News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcode80

i'm sure this has bee posted somewhere, but i can't find it. is there any template or anything available so that one can be sure to have the proper size and placement of graphics for each box?

Pushtone

Assuming your using Hammond boxes, you can download the pdf files from the Hammond website.
They are dimensioned. http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg.htm

or...

How about a ruler?
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

Samy

Nikolay

This is modded ts9.

The design si made by my father. He is a painter.

Hiwatt25

I did this from a Build Your Own Clone Kit.  Nice guys over there and a fun build.  The finish is not very original but I like it. 

Snuffy

Sammy those are some great looking pedals  :icon_mrgreen:

Samy

lumpymusic

Quote from: Hiwatt25 on October 08, 2006, 03:47:53 PM

Could you share where those transistor sockets are from, please?
They appear to have machined pins. I hate the whimpy stamped,
folded pin things on most sockets.

Thanks -

Lumpy
In Your Ears for 40 Years
www.lumpymusic.com

choklitlove

Quote from: lumpymusic on October 08, 2006, 07:02:01 PM

Could you share where those transistor sockets are from, please?
They appear to have machined pins. I hate the whimpy stamped,
folded pin things on most sockets.

Thanks -

Lumpy
i think there from build your own clone .com, he said that.  i think those would have come with it also.  those are cool.  i checked the site, and they don't have them separately.
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

markm

Try small bear, he has sockets like those lumpy.

Guitarmaster2380

these are amazing everyone! I've made a TON of them myself and so I'll take pictures of them soon...but these are amazing!

anyone make or attempt to make multi-effects pedals? I'd love to see some of those!

Barcode80

i think i'm going to use the hollow shell of a zoom multi effects unit to house a few effects in an all-in-one, i'll let you know how it goes and i'll post pics.

Barcode80

here are some RACO enclosures I've painted up, though no circuits call them home yet! still waiting on some parts and i have 2 or 3 circuits i haven't tested yet. the orange and green ones have about 10 coats on them counting primer, paint, and clear coats. i have discovered that if you paint a few coats of color, then a few coats of SATIN OR MATTE finish clear coat, then go back over with more color coats and then finish it off with more clear, the results are astoundingly clean and professional looking!

tell me what you think!

$uperpuma

Reminds me of the old 3MS Pedals (pre 4ms)
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Stompin Tom

Paint looks pretty good barcode... I like using the RACO enclosures, too. They're so cheap that I can justify not poaching parts from the pedals I don't use that often. In any case, I actually prefer to use the other side as the top. Flat and a bit cleaner looking... putting the jacks on the side of the box can get a little tricky, though.

lumpymusic

Quote from: markm on October 08, 2006, 07:48:51 PM
  (...machined transistor sockets, not stamped...)
Try small bear, he has sockets like those lumpy.

Thanks Mucho!

Lumpy
In Your Ears for 40 Years
www.lumpymusic.com

bluesdevil

Quote from: Guitarmaster2380 on October 08, 2006, 11:57:13 PM
these are amazing everyone! I've made a TON of them myself and so I'll take pictures of them soon...but these are amazing!

anyone make or attempt to make multi-effects pedals? I'd love to see some of those!

Here one I finished back in April (click on it for larger image):

Contains a "Slow Gear" with a Strat-o-blaster tacked on the end for extra volume, a modded "Bad Stone" phase shifter w/ stage cap selector for univibe like sounds, a heavily modded CE-2 chorus with all kinds of options for extreme sick sounds and a PT-80 delay. I thought this was going to be my last build ever, but sure as hell wasn't. If I ever do a multi effect box again it will be simpler circuits, what a headache!!!
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

Hiwatt25

Lumpy-

I dig the sockets too, they came with the kit.  I think you can get them at SmallBear. 

343 Salty Beans

Quote from: bluesdevil on October 09, 2006, 05:48:47 PM

Contains a "Slow Gear" with a Strat-o-blaster tacked on the end for extra volume, a modded "Bad Stone" phase shifter w/ stage cap selector for univibe like sounds, a heavily modded CE-2 chorus with all kinds of options for extreme sick sounds and a PT-80 delay. I thought this was going to be my last build ever, but sure as hell wasn't. If I ever do a multi effect box again it will be simpler circuits, what a headache!!!

Turned out amazing, though  8) sick work. As much as people bag on multiFX pedals, ain't it nice to have what you need not spread out every which-way? I hate when I need to turn off two pedals, turn on 3 more, and start singing the chorus at the same gorram time.

mongo

Quote from: bluesdevil on October 09, 2006, 05:48:47 PM

Nice!

How do you do to power all those pedals? I'm planning on building some kind of "sound generator-effects Matrix" with atari punk consoles, a sample and hold  and some other werd circuits but I dont know how to powe them up...respond in PM so I dont kidnap the thread...

Thanks in advance!

Andy