News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kearns892

Quote from: free electron on February 24, 2009, 04:16:51 PM

Thank you! but never say never :) In case of this pedal i had some 125b boxes left i wanted to use, the hybrid smd/th was a necessity to pack all the features i wanted.
And i just like to work with smd.
Here's the pcb inside the box:

The box is now painted and dries.

How did you make the hole for your DC jack there. Just make a round hole and file out the bottom?

MikeH

French Impressionist Drive  :)

I etched out the cloud and lightning before painting the enclosue to give it that 3D look
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

arma61

Quote from: MikeH on February 26, 2009, 09:29:45 PM

I etched out the cloud and lightning before painting the enclosue to give it that 3D look

Cool!!! another fantastic idea !

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

free electron

Quote from: Kearns892 on February 26, 2009, 04:51:00 PM
How did you make the hole for your DC jack there. Just make a round hole and file out the bottom?
One center 8mm hole and two 3mm near the bottom corners, then file out the rest.

Dr.Pain

After all the wonderful help that I received from this site, I decided it is finally time to post my two pedals.
My first build was the tonepad layout of the Red Llama. I attempted Dragonfly's swirl technique and it went apeshit on me. Not the greatest paintjob, but I love it - it gives it character.

My second build goes by the name "Fuzzy Elephant" and I am sure that you can guess the rest.

Again, thank to everyone for the help (especially aron for creating this wonderful site).  Cheers.  :D

Auke Haarsma

SpencerPedals

Quote from: MikeH on February 26, 2009, 09:29:45 PM

THAT is intense.  Definitely my favorite hand-painted one yet. 

That elephant is great, too...in a different sort of way... ;)

Tone Searching

OK. I'll contribute to the page count. First two builds. BYOC Chorus and Leeds Fuzz. Great sounding pedals but now I'm moving away from kits and next couple of builds I will try my hand at swirl finishes.

frequencycentral

Here's my "Vintage Vibe" tube vibrato using two 7327 submini tubes. Schematic, layout and soundclip are in this thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=74262.0

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

arma61

My last build just finished today, I'm waiting for knobs coming from Hong Kong ! but couldn't wait to post it  :icon_mrgreen:

Cheers m8s
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Renegadrian

I love the SCORPIONS-IRON MAIDEN-KISS fonts!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

arma61

Quote from: Renegadrian on February 27, 2009, 01:21:23 PM
I love the SCORPIONS-IRON MAIDEN-KISS fonts!!!

thx m8 !! I like them too, got them from http://www.fontparade.com/index.php?page=theme&cat=62&site=1 (just in case!)

the first one is Megadeth font.

Armando

richard the sailor

hi guys! about the fonts.... is there something like 60's wrinting style? thanks a lot!

rackham

Quote from: richard the sailor on February 27, 2009, 02:28:30 PM
hi guys! about the fonts.... is there something like 60's wrinting style? thanks a lot!

Try dafont.com

Andi

MikeH

Quote from: arma61 on February 27, 2009, 12:04:26 PM
My last build just finished today, I'm waiting for knobs coming from Hong Kong ! but couldn't wait to post it  :icon_mrgreen:

Where did you get this enclosure?!  I love it!
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

hubble

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on February 27, 2009, 06:57:13 AM
Quote from: Dr.Pain on February 27, 2009, 03:34:34 AM

Absolutely love the colours! Nice one!

haha just had to point out the calculus book in the background!  i could never get the swirl to work, nice job

arma61

Quote from: MikeH on February 27, 2009, 04:25:46 PM

it's DIY too! it was made at the workshop of a friend of mine (his boss was out that day!!!), he just made 3 of them ! and he's also a good wood-worker, so this is completely handicraft !!

it's 3mm aluminiun bended to shape, and wooden base and sides

deaconque

Quote from: arma61 on February 27, 2009, 05:04:00 PM
Quote from: MikeH on February 27, 2009, 04:25:46 PM

it's DIY too! it was made at the workshop of a friend of mine (his boss was out that day!!!), he just made 3 of them ! and he's also a good wood-worker, so this is completely handicraft !!

it's 3mm aluminiun bended to shape, and wooden base and sides

Looks kind of Moog-ish

svstee

Same thing I was thinking. +1 on that for sure. What do you have in there?