News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricDruid

Quote from: Leston Braun on June 25, 2021, 07:54:10 AM
Long time no updates! Pedalbuilding has seen quiet times in the past years, but during covid having time in the shed has seen much increase in building things and stuff, also pedals!

I see them all.

Nice work, and nice to see someone actually including the option for batteries! I've pretty much given up in my own designs, I have to say. It's perhaps a bit lazy of me, since in the past I was very focussed on that, and always trying to tweak a circuit to reduce the current draw to extend the battery life. Now, I don't even put a battery clip in and don't bother worrying about the current.

So well done to those that do!!

MadJr

Invader Fuzz. Made this with a friend! The circuit is basically a mix between the topology of a germanium Fuzz Face with a Big Muff, so it's a hybrid fuzz. The artwork was drawn on Paint (yes) and screenprinted by me. We designed the enclosure and had it manufactured in a metal fab shop and Powder  painting finish. The germanium transistors are low gain  D30(japanese NOS) and the si is MPSA18.

Demo here:

rankot

Great looking pedal!

And the sound and demo are great too!
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

amptramp

@MadJr love the germanium transistor cases that look like "War of the Worlds" invaders.  Great artwork!

MadJr

Thank you guys!  :)

Marcos - Munky

By seeing just a single word (Ferri) on MadJr's pedal, I immediately recognized him. Some time ago he had another account here under a different username and with some amazing builds, but unfortunally those pictures aren't online anymore.

Bem vindo de volta, Ferri. Legal ver que você ainda faz pedais. E a qualidade está bem alta, está de parabéns.

Tethinhas

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on July 01, 2021, 10:47:04 PM
By seeing just a single word (Ferri) on MadJr's pedal, I immediately recognized him. Some time ago he had another account here under a different username and with some amazing builds, but unfortunally those pictures aren't online anymore.

Bem vindo de volta, Ferri. Legal ver que você ainda faz pedais. E a qualidade está bem alta, está de parabéns.

Marcos, nem sei o que dizer. Seu comentário foi tão legal que me fez logar aqui depois de anos pra te responder! Muito obrigado e, vou escrever abaixo em inglês, para que todos possam entender!

Thank you for the compliments, the INVADER FUZZ is a collab with my friend MadJr! And good memory, I posted my pedals here about 4 years ago, but it wasn't a very good experience... I love photography and I always try to take nice photos of my pedals. Some users interpreted it as if I was a brand trying to increase my sales and made some 'harsh' comments. At that time, 90% of what I produced was for my own use and I did not consider selling it outside Brazil.

Anyway, I've been making pedals ever since and trying to improve the level whenever possible! I'm glad you liked it :)

I'll leave some new photos below, and whoever wants to see more, I usually post on @ferricustomfx. Hugs from Brazil!

Handmade Custom Effects, Photography, Music, Arch, Videogames and Randomness. Oh, and aliens.

https://www.instagram.com/ferricustomfx/

BJM

Quote from: vigilante397 on June 21, 2021, 03:27:30 PM
A good note, and certainly one I try to follow on my 125B builds where the enclosure is taller, but on a 1590BB I feel like I don't have enough vertical room to play and definitely err on the side of caution. I also try to leave as much room as is reasonably possible at the top so customers that want to swap their tubes have more room to get fingers in.

Maybe you haven't seen them but Hammond also has taller 1590BB enclosures, the BB2 and BBS (38 and 42 mm).

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: Tethinhas on July 01, 2021, 11:30:53 PM
Nice idea! What's inside of them? A friend once suggested me to build an amp inside a VHS player, it would be fun to see peoples' faces when you put a VHS player on stage and plug your guitar on it.

duck_arse

here see the little black II, so named cause I already bilt the little black. it is a rangemaster-alike, with Toshiba germ, [full-range] cap switch, millenium bypass. oh, and it's all vinyl covered. don't look at the corners.

there's guts and stuff here in the bukket:
https://imgur.com/a/wGmkoAa
Katy who? what footie?

Phend

Looks like it is covered with Sea Croc skin.
Cool build with the "log pile" (I think) design.
  • SUPPORTER+
Do you know what you're doing?

davent

Quote from: duck_arse on July 09, 2021, 10:16:32 AM
here see the little black II, so named cause I already bilt the little black. it is a rangemaster-alike, with Toshiba germ, [full-range] cap switch, millenium bypass. oh, and it's all vinyl covered. don't look at the corners.

Nice one Stephen, felt washer under the knob?
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

duck_arse

not a washer, but glued to knob. I think you are the first to ever comment - I do it on every build, I think. thanks.

all that vinyl is just stuff the bloke sends me as packing in other things. so I annoy him by using it on or in builds, then selling it back to him.
Katy who? what footie?

bluebunny

Sweet, Mr. A.  Is that a locking washer I see on the outside?   ???

BTW, extra points for the innards.  You should have posted them, rather than make me go wandering...  (Though it was worth the journey.)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

nice build ducky...nice touch with the felt washer thingy...sets it off , cool.  8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

davent

Quote from: duck_arse on July 09, 2021, 11:27:39 AM
not a washer, but glued to knob. I think you are the first to ever comment - I do it on every build, I think. thanks.

all that vinyl is just stuff the bloke sends me as packing in other things. so I annoy him by using it on or in builds, then selling it back to him.

Have you always used a contrasting colour for that, first time i've noticed on one your builds, looks good! I've cut washers from black felt to fill the visual gap under small low profile knobs and for spacers to keep deep knobs from rubbing the enclosure top.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

bluebunny

It's a nice touch.  I think I may have to go a-hunting on the 'Bay...
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

Quote from: bluebunny on July 09, 2021, 01:09:00 PM
Sweet, Mr. A.  Is that a locking washer I see on the outside?   ???

BTW, extra points for the innards.  You should have posted them, rather than make me go wandering...  (Though it was worth the journey.)

you are slipping, Mr bb, there is two lock washers showing. on the footswitch, the many reasons include - not enough panel space to fit the white washer - nobody likes to see the white washer - the white would mess the black - most importantly, RG sez 'it's supposed to be on the inside' - and, I'm allowed.

the 2$ shop (another journey!), craft supplies, felt squares. no need for the interwires.
Katy who? what footie?

khm9

Built a Violet Ram's Head Big Muff for my cousin! :)
The abstract ram's head logo was designed by my dad! 8)

Transistors are 2N5088.

UV printing done at Tayda.

Pictures!

amptramp

Quote from: duck_arse on July 09, 2021, 10:16:32 AM

Great use of cordwood construction inside.  Definitely a pain to repair but it looks great and fits where other methods of construction would not.