News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thermionix

And to make Darron's work look even better...my second Rat build with the Madbean Runt PCB.  This one is for a good buddy of mine.  He's like me and not too concerned about graphics and whatnot.  He'll figure out what the knobs do.

Plexi

Silicon Fuzz Face w/bias

Fuzzrite + Speaker Cranker (great combo)

To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

thermionix

Plexi

Quote from: thermionix on January 22, 2017, 02:46:23 PM
Depht?

:icon_redface:
"depth"... typo error

EDITED  ;D

duck_arse

you would have had to relabel the whole thing .......
"Bring on the nonsense".

Plexi

Quote from: duck_arse on January 23, 2017, 08:19:15 AM

you would have had to relabel the whole thing .......

Nope; I'll paint it  :icon_wink:

royzbluz

My first 100% complete build (Ive got several in progress) This is an os mutantes(hence the alien mutant thingie) from 3pdt and it sounds great.Ive gotta few more kits to finish up and then gonna go for some popular cicuits that aren't in kit form[emoji5]

cloudscapes

Version 2 of this delay I designed+built two years ago.

I redesigned about two-thirds of the hardware, but the software (the hard part) is mostly the same. The original had like almost twice as many parts, the board was a ridiculous amount of work to populate! Some of the parts were acting as glue-logic that helped the micro do its job, now I do that part entirely in code. Also greatly simplified the analog pathing, because now I know better how to achieve the same result. The original also had some bugs in the hardware.

This simplifies assembly to the point where I might feel comfortable building a few, assuming this prototype runs well over the next few months.

Ugly bodge wires and stuff. Accidentally grounded a pin not meant to be grounded in the design of the PCB, had to cut tha ttrace and wire it up manually. Also mis-traced the range switch slightly, and forgot a resistor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

duck_arse

Quote from: royzbluz on January 23, 2017, 08:33:59 PM

My first 100% complete build (Ive got several in progress) This is an os mutantes(hence the alien mutant thingie) from 3pdt and it sounds great.Ive gotta few more kits to finish up and then gonna go for some popular cicuits that aren't in kit form[emoji5]

royz - your images don't show here - each of you URL's start with "https:....". you need to remove the "s" so's we can see the lovely paint colours.
"Bring on the nonsense".

royzbluz

royzbluz

Quote from: duck_arse on January 24, 2017, 08:26:35 AM

royz - your images don't show here - each of you URL's start with "https:....". you need to remove the "s" so's we can see the lovely paint colours.
Had no idea thanks

royzbluz

ElectricDruid

Quote from: cloudscapes on January 23, 2017, 10:57:54 PM

Lovely work! I especially appreciate the almost total lack of internal wiring! I hate wiring, and it's a reliability nightmare.

Where do you get those nice big chrome washers for the momentary stompswitches? I've been looking for something like that for ages!

Thanks,
Tom

Galego

(...)

You make the coolest looking pedals out of everyone here IMHO.

Why do you still use through hole resistors? You are obviously ok with smd, with such small pitch packages, why not do everything in smd?

Galego

Quote from: ElectricDruid on January 24, 2017, 02:30:59 PM

Lovely work! I especially appreciate the almost total lack of internal wiring! I hate wiring, and it's a reliability nightmare.

Where do you get those nice big chrome washers for the momentary stompswitches? I've been looking for something like that for ages!

Thanks,
Tom

Alpha 3PDT footswitches come with metal washers.

darron

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

garcho

CLOUDSCAPES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Etienne, fantastic work, bravo!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

darron

Quote from: Jdansti on January 24, 2017, 11:00:39 PM
Quote from: darron on January 24, 2017, 04:50:17 PM
Quote from: thermionix on January 24, 2017, 04:27:53 PM
Quote from: ElectricDruid on January 24, 2017, 02:30:59 PM
Where do you get those nice big chrome washers for the momentary stompswitches?

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/flat-washer-for-stomp-switches/

i love small bear, but i wish they stocked thinner washers like these: http://www.bitcheslovemyswitches.com/#!/Metal-Footswitch-Washer-BAG-OF-10/p/26629491/category=5027572

I think this is the same. No?
http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/flat-washer-for-stomp-switches/

not quite. it's much much wider and comes out way past the nut further than it needs to. the ones in the link dress much nicer and don't look like an auto part.

small bear also have a split zinc washer which looks a bit nicer. the ID size isn't perfect, it's fiddly to align perfectly but i used them for years.

would be nice to take an A/B photo but i don't have any small bear ones left. small bear stock the best stuff in the world, high quality, right price. but maybe it would be nice to upgrade that guys :)
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!