Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolay

some new box from N-audio

and simple footswitch for fender bassman

danielzink

Quote from: Valoosj on January 17, 2009, 05:11:58 PM
Nice work Solderman.
You have PM btw!
3 pots should be possible. My phaser has 3 as well and I think it fits. The box is still under way with the mail.

3 pots are easy in a 1590 !

;D

Yes - I cheated and used a "store bought" board....

Kearns892

Quote from: Nikolay on January 17, 2009, 05:48:27 PM
some new box from N-audio

and simple footswitch for fender bassman

I dig the look of these pedals Nikolay, they scream rugged, sleek, and professional at the same time.
It looks like a simple decal transfer, but I'm new to all this, care to explain how you got those results?

Gila_Crisis

Nikolay

Dear, Kearns892. The first 3 pedals are made with silkscreen. Second - the simple footswitch is with laser engraving. Simple and verry good looking.

Also thanks for your opinion ;)

solderman

Quote from: danielzink on January 17, 2009, 07:21:22 PM
Nice work Solderman.
You have PM btw!
3 pots should be possible. My phaser has 3 as well and I think it fits. The box is still under way with the mail.

;D

Hi, really cool looking. Gets me thinking about the graphical part of my box. By the looks of it, yours is absolutely good enough for Marc Boland or "Ziggy Stardust".
BTW where did you get your hands on the SMD board? Was it populated and ready or kit or what??

Cheers
//Solderman  
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Hanglow

it looks like a mod board http://store.guitarfetish.com/modboards.html  or something similar, I think there was some discussion on this earlier although I might be mistaken

it's a cool idea for certain

flo

Quote from: Nikolay on January 18, 2009, 04:35:09 AM
Second - the simple footswitch is with laser engraving.
Looks good, sort of like an etch. Assuming you do not have a laser engraving machine yourself: Where did you let this be done?

Nikolay

Quote from: flo on January 18, 2009, 07:20:56 AM
Quote from: Nikolay on January 18, 2009, 04:35:09 AM
Second - the simple footswitch is with laser engraving.
Looks good, sort of like an etch. Assuming you do not have a laser engraving machine yourself: Where did you let this be done?

No, I don't have, it's not cheap :)
I engrave my stuff in a local small company here in Bulgaria.

danielzink

Quote from: solderman on January 18, 2009, 04:38:21 AM
Quote from: danielzink on January 17, 2009, 07:21:22 PM
Nice work Solderman.
You have PM btw!

;D

Hi, really cool looking. Gets me thinking about the graphical part of my box. By the looks of it, yours is absolutely good enough for Marc Boland or "Ziggy Stardust".
BTW where did you get your hands on the SMD board? Was it populated and ready or kit or what??

Cheers
//Solderman 

Quote from: Hanglow on January 18, 2009, 05:11:22 AM
it looks like a mod board http://store.guitarfetish.com/modboards.html  or something similar, I think there was some discussion on this earlier although I might be mistaken

it's a cool idea for certain

Yep, it's a Mod Board delay.

I'm working along the same lines as you Solderman and also Valoosj - working on a "micro" pedalboard. 1590 boxes. I have a SparkleBoost, and this delay. I'm currently working on an EasyDrive and some sort of a phaser in 1590's (we need to keep the "show me your 1590's" thread alive)  :icon_biggrin:

Dan

Valoosj

I already posted my phaser there in the same way that you can see Solderman's delay here.
Still waiting for the damn box to arrive.

Btw; smd = cheating!
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

flo

imho: to minimize => smd = smart!  ;)

Insanekane

Cake clone with reversed etch.

Guts:

And OVD

flo

That "reverse etch" is beautifull!
How is that done?

Insanekane

Quote from: flo on January 18, 2009, 02:35:49 PM
That "reverse etch" is beautifull!
How is that done?

Same way as the "normal etch".
But this time I masked those details. Normally mask covers almost whole top, exept those texts and details.
Then I sprayed the top lightly and carefully sanded those details.
I do it this way, if the enclosure has lots of deep dings and scratches. 

If you do those reverse etchings, remember very good ventilation and don't let that box get too hot.
When that aluminum box gets hot, those little hydrogen bubbles ignites when they hit the surface and reacts with air.. Or at least that's what I think happened with that piece of cake enclosure.
Got some pops and flames. It would be cool, if you're not in your own bathroom.  :D

Sir_Ian

Here is the phase 45 I built my brother for christmas....I metal stamped the letters...and everything on the inside is stock.

And these are by far, my cleanest guts yet. No rats nest.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Sir_Ian

Ok, This is a bass overdrive designed by this forum's own mnordbye. So first off, I'd just like to thank him. I put this in a plastic enclosure and shielded it with aluminum tape. The right pedal is the gain, so if you press it down, it gets louder....this can be used for a nice vibrato effect. I prefer driving it real hard before, however, that way theres not much of a volume increase and just a increase in distortion. The left pedal is just a SWTC (stupidly wonderful tone control). If you press it down, it cuts out some treble. I don't really like the left pedal and just put it in to use it up. I'm gonna put something different in later, maybe a lil simple octave fuzz. (I think I'll use the pot to turn off and on jfets or something. I ain't too smart at this, but I'll figure it out).

There are two white knobs on the outside. One is volume. The other is something kinda cool. Its a pot hooked up in parrallel with the pot in the right pedal (the gain). The white knob sets the start point for the gain. I can go from low gain to high, from medium to high, from high to just a wee bit higher. This also allows me to just use the pedal like a standard stompbox. If I turn the white knob all the way up, its basically like I have the gain all the way up without pressing it down.

The schematic calls for a body control....I breadboarded, and really couldn't hear any difference with it. So I just used a fix resistor with that. So here are the pics. This inside one is kinda fuzzy, and the reflective foil made it hard to get a good picture. If I flashed its all flashy, and with no flash its dark...sorry bout this.

Sir_Ian

Ok, this is the last pedal I'm posting (till I finish the one drying in the garage). Its my green ringer. Really fun pedal, especially when in front of a big muff. I have input cap switching....which I didn't hear too much of a difference...so I'm either going to put in a different cap or, put in another little cicuit and use the switch to turn it on. I was thinking it'd be fun to put a even simpler octave up in front of it and see if I can get two octaves up. I don't know how well it will work in practice...I'm gonna breadboard it first.

The flast hit the switch in this pic just perfect. It'd be sweet if the switch really glowed like a halo as it appears to in the picture.

Not the neatest gut shot....It was looking at how messy this one is that inspired me to do better on the next one (the phase 45 posted previously).

Renegadrian

Great pedals!!! The Logitech enclosure would be sweet with a delay circuit, I believe...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

tehfunk

Quote from: Sir_Ian on January 19, 2009, 12:36:21 AM
Here is the phase 45 I built my brother for christmas....I metal stamped the letters...and everything on the inside is stock.

And these are by far, my cleanest guts yet. No rats nest.

This is very cool... you "metal stamped" the letters? please familiarize me with what you mean. Did you take a stamp and do it while the paint was wet? Whatever you did it's pretty cool. Great present.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante