SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Fader

Quote from: zeta55 on October 30, 2006, 04:10:27 PM
Quote from: 343 Salty Beans on October 30, 2006, 02:37:57 PM
Zeta, I love it! What method did you use for the box art?
It's a simple waterslide decal.

/Krister

Yeah but that's pretty special, probably my favourite so far.

343 Salty Beans

Quote from: Dark Fader on October 30, 2006, 04:16:15 PM
Quote from: zeta55 on October 30, 2006, 04:10:27 PM
Quote from: 343 Salty Beans on October 30, 2006, 02:37:57 PM
Zeta, I love it! What method did you use for the box art?
It's a simple waterslide decal.

/Krister

Yeah but that's pretty special, probably my favourite so far.

Everyone uses them to such great effect. I've been to walmart and a few craft stores and can't find them...where do you guys get your waterslide decals?

Fuzzy-Train

+1 I'd also like to know where to find them.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

zeta55

As for my waterslides I buy them from here http://www.rebell.com/english/eng_index.html

/Krister
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

bluesdevil

I get my waterslide decals from Smallbear Electronics at $2.00 a sheet. You have to spray  a clearcoat on the inkjet sheets before soaking and there is still a chance the ink could still run or break up. The laser printer sheets are a lot better in appearance and reliablility when applying..... also no need to clearcoat first either. The results were so great that I bought a black ink laserjet printer just for decal use!!! 
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

$uperpuma

nothing simple about waterslide decals THAT big....;)
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Khas Evets

Zeta -

How did you wire up the switch on the VB-2? I was planning to use two switches (or a pot to mix in the dry signal), but your way is more economical. Then again, ramping up in chorus mode could be interesting.

Pushtone

Quote from: 343 Salty Beans on October 30, 2006, 04:25:27 PM
where do you guys get your waterslide decals?

You can usualy find waterslide decal sheets at hobby shops that cater to the model train/plane hobbiest.

Other than that it's ordering from Small Bear or one of the other online specialty paper suppliers.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

darron

i love this forum! doing a comparison from earlier in the thread to now, the standard of quality of builds is getting more and more impressive! recent stuff has wow'd me a lot!

do you think that you guys are getting more competitive, or does the common knowledge that you share perpetuate this trend?

awesome work to all the recent posts :D
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

markm

IMO it's the sharing of knowledge and, living on the edge helps!

$uperpuma

I learn a lot from this forum and get some great ideas.... this particular thread always makes me want to "bring it" when I post... but I think that is more for my own satisfaction... I am impressed on a weekly basis with things I see in here...
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Dragonfly

heres an EA trem i built a while back..really good "vintage" tremolo sound......didnt bother with graphics ...i thought it had a nice "clean" look to it....the extra switch changes the trem's speed from a "slow range" to a "fast range".....

outside:

inside:

Dragonfly

...and an LPB booster i built for a friend who was "missing" his old one....  :)

Izzy

Finally  got the switch today and finished mine Tube Ish-creamer!  ;D

John Lyons

Here's my Lovetone Brown Source clone

And My Skyripper (by joe Gagan)

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

tungngruv

Unbelievable John. That SkyRipper rules!!!!!!

zeta55

Quote from: tungngruv on October 30, 2006, 11:45:31 PM
Unbelievable John. That SkyRipper rules!!!!!!
:icon_eek: +1  :icon_eek:    Unbelivible, wich I had the skills for woodwork like that!!

zeta55

Quote from: Khas Evets on October 30, 2006, 06:56:58 PM
Zeta -

How did you wire up the switch on the VB-2? I was planning to use two switches (or a pot to mix in the dry signal), but your way is more economical. Then again, ramping up in chorus mode could be interesting.
Actually, it does not use the ramp option in chorus mode, just the bypass switch. The switch is a 3-way DPDT, in chorus it ads the extra resistor mod posted by byoc, and grounds the ramp on/off side of the switch.

/Krister

343 Salty Beans

Quote from: Basicaudio on October 30, 2006, 11:41:51 PM

Here's my Lovetone Brown Source clone

And My Skyripper (by joe Gagan)

Hope you put my parts to good use, man  ;) I'll get pics of my (still twitchy) paralooper sometime, but it is SO HOT in that box.

MikeH

I figured it's about time I posted a few of my builds:

This is basically a Red Llama with tone control and some gain switching options.  It's an Orange Llama because I didn't have any Red Paint; but I did have a nice big can of Chevy Orange engine paint

This is a Zakk Wylde Overdrive:

This on is based on a Parallel Universe.  I added some germanium clipping for extra "Buzz" and left out the Gate switching.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH