News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricDruid

Those are great! I like the Marlboro-themed booster, and the turbo booster reminds me of of a ZX80, with that coloured swish. But probably my favourite visually is the candy-colored-acid-craze of that 4046 synth pedal. Not sure it'd be my favourite sonically, since I'm not so much into that stuff, but it *looks* the whole deal!

Nice work. I hope they give you many years of reliable service!  8)

Ksander

Quote from: ElectricDruid on July 15, 2023, 04:33:06 PM
Those are great! I like the Marlboro-themed booster, and the turbo booster reminds me of of a ZX80, with that coloured swish. But probably my favourite visually is the candy-colored-acid-craze of that 4046 synth pedal. Not sure it'd be my favourite sonically, since I'm not so much into that stuff, but it *looks* the whole deal!

Nice work. I hope they give you many years of reliable service!  8)

Thanks! I'm not sure yet I like the sound of the synth either, but I also like looking at it  :icon_wink:

rustypinto

Quote from: Ksander on July 15, 2023, 03:57:38 PM
I built a few pedals now, and found a nice print service where they can print white on transparant stickers.

Very nice looking enclosures. Can you share who did the printing? I'm looking to order some white back-ground sticker based labels myself.
  • SUPPORTER

Ksander

It is a Dutch company. printmetwit-dot-nl

If you're not in the Netherlands, I doubt it is economical though...

bamslam69

Not my best work.

Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

bluebunny

Quote from: bamslam69 on July 24, 2023, 09:45:50 AM
Not my best work.

Oh, I don't know...  There's something pleasingly brutalist about it?  :D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

bamslam69

Quote from: bluebunny on July 24, 2023, 11:58:29 AM
Quote from: bamslam69 on July 24, 2023, 09:45:50 AM
Not my best work.

Oh, I don't know...  There's something pleasingly brutalist about it?  :D
I guess the use of the centrepunch as an art guideline? Lol.
Every technique i tried to transfer the stencil on failed.... So I resorted to violence.
Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

duck_arse

I had a slight fever

Phend

What's carbon paper? Can you text with it?
  • SUPPORTER+
You can never know the exact time, you'll always be late.

duck_arse

Quote from: Phend on July 26, 2023, 06:56:29 PM
I had a slight fever

stallik

This one's been sitting unfinished on my shelf for 7 years and rather than necro the original post http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=109733.msg1004554#msg1004554 I thought I'd share it here.
Recently got some decent AC176's and an interest in fuzz so grabbed my iron.

Theres a dual 1N60 clipping section on a switch to ground. With the guitar volume dimed, this gives big compression and very slow release (on my build). It's a great effect but altogether a bit too much. Also, rolling off guitar volume results in a gnarly clean up. Popping a 2k7 resistor in line with the switch improves both.  A lot.

Thanks Jimi, - enjoying this one

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bluebunny

Sweet.  :icon_cool:   Missed seeing your distinctive black boxes, Kevin.
  • SUPPORTER

bluelagoon

is that a picture or some giant sea urchin sitting on the pedal? It looks so 3D its hard to tell

stallik

It's a flat picture printed directly on the box but you're going vaguely in the right direction. At the time, all my pedals had a similar look - colour, layout, fonts etc. Each had a planet in the centre. On this one, I wanted to pay homage to pinkjimiphoton so made up my own 'planet' with photons shooting out. Nobody knows what a photon looks like, that's not a planet but a plant (microscopic sea thingy) and I'm no artist.

Nevertheless, now you've mentioned it, the pic does look a bit 3D. I'll go stomp on it again to make sure it's still flat
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bluelagoon

LOL, very nice, yeah stomp on that thing, before it gets out of control.

You say it is printed direct onto the box, is that using the Roland UV print process?

bluebunny

Thanks for explaining, Kevin.  I was worried it was a COVID-23 virus.   :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

Quote from: bluelagoon on August 05, 2023, 02:06:31 AM
You say it is printed direct onto the box, is that using the Roland UV print process?

Different make but yes, UV flatbed printer. So miss having access to that now :(

bluelagoon

Did you have to do the Artwork in Vector graphics? Just curious because you seem to have a lot of color gradient variation in the detail, which isn't always easy to get to the vectorized format.

FiveseveN

UV printing is a raster process, much like inkjets.
Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

bluelagoon

Hadn't heard of UV printing being a raster process, The only real exposure to it that I have had personally is through Tayda, where they always insist on Vectorized graphics for their Roland printers. I get good results from them, but not always easy converting jpeg and other raster files to vector, Especially when there are subtle gradient changes in colors, thus its not always so straight forward getting a direct duplicate of a jpeg image with all the color detail onto the pedal enclosure.