News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Quote from: Hatredman on January 23, 2015, 10:56:43 AM

Humm, the right pedal to play The Dark Side of the Moon?  :)

Very cool!
Thanks! Yeah there are some awesome deep phase sounds in this box and the switch for 5 or 6 phases gives 2 very different phase voicings!
Quote from: vigilante397 on January 23, 2015, 10:10:03 AM

Ohmygoodness I love this. Epic build. 8)
Thanks It was a lot of fun designing the graphics for this one! I'm especially proud of the Heart LEDs

glops

Quote from: lars-musik on January 22, 2015, 06:29:26 AM
This looks very nice, Luke. I like multi-fx!

That reminds me: I never presented the "thing" I actually use. I finished it as my first build two years ago.

It consists of
Tuner Korg-DT-10 (non DIY and doubling as buffer) -> Snow White Auto Wah -> Noomerang Wah -> ISP Decimator  Loop Start -> Orange Squeezer  –>  ROG Professor Tweed -> Send/Return-Loop -> Blues Driver -> RG Keens LoFi Telephone -> ROG English Channel ->  ISP Decimator Loop End -> Tremulus Lune -> Rebote 2.5 -> ,,Das Lineal"  (a Musikding kit, this is the one that initially got me started with this nonsense) -> Ross Phaser -> Slow Gear SG-1 with Red Llama -> Output
There are some buttons that were meant to control the Boss RC-2 but I relocated them to the looper some time ago, so these are obsolete now.

The guts look quite, hmm, improvable (improvised?). I really like to think, that I'd be able to do it better after two years of soldering but I am not sure. Maybe a power and a ground bus would have been a good idea.

But it does work and I still like it.

Had to quote the whole shebang, LORD ALMIGHTY! Yes!

bloxstompboxes

OK, I know I said I wouldn't try to recreate this but I liked how the first one turned out so I thought I would give it another go. Made the Engineer's Thumb. My artistic ability is very lacking so we have the thumbprint again. However, I thought it would be cool to try for a controlled fire and see what would happen. Spruce green paint, fire, and a clear coat. Pics don't do it justice. Some of it looks like a bit of a marble effect.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

Luke51411

Cool! So you spray the clear coat on and light it while it's wet?

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: Luke51411 on January 24, 2015, 10:22:40 PM
Cool! So you spray the clear coat on and light it while it's wet?

Pretty much. Sprayed it and the pan with with clear coat. Less spray on the top of the pedal since I didn't want to mess up the decal too much. Applied more around the sides and then light her up.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

duck_arse

the hendrix approach? I knew a bloke poured vanilla essence on his strat on stage, set it on fire AND had a drink.
"Bring on the nonsense".

italianguy63

Quote from: duck_arse on January 25, 2015, 09:17:46 AM
poured vanilla essence

I hope that doesn't come from "Vanilla Ice" -- yucky.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

storyboardist

Here's the last couple I've built.

This one's a Maestro FZ-1s clone. Built the box from some red oak and the top is cut from the case of an old busted rack power amp.

This one's a digital reverb using a Belton brick. Could have used a much smaller enclosure, but I had this one on hand. Black textured finish with more red oak.

bloxstompboxes

Sweet! I like the wood look. Has a classic and simple yet dressy appeal to it.

bluebunny

+1

Yep, the wood looks great.  :)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

8)Yeah very nice...kind of moogy...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

GGBB

Quote from: deadastronaut on January 14, 2015, 11:00:21 AM

A little late to the party on this (haven't visited this thread in a while), but all I can say about this is DAMN!!!! And I don't use that word lightly.
  • SUPPORTER

storyboardist

Thanks guys!

Quote from: deadastronaut on January 28, 2015, 05:07:12 AM
kind of moogy...

Yeah, the first one was definitely Moog inspired. 2nd one kinda is inverted of the 1st one. haha

Pettol

cloudscapes

video may take a couple weeks, since I want to tweak the firmware first (still haven't programmed tap tempo)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

bloxstompboxes

Cloud, you need more knobs on there damn it. lol.

Luke51411

Quote from: cloudscapes on January 28, 2015, 07:59:21 PM
video may take a couple weeks, since I want to tweak the firmware first (still haven't programmed tap tempo)

My first thought was wow, then I looked at the guts and my second thought was wow. Excellent work.

Crowella

I don't like picking favourites out of all the pedals I see here but I set your work as the right aim for pedal designs.  ;D Not only is it glorious on the outside, it's just as much inside, right down to the well thought out engineering of the circuit switching and PCB layout. Satisfies me.  :icon_mrgreen:
Rhythm in jump, dancing close to you

vigilante397

Quote from: cloudscapes on January 28, 2015, 07:59:21 PM

There are so many things I love about this build I had to make a list:

1) THAT FINISH.
2) the way the knobs complement the finish
3) the simple perfection of the artwork
4) (correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like) LEDs mounted flush under the finish
5) the only thing cooler than an SMD pedal is a surface mount/SMD hybrid pedal
6) THAT FINISH AGAIN
7) Sonic Crayon. Enough said.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

deadastronaut

^ +1000 beauty...  8) 8) 8)

(cheers gord 8))

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//