News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKowalski

Wow, dano, what on earth do you use that contraption for? Is it some weird circuit bent monstrosity or does it just play music?

dano12

Quote from: JKowalski on April 12, 2009, 11:38:45 AM
Wow, dano, what on earth do you use that contraption for? Is it some weird circuit bent monstrosity or does it just play music?

LOL, it plays cds.

fuzzo

frankenstein's monster of DIY  :D :D

it's really cool .

cloudscapes

you're a crazyman dano!  ;D

what's the model of the pushbutton on the top? I've been lookign itn orugged buttons now that I've been doing AVR stuff
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Gregory Kollins

I must ask... why?

Barcode80

Quote from: cloudscapes on April 12, 2009, 01:25:33 PM
you're a crazyman dano!  ;D

what's the model of the pushbutton on the top? I've been lookign itn orugged buttons now that I've been doing AVR stuff

you can get them at any radio shack

Quote from: Gregory Kollins on April 12, 2009, 02:37:14 PM
I must ask... why?

you must ask yourself.... why not? :)

Br4d13y

heres my second scratch build, all boxed up and completed!!!  its not the most pretty of pedals   but i love the sounds from it   thanks colin from experimentalist anonymous fro the great circuit!!!

obligatory gut shot
freedom is the freedom to say 2+2=4

dano12

Quote from: Gregory Kollins on April 12, 2009, 02:37:14 PM
I must ask... why?

1. A great way to practice design, planning and assembling using only crap I have laying around
    in my junk box.

2. Taking an existing broken 19 dollar cd player and making work again. Digging through the
    PCB traces to figure out how to splice my own controls on to it.

3. Because when people come over and see it, they ask questions. They actually get a chance
    to see some of the innards of something that is commonly hidden in some big silver slab. And
    they are invariably curious and ask questions. It puts DIY right in front of run of the mill neigbors
    who come over for beers.

14. Why not?

:)

skibum1999

hey dano, just out of curiosity, what song are you playing in the cd player video on vimeo?

thanks

Fuzzy-Train

Quote from: dano12 on April 12, 2009, 05:48:21 PM
14. Why not?

:)

This is the only answer that I needed.

Looks great!!!
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

dano12

Quote from: skibum1999 on April 12, 2009, 06:11:14 PM
hey dano, just out of curiosity, what song are you playing in the cd player video on vimeo?

thanks

One of my new favorite bands.

http://www.myspace.com/highscorehustler

kristoffereide

what's INSIDE the box? Seems like everything is on the outside. I love it! It is awesome, great dano!
Quote from: biggy boy on April 12, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek:

dano12

Quote from: kristoffereide on April 12, 2009, 06:45:32 PM
what's INSIDE the box? Seems like everything is on the outside. I love it! It is awesome, great dano!

Inside is just the "inside" part of the jacks and some wiring. The enclosure mainly serves to hold the CD player mechanism in place and buttons and stuff.

The hardest part of the project was convincing my wife to let me steal her Lucite butter dish for the base.

Valoosj

Dano you're crazy, but that why we love you  :icon_mrgreen:

on topic: refinished some older pedals and made an amp switch.

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

frokost

Quote from: dano12 on April 12, 2009, 11:43:05 AM

Haha, cool :). But how do you access the buttons? Looks a little tight.

cathexis

Thought I'd let you know what I've been up to lately! :)

My flanger adventures:

A/DA, DOD FX75B, Ultra Flanger, EH DEM, Morley Sapphire, Guyatone FL3.

LARS

trendyironicname

you're like me with a breadboard.   Half my time is spent making sure i use the perfect length wire and route it pretty.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

slacker

Quote from: trendyironicname on April 13, 2009, 12:58:20 PM
you're like me with a breadboard.   Half my time is spent making sure i use the perfect length wire and route it pretty.

You won't like this then :)

It was the prototype Echo Base.

Nice work Cathexis.

burdt

latest build: not exactly a pedal, but the intention is there.  a cmoy designed headphone amp:

been buying a ton of altoids.  the tins are a bit of a pain to drill without the proper bits.  but i was eager to box up my little amp. 
HUBRIS

trendyironicname

Quote from: slacker on April 13, 2009, 01:08:33 PM

You won't like this then :)

It was the prototype Echo Base.

Nice work Cathexis.

Oh, I like it.  I have this almost lust like affinity toward anything with electronics.  Think I'm drifting toward OCD a little though.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.