Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Guitarpcb animal G-02 Cornish clone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diydave

Quote from: Jamdog on May 02, 2016, 01:54:46 PM
Use 3M spray adhesive and lacquer instead...

Been there and done that.
The problem with both is "solvents". It messes up the paper and the graphics.
I think the aluminum reacts to the glue. I don't have this problem with pedals that were spraypainted before applying glue.

VidSicious

jimilee

Looks like someone had a great weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hylandren

Quote from: darron on April 30, 2016, 07:45:49 PM
Amped Scrambler clone

Really nice brush finish on that enclosure, man!
Is that enclosure etched?

hylandren

Quote from: VidSicious on May 04, 2016, 10:48:05 AM

Okay, I'm intrigued.
I may be showing my ignorance, but what's is/what's in "The Best Pedal In The World"?

VidSicious

Haha forgot to put a caption! The title of this serves its purpose then. It's actually a Glorious Basstar build on vero. Too messy though, next time I'll just order a PCB from Zorg Effects

Jdansti

Quote from: diydave on May 03, 2016, 03:13:08 AM
Quote from: Jamdog on May 02, 2016, 01:54:46 PM
Use 3M spray adhesive and lacquer instead...

Been there and done that.
The problem with both is "solvents". It messes up the paper and the graphics.
I think the aluminum reacts to the glue. I don't have this problem with pedals that were spraypainted before applying glue.

I've had great success using photo paper and gluing it to the enclosure with Loctite Go2 Glue. I apply the glue in a smooth even coat using a piece of card board as a spatula. After gluing, I coat the image and box with spray-on clear glossy lacquer. I sometimes follow up with Envirotex pour-on epoxy.

Some folks have had good success with self adhesive sticker or photo stock.

You need to remove the oxidation and any oils from the aluminum before gluing. Sand with 100 to 200 grit sandpaper and wash with dish soap. Dry well and end by wiping with alcohol to thoroughly dry.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

darron

Those are some crazy works there VidSicious!!

Quote from: hylandren on May 04, 2016, 12:40:37 PM
Quote from: darron on April 30, 2016, 07:45:49 PM
Amped Scrambler clone

Really nice brush finish on that enclosure, man!
Is that enclosure etched?

Thanks. just hit it with the belt for a bit. I figure brushing gives a bit more contrast against the black than greyish cast aluminium. It's actually powder coating that's lasered down to the metal and then clear powder on top. It looks a lot like an acid etch, except it doesn't recess into the metal... so... inverted i guess lol :)

wanted to share this TS10 somebody wanted me to build. they gave me the image, no doubt stolen from google image search.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

VidSicious

Thanks Darron! I still need to work on my finish techniques but I'm getting there slowly.

Quote from: darron on May 04, 2016, 07:46:06 PM

How the hell did you manage to get that wood finish though?!

darron

Quote from: VidSicious on May 04, 2016, 08:09:55 PM
Thanks Darron! I still need to work on my finish techniques but I'm getting there slowly.

How the hell did you manage to get that wood finish though?!

they are all unique which is great.

it's a wooden plate on the top. the enclosure is a brown which conveniently matches well. like everything i do, it's laser engraved/cut :)
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

apollomusicservice

OK not pedal effect but something that feeds pedals. Power supply with isolated outputs with power rating 50VA in total.

jmwreck

you guys done a great job :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BaronWilhelm

Just finished a dual overdrive for a friend, probably my best work to date :)

VidSicious

^^ wow this looks gorgeous from the outside! Is that an etch or a decal? I love that you made the in/out jacks separate. I was thinking of building a multi fx pedal with a small patch bay to hook things internal together in any way you wanna (probably 3.5mm). Would it be possible to get a gutshot?

Ben Lyman

Quote from: Hatredman on April 26, 2016, 02:03:51 PM
Not the right topic, but any soundclips?

What are de differences between this and the previous one?
I just posted a vid in the demo vid category. Pretty much a regular OD/distortion but I really like it a lot
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=84608.msg1057647#msg1057647
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

feddozz

Skreddy lunar module deluxe, with pots mounted dirextly  on vero.

And "dog balls on your face"...

idiot savant

Haven't had very much time to build stuff lately, but I did recently finish two projects I've had for a bit.

On the left is a dynamic gate/vca made with a low voltage pentode.
It's one of those car radio tubes from the 50's. So the whole thing runs on 12v. It's got a series effects loop, internal envelope follower, and external CV input capable of interfacing with modular synths. Knobs from top to bottom are: output level, pre-loop level, CV offset/initial gain, and sensitivity. Pretty fun. You can dial it in so that the gate opens whilst playing, and fades to fully closed as you stop. Perfect for silencing annoying oscillating fuzzes and whatnot. You can also just use it as a boost or light overdrive. You can pump CV from synths, LFOs, or whatever into it and use it as a VCA too. There are some limitations, but it's surprisingly clean. I had to use a few tricks to keep it as linear as possible, but it works pretty well, and has good noise performance.

On the right is my updated envelope controlled Korg MS20 filter clone. Big juicy sweep. Fun filter. It does LP, HP, and notch filtering, and will sweep up or down. Knobs are: Input level, output level and CV level. Those are the little knobs. The big ones are: Cutoff, resonance, then sensitivity, attack, and decay. Switches are: up/down sweep, and LP/HP/BR filter select. It's a pretty faithful MS20 clone, I added input and output amps, and the envelope follower. I have it running on 18v, and split internally to +9, GND, -9. It'll work at synth level voltages as well. It's got a single CV input for cutoff frequency. I added a trimmer to to control maximum resonance, because when this sucker sings, it gets LOUD!  Envelope filters are probably my favorite effect. I'll probably try doing a Steiner VCF stompbox for my next filter.

Both are in 1590J boxes, so just a smidge bigger than the "BB" style boxes, but more room for jacks. I'm not much for aesthetics, so I go for the Spinal Tap "none more black" look most of the time. It matches my soul.  :icon_lol:

Here's a gut shot of the tube VCA:

skullservant

That's some excellent clean work. I really dig your tube stuff.

This is one I just finished for myself, after a weekend of frustration and debugging builds I threw together this Soda Meiser on pad-per-hole because point to point is relaxing.

motvej

mxr dist+
battery does not fit into the enclosure...