News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elshiftos

A pretend etch :)
It was a few days after I built this that I realized I put the in/out labels in the wrong place! :(

hubble

its been a while since my last real build but ive thrown together some little things here and there just for fun, nothing boxed up though.

heres my dod 250 on breadboard, 77 grey dod 250 layout by ulysses.  nothing fancy, still gotta debug

chi_boy

Quote from: danielzink on March 01, 2009, 01:21:16 AM
Mini Yats

Dan

OK, so did you buy the LED's or roll your own?  I'm pretty confident is thinking you ground those yourself.  Nice work.  I must try that sometime.

Also, is your layout published?
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

majormono

So here's my first try on swirls... waterbowl style. In this case, a picture says more than words.

danielzink

Quote from: chi_boy on March 01, 2009, 11:40:37 PM
Quote from: danielzink on March 01, 2009, 01:21:16 AM
Mini Yats

[/img]

Dan

OK, so did you buy the LED's or roll your own?  I'm pretty confident is thinking you ground those yourself.  Nice work.  I must try that sometime.

Also, is your layout published?

Actually the LED's came with a proto kit I bought off eBay some time back. I had them filed in the junk drawer until now. They just so happened to have the correct Vf for this application.

Layout is not published yet - really it's just Deaj's YATS layout - just squeezed way down. I missed one trace on mine and had to install a tiny bridge on the pcb and haven't gotten around to updating the layout in DIYLC yet. Soon though.

Dan

railhead

Just finished this distortion for a buyer in South Africa:

Obligatory gut shot:

Thomeeque

Masterpiece! Sort of BSIAB2, isn't it?
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

railhead

Yes, it's based on the BSIABII, but I've massaged it to get it right where I like it for all my various guitars.

DWBH

That's the problem with companies. If RAILhead effects didn't exist, you could just share your mods. Since RAILhead effects does exist, you can't. :(
Damn you!, pedal companies!

;D

railhead

Heh, my massaging isn't anything out of this world -- just tweaks to the Tone stack, filtering, etc. Nothing that anyone else here doesn't already know how to do!

SpencerPedals

This is my 3rd pedal - First actual Hammond enclosure and etch:

It's not flawless but I like the way it turned out and I learned a lot (example - FeCl apparently finds some craft paints to be tasty).

StephenGiles

Picture for a stompbox - possibly a Tornado??

http://www.4shared.com/file/90338650/33cf3138/tornado.html

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

tehfunk

Quote from: railhead on March 02, 2009, 09:23:13 AM
Obligatory gut shot:

This is exactly the kind of wiring I would like to have (the neat free floating board), can you tell me the order in which you set this up? For instance, what did the wires go into first, off board and pots then soldered to board outside of box, or all to board, then to other thing outside box or inside box, etc. etc. As detailed as possible would be really appreciated, I hope it sounds as good as it looks. Thanks!
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

railhead

Quote from: tehfunk on March 02, 2009, 12:40:39 PM
Quote from: railhead on March 02, 2009, 09:23:13 AM
Obligatory gut shot:

This is exactly the kind of wiring I would like to have (the neat free floating board), can you tell me the order in which you set this up? For instance, what did the wires go into first, off board and pots then soldered to board outside of box, or all to board, then to other thing outside box or inside box, etc. etc. As detailed as possible would be really appreciated, I hope it sounds as good as it looks. Thanks!

Here's how I box stuff up:

1. Install foot switch.
2. Install DC jack.
3. Install battery clip (I tie mine around the switch).
4. Install jacks.
5. Solder switch board to switch, DC jack, and in/out jacks.
6. I wire my pots to my boards, free-floating, using really specific wire lengths depending on the pedal.
7. Wire the LED to the board.
8. I then drop the board and knobs into place, then tighten the knobs.
9. Then I wire the rest into place. I use a solid core for the output, just to add to the rigidity.

reverbie

railhead let me chime in my deflating 2 cents on your amazing build.

- white or clear wire instead of grey would really be the cherry.
My tender heart bleeds for you, idiot.

sethj

aha!  finally figured out how to get an image!

this is my fuzz face, the result of my 2nd etch ever. 

not so professional as the stuff around here -- you all are producing remarkable quality stuff!

The French connection

Quote from: sethj on March 02, 2009, 03:38:11 PM

not so professional as the stuff around here -- you all are producing remarkable quality stuff!

Good job! Awesome etch!

Welcome BTW!

Dan

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

sethj

Quote from: The French connection on March 02, 2009, 04:36:26 PM
Quote from: sethj on March 02, 2009, 03:38:11 PM

Good job! Awesome etch!

Welcome BTW!

Dan

thanks!  i've been following this forum for a while, and got inspired to try something besides the usual blank stomp boxes i make.

beans_amps

[/quote]

Looks Nice!  Dis you steal those knobs off an old Peavey?

Sean
Don't Despair - Call Bean's Amp Repair

chilecocula

My take on a sequenced wah, mostly a vanishing point 2.1 plus some features of the voice of saturn sequencer like individual on/off switches for each step, CV and trigger out, and number of steps selector

in conservative stompboxes, tone is neither created nor destroyed, but transformed