, 2009, 07:54:49 PM
New Phase 45. No mods  :icon_biggrin:

That art wok is sensational!!  Did you use decals or screen print that?

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: cloudscapes on January 04, 2009, 03:18:03 PM
version 2 of my ringmod

beautful!!!! it would be great if you can post or PM me the schem ;)

omarvolta

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on January 05, 2009, 04:34:20 PM
Quote from: cloudscapes on January 04, 2009, 03:18:03 PM
version 2 of my ringmod

beautful!!!! it would be great if you can post or PM me the schem ;)

Same here! That Turmoil looks killer! I bet it sounds killer too.

chicago_mike

That is super cool! Make me a pcb! :D

Thomeeque

I'd advice to use wider wiring on PCB (so much space and so thin lines, why? at least for gnd and power) and sacrifice bit of coolness for practicalness (give stomp-switch more space).. but it's mainly envy talking, it's really nice pedal ;)
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

cloudscapes

I'll release a schem & PCB layout when I'm finished and when I start sellign a couple of these. ;) I needed to fix some bugs by jumping resistors and trims all around so I'm not yet comfortable with it.

you're right abotu the stompswitch being too close to everything else. I'm definatelly movign the toggle switch elsewhere. dont know if I want to change the position of the knobs though. I'm very fond of this design. I may brign the stomp switch down to the very bottom of the box, and the knobs up maybe a few fractions of an inch. every bit counts!

still havent video'd a demo yet. it's so dirty that it almost sounds like a fuzz on some settings! but that's fine. that's the nature of transformer ringmods.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Boogdish

Ok, I already posted a picture of this, but it's really done now and I recorded a sound sample for it:

It's The Slackfilter providing CV for the LM13700 based filter that Frequency Central used in the Funky MF, with an added effects loop. (do a search on the board to find more about the slackfilter or funky mf)

Here is a sample:
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/philter_hartman_demo.mp3

My sound card added a little bit of noise to it, sorry about that.  First few samples are it on it's own, the last few are it filtering a slacktave, a nyquist aliaser and a big muff (in that order, not at the same time.)

Thanks to Rick and Ian for letting me nick your ideas (did I use that British slang correctly?).  And thanks as well to the people who you nicked your ideas from.

Bensnap

"It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs"-Jack Handy

frequencycentral

Quote from: Boogdish on January 05, 2009, 10:39:21 PM
Thanks to Rick and Ian for letting me nick your ideas (did I use that British slang correctly?).

;)

And thanks as well to the people who you nicked your ideas from.

Hahaha LOL  :icon_rolleyes:
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

oskar

It's The Slackfilter providing CV for the LM13700 based filter that Frequency Central used in the Funky MF, with an added effects loop.
Job well done!   :)
How does the effect loop work?
If you plug a drummachine into the input and the guitar into the fx return, would you have the beat controlling the cutoff?

Focalized

So last Sunday it was 70 degrees. I finally got a day to add clear-coat  to a couple pedals that have been sitting a while.
So as I watched the Eagles finish the Cowboys, I finished these. Who knows when i'll get another warm day 'till spring.

A Shredder and a Fuzz Face.

Focalized

Old box from the summer. It was a full face white decal paper where the green was totally off from the green painted box. Looked really stupid. So I exacto-knifed most of the green out and left the red target and letters. Hack job for sure but I liked the look. Reminded me of those Dirty Boy pedals with the cut-out decal look. I put a ton of clear-coat and you can still feel the decal edge. Liked it that way too.

Can anyone see the outline in the center that could be a lion or dog?

Put a Tube Screamer from this layout: http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/album26/dynamic_overhype.gif.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Really good sounding. Back to swirls now.

Renegadrian

If there's a good amount of clear, you may want to dry/wet sand lightly to get rid of that ridge.
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Boogdish

Oskar, the fx loop is a normal 1/4" jack for the send and a switching 1/4" jack for the return, it's between the pedal's input buffer and the input of the actual filter.  I need to put  a little more effort into it though, last night I found that with certain effects in the loop you had to crank up their volumes to get the low pass setting on the filter to work.  Seems like an issue of impedances that a little extra buffering might take care of.

I want to try the drum machine triggering the envelope trick, I just haven't had a chance to do it yet, but it should work in theory.

Also, once I get this final kink out I think I'll post my layouts for this in case other people would want to build this.