News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KSG

Hello, guys! Here is my FET X-amp overdrive with 5 stages of gain and attenuation (for best sound):

guts:

schematic:

[img=http://s20.postimg.org/53yiboix9/image_14_09_15_00_05_4.jpg]

Use it or lose it.

feddozz

Quote from: KSG on May 09, 2016, 01:09:20 AM
Hello, guys! Here is my FET X-amp overdrive with 5 stages of gain and attenuation (for best sound):
SMD? Hats off!
Hi could you please give us a sound clip of this?
And "dog balls on your face"...

hylandren

Quote from: skullservant on May 07, 2016, 10:35:49 PM

Is that a freehand dremel etch?
If so, you have some art skills!

skullservant

Yeah, freehand. I didn't draw anything out, I was honestly not sure what I was going to do starting out so I just went with it. Thanks very much  ;D The 4 year art degree must've paid off!!

kaycee

Clone of the Boss FA 1 Fet amp, on vero from the tagboard layout.

Coloursound Tremolo, same source.

Jumbo Tonebender/Supa Tonebender, own vero.

Dynacomp with Jangle mod from Harald Sabro layout.

Benoi31

A tap tempo tremolo I designed :

The mini switch allow to change between classic true bypass or "temporary bypass" (effect is on while you press the switch only), which is nice to use the square waves for instance.

Next, there are 6 potentiometers (many options!). From left to right, top to bottom:
    Depth: set the tremolo's deepness, from very subtle tremolo to huge choppy tremolo!
    Rate: speed of the tremolo
    Symmetry: changes the waveform, by modifying its duty cycle.
    Waveform: 6-way rotary switch to choose the waveform: square, random, sweep, triangle, sin or "ramp up" waveform
    Volume: can boost a bit the output signal
    Tempo subdivision switch: set the ratio between the tapping or rate knob and the rhythm of the tremolo 2:1 (the tremolo is twice slowler), 1:1 (same speed as tapping), 1:1,5, 1:2, 1:3 et 1:4!

I really love it, and it is on my board now
I had a troubles with noises (ticking LFO noise, very annoying with square waves), but bypassing power supply 100R resistors and adding a huge 470uF resistor on the other side of the board got rid of it :)

In order to use rotary switches for selecting waveforms or tempo ratios, I used a Alpha mini 1P6T rotary switch. I added 2 adaptor boards so it fit perfectly ! (you can also see the vactrol)

Overall, I am very satisfied with it. it was very complex, but also very rewarding ! Moreover, it sounds very good and can do plenty of different stuff, from vintage tremolo with sin wave, to choppy Rage against the machine music bits, I really love it! The random waveform is also quite interesting and is very nice combined with a delay at the same tempo.

A big thank to everyone who helped me in the process, from Tom (Electric Druid), David Rolo and other forum members!

I wrote an article on my blog if you want to read a bit more about it: http://www.coda-effects.com/2016/05/tap-tempo-tremolo-diy-complex-project.html

skullservant

That trem looks killer!

Here's my latest. Harmonic Percolator on tagstrip with some NOS Sylvania 1n60's.

Cozybuilder

Skull- That's a very nice tribute/retro pedal!
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

skullservant

Hey thanks! I had fun putting it together, and super minimal is something I've wanted to try for a while.

Here's tonights build. EQD Speaker Cranker stuffed into an old Walco Bass/Treble Expander box.

Really digging the circuit. I've found that I've been leaving it on a lot after getting it boxed up. Just gives a little extra edge.

duck_arse

that percolator is some nice bending, skull. (does the footswitch have any reinforcings under the lid?)
granny at the G next satdy eh.

Benoi31

Quote from: skullservant on May 14, 2016, 12:43:34 AM
Hey thanks! I had fun putting it together, and super minimal is something I've wanted to try for a while.

Here's tonights build. EQD Speaker Cranker stuffed into an old Walco Bass/Treble Expander box.

Really digging the circuit. I've found that I've been leaving it on a lot after getting it boxed up. Just gives a little extra edge.

Where did you find this Davies knob in brown ?
I am looking for some like these for a very original circuit with a lot of transparency and unicorn tears diodes (if you know what I mean), and I could not find any of these !

Looks great with a blue enclosure though!

mikeford

mikeford

mikeford

into the unknown guitar synth,
This was a real bugaboo to cram into this Small Bear case.Whew!

mikeford

AND............ A fuzz face clone with two matched late 1950s' transistors.
The knobs were NOS Alcos from Texas surplus. Hammond trapezoid case

mikeford

ElectroHarmonix uvivibed small stone. Knobs courtesy a set of derelict sewing machines. The UFO indicator is some NOS RatRod panel lamp.

skullservant

Quote from: duck_arse on May 14, 2016, 11:17:18 AM
that percolator is some nice bending, skull. (does the footswitch have any reinforcings under the lid?)

Thanks! It's got some lock washers under the lid along with some white washers too

Quote from: Benoi31 on May 14, 2016, 12:08:47 PM

Where did you find this Davies knob in brown ?
I am looking for some like these for a very original circuit with a lot of transparency and unicorn tears diodes (if you know what I mean), and I could not find any of these !

Looks great with a blue enclosure though!

Found them at SmallBear, I have some on my Klone as well!

3102xxx

One knob(blue),Fuzz face(orange),Hyperion(green).

Cozybuilder

XXX- those are great! Can't wait to see your pedalboard.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Gargaman

Got to work my calligraphy a lot!

"My profile pic was stolen!"