SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJr

Quote from: mth5044 on February 22, 2017, 08:16:11 PM

Nice. How'd you do the lettering?

Hi, mate. I used transparent waterslide decals. First I gave him a coat of varnish, applied the decals, then applied another coat of varnish to set. I loved the result.

Kipper4

Quote from: bean on February 27, 2017, 09:15:01 AM
It's a Theremin with dry-through. Some issues to work out on this but it's fun to play. The box was done with Aluminum Black which is messy to work with but much easier than painting enclosures.

Nice work Bean.
Have you any published docs for it please?
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

bean

Quote from: Kipper4 on March 02, 2017, 08:29:29 PM
Quote from: bean on February 27, 2017, 09:15:01 AM
It's a Theremin with dry-through. Some issues to work out on this but it's fun to play. The box was done with Aluminum Black which is messy to work with but much easier than painting enclosures.

Nice work Bean.
Have you any published docs for it please?

Thx. It's not quite ready yet but I will when it's done. It's very straight-forward.

Squirrel Murphy

Two Dallas Rangemasters I just built. I posted to the regular forum in a troubleshooting thread, but I'm also posting here because these are my first two stick-built, 100% completed, painted, graphic'd, signed, dated, and closed-up pedals.... so I'm a little proud.

Had some waterslide issues (skipping & smearing with the printer, and rippling after drying)... hoping it will add to a vintage feel after some time.

First the Magnus designed circuit:

Gut shot:

Second one is a clone using the original circuit design as per Tagboardeffects. I modeled the finish after the original in terms of face color, font, and labels.

runmikeyrun

Decided to take the BYOC bait, lol.  Aside from having to read the resistor color codes with a microscope I was very impressed.  Sounds very nice. 

Ham fisting my way through one build to the next since 2003. 
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

runmikeyrun

Cloned a '75 Big Muff, so a throwback to the 70s was necessary.  The blue powder is not done justice by the photo; absolutely beautiful job by pedal parts plus.  Circuit sounds great too.  I added switchable diode clipping to each section, with a twist that I can select the order of the sections.  There definitely is a difference.

Ham fisting my way through one build to the next since 2003. 
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

thermionix

"I customized it myself!"

pgorey

Just finished my first Octavia clone.  Tycobrahe version.  This one only has the octave on / off toggle but the second version I'm currently building has a pre-gain mod to dial in the input / octave a little better.  I normally do waterslide decals that are sealed with acrylic but i was impatient to wait for my next batch and got some inkjet window decals from Staples.  They hold up and print well via color laser-printer at work much better than my inkjet at home.  Had some bubbles on this likely because an uneven clear coat on the face of the enclosure since I sanded off the blue powder coat to have a two toned look.  Next build will look better.  Graphics are an homage to lots of hours spent playing Super Smash Bros.  Since this pedal is for a friend, I used his main character, Marth, for this design. 

http://imgur.com/a/qXTwP

lars-musik

I am so proud of this one that I'll post it here as well as in the "Etched Enclosures" section. It is a Lovetone Big Cheese Clone. 1590B enclosure, reverse etched, fabbed PCB.

duck_arse

lars - that takes the biscuit.
"Bring on the nonsense".

GiovannyS10

Quote from: lars-musik on March 08, 2017, 06:21:07 AM
I am so proud of this one that I'll post it here as well as in the "Etched Enclosures" section. It is a Lovetone Big Cheese Clone. 1590B enclosure, reverse etched, fabbed PCB.

Hey Lars! Your building seems awesome! Like me...  8) Hahaha
Used you photosensitive paint for do it or was only toner?
Pretty great!
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

lars-musik

Quote from: GiovannyS10 on March 08, 2017, 03:23:57 PM
Your building seems awesome! Like me... 

Ha. Thanks! That makes me a bit proud.

Quote from: GiovannyS10 on March 08, 2017, 03:23:57 PM
Used you photosensitive paint for do it or was only toner?
On and off I use toner transfer or KONTAKT POSITIV 20.

This time it was only toner transfer but I baked it in the oven at 250° C for half an hour after the transfer. I have no idea if that makes a difference.

I read not long ago that the quality of the enclosure's aluminum might have something to do with the quality of the etch. I have no idea if this is true. But if it is: this was a 1590B from musikding.de

pgorey

Another Octa Falchion finished last night:

http://imgur.com/a/hQ7cR

Marcos - Munky

First one of 2017. Finished this one exactly two weeks ago, but forgot to post pictures :icon_redface:. It's the great Vulcan Overdrive by Joe Davisson.

I still didn't found a way to do a bottom lid for those sardine cans. Any suggestion?

rutabaga bob

I suppose it depends on whether you will need to access the inside again.  You could cut and shape a piece of metal or hard plastic and super-glue it in place, or use some small L-brackets that would screw to both the side of the can and the new bottom plate.  I think Small Bear has these...you could look at them to get the idea.
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

Marcos - Munky

Cut a piece of metal or hard plastic and super-glue it in place is fine to me. I can use hot glue instead of super glue, so I can remove the glue if I ever need to open it again. I just don't know how to cut the piece of metal in the exact shape, since I don't have the right tools :icon_lol:.

rutabaga bob

Hacksaw and file, or find someone who works with sheet metal to help.
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

Plexi

What a great jobs over here!
Love that powder coat, runmikeyrun!

I would like to know more about paint and graphics.. :icon_rolleyes:
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: rutabaga bob on March 10, 2017, 03:51:24 PM
Hacksaw and file, or find someone who works with sheet metal to help.

Thanks fot the suggestion. I'll try to get a piece of hard plastic to try it, then I'll try with a piece of metal.