News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

Quote from: rankot on April 07, 2020, 03:14:48 PM
Really beautiful, Nathan! How do you paint those enclosures? Looks like some kind of metallic paint?

They're all "candy" translucent powder coat. I sand the enclosures on a belt sander to get the sanding lines then do a single coat of powder and cure in a toaster oven. Powder coating is way easier than I thought, never going back to rattle cans :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

rankot

They look really great, never had an idea that it's possible to make something like that at home! I thought that you buy those enclosures already painted. I'm really impressed!
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

Galego

Quote from: vigilante397 on April 07, 2020, 03:26:40 PM
They're all "candy" translucent powder coat. I sand the enclosures on a belt sander to get the sanding lines then do a single coat of powder and cure in a toaster oven. Powder coating is way easier than I thought, never going back to rattle cans :P

Great looking pedals :)
The difficulty is getting an even coating, with the candy colors you can get different shades of the color if it's not even... But for opaque colors it's really easy.

rankot:
You can do it at home, but the oven shouldn't be in a living area, the gases are really nasty. I do it in my shed and use a respirator both for spraying and while the oven is running.

vigilante397

Quote from: Galego on April 08, 2020, 03:41:40 PM
The difficulty is getting an even coating, with the candy colors you can get different shades of the color if it's not even... But for opaque colors it's really easy.

rankot:
You can do it at home, but the oven shouldn't be in a living area, the gases are really nasty. I do it in my shed and use a respirator both for spraying and while the oven is running.

Agreed and agreed. I have a thrift store toaster oven I had been using to cure spraypainted enclosures that stays outside under a covered patio. For bigger stuff (recently powder coated the hardware on my drumset :) ) I take my coating setup to work and use an industrial drying oven.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Here's the first one from the Easter break - Rick's "Stasis Leak" delay/chorus/reverb:

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Kipper4

Very neat mate @Marc
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

patrick398

Quote from: bluebunny on April 10, 2020, 01:06:27 PM
Here's the first one from the Easter break - Rick's "Stasis Leak" delay/chorus/reverb:

You win!

bluebunny

Thanks, Patrick.  I need a leak.

(TMI, right?  ;D)
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

Promised to build this for a mate 6 years ago. Now I can't go out to post it. Another 6 years?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

rankot

Shin-Ei FY-2 Companion Fuzz:

My 50th completely working and finished pedal!
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

stallik

Lovely Ranko, perfect apart from the white plastic washer ;) hate them.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bluebunny

I can cope with the white plastic washer, but the visible locking nut disturbs me.   ;)
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Number two this weekend is the "Enpsophbe 2.1" by the inimitable duckpops!

Judging by the spaghetti, there is no shortage of pasta in the bunny household...  :icon_rolleyes:
  • SUPPORTER

rankot

Quote from: bluebunny on April 11, 2020, 12:11:59 PM
I can cope with the white plastic washer, but the visible locking nut disturbs me.   ;)

I really hate putting pedals into enclosures, so sometimes I simply forget to put washer inside, then I put it outside. Same for the locking nut. However, I don't know what's the purpose of the plastic washer, I'd rather have metal one outside, so it can protect enclosure from scratching while I tighten the nut.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

stallik

On my last Tayda order, I added some of their black stompswitches which were a little more expensive. They come with a nice thin metal washer and NO white one. They also solder really quickly

rockola

Quote from: stallik on April 11, 2020, 12:09:28 PM
Lovely Ranko, perfect apart from the white plastic washer ;) hate them.

I bought a bunch of transparent plastic washers from eBay, they look a lot nicer.

snarblinge

These enclosures could do with a repaint, but I cant be bothred right now, must remember not to buy road marking paint, and leave enclosures sitting around the house for years, where children and time can have their effects.

not a fan of the rotary switch, so remapped to toggles. Bought the trimpots years ago, will keep getting them for internal adjustment, they are stunning. Although overkill for this ramp up / down effect.

also big shout out to 1776 for having slightly larger holes for input etc. my stock of old wire fit perfect.

Over all really happy with Isolation build One and two.
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

Etrondelamour

Here is my take on the life pedal.

I added Mark Hammer mods selectable with dipswitch.
I also added à mosfet / germanium clipping section on the rotary switch. Various options can be selected with the straps (assymetrique / symetric / mosfet /germanium / germanium - mosfet mixed...)

rankot

Dreamtime delay by Deadastronaut, thanks Rob!

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

Fender3D

Quote from: Etrondelamour on April 12, 2020, 04:57:26 AM

Nice graph...

You could post it on facebook asking "How many total triangles are there?"  :icon_mrgreen:

Nice layout too BTW
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge