News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cozybuilder

Trace on paper, cut it out, trim to fit just right inside the lip, then use that as your pattern for your hard bottom. If you use plastic, you can aim the LED at it and have a nice lightplate. Hot glue should work fine for holding it in place.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Marcos - Munky

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a friend which works with acrylic, I'll see if I can get some spare cuts to make the bottom lid. So it will work as a lightplate and a kind of window to see the interior of the box.

duck_arse

brackets, Marcos, brackets! bend some L and or U shaped brackets, drill a footswitch sized hole in one, drill an L pair to fit under your in/out jacks (or DC jack (or the pots)), and put those other parts to doing some work. that way you don't have screw-heads messing your sleek lines.

a block of wood the right thickness, some clamps and a hammer, sheet metal from an old PC tower case. cut, bend, drill, tap some screw holes for the light/base-plate, and bob's yer unkle.
"Bring on the nonsense".

Marcos - Munky

Thanks for the suggestions, Stephen. I didn't thought about brackets. I will try with the next one, since this one was made in a way it's hard to take it apart - I used cheap jacks for this one, and add a little drop of super glue between them and the enclosure :icon_lol:, and to remove the dc jack and switch I need to desolder all the wires.

kind_shepherd

My Tone Bender MKII based pedals on russian military 1T308V transistors.

duck_arse

those are nice and clean looking builds, kind_shepherd. and welcome to the forum.
"Bring on the nonsense".

rutabaga bob

Very nice!  Welcome!
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

Kingmafw

Very well made and clean build kind_shepherd. Like it very much!
What HFE did you use?

I still got 100 pcs of these Russian Transistors.
it is mei sizzen net to dwaen

Johannes Harald Kingma - FWS Pedals - Germany

kind_shepherd

Thanks guys!

hfe are 74, 85, 88 +-2
That seems best for me. But amost anything bethween 70 and 110 is well. More hfe - brighter sound.
Here's some funny demo

Benoi31

Love these tonerbenders! Really sharp and neat looking.

Zilla

I don't remember if i've ever posted in this thread before  :o

some of my recent builds:

Arcadiator

Blueberry Bass OD

Sansamp BDDI

Clone Theory

2-channel Diefet

pt2399 echo with modulation

Custom op amp muff with lpb and all sorts of other mods

Another op-amp muff with footswitchable mid boost

Dr. Boogie

Sweet Jesus Fuzz - modified Baldwin Burns Buzzaround with a Baxandall EQ

Soldano X88r preamp simulator

Elijah-Baley

Really great pedals!
I see the 2-Channel Diefet.
Quote from: Zilla on March 17, 2017, 01:41:45 PM
2-channel Diefet

I often wonder if there is some (easy) way to do what you did with any pedals: two channels with separated gain and volume.
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

Zilla

I'm sure there are ways.... whether they are easy that's another question ;)

Elijah-Baley

Is your way secret or you may reveal us? :P
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»

Zilla

i bypassed the first gain stage for the "crunch" channel and changed q2 for something with slightly lower gain.

Elijah-Baley

Ok, thanks. ;)
I was thinking a way to get on the same "channel" separeted gain and volume pot for two different settings. Not very professional (or reasonable) but useful for sure.
Maybe I can open a new topic about it.

Bye!

GiovannyS10

Hey guys!
I have been a lot absent here, but its because i am working a lot. Now pics from my last two buildings ready to meet its new family...

I  hope you enjoy, guys!!!
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

duck_arse

geeze, you really are awesome, gio.
"Bring on the nonsense".

steveyraff

Customers picked the artwork for these ones so they ain't really my aesthetic designs...

King Of Clone with high gain mod to the right side, dual externalised diode toggle switches and internal presence trimmers:

Bluesbreaker and TS808 with a diode switch:
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

Kipper4

Good job Stevey. Love the paisley print artwork.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/