SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Fader

Quote from: zjokka on November 01, 2006, 01:49:43 PM
Quote from: Dark Fader on October 30, 2006, 01:58:49 PM

very nice build, but how did you make the whole for the odd shaped boss dc jack? have a few lying around but don't know how to drill a hole that shape.

zj

thanks, went pretty good for my second build and worked first time as well! Yep, hole drilled to size for top bit, then dremelled (sp?) below and finished off with flat file. In fact next time I would just use a file, works fine on aluminium.

Cheers,

Jim

P.S. This is my absolute favourite thread, I'm astounded every day by the quality of work here, gives me something to aspire to.  :icon_biggrin:

Gilles C

Here is one from a couple years ago.

I still have to add the name Ross somewhere...

Gilles

Fuzzy-Train

Well, I guess I pretty much completed building my Tycobrahe Octavia clone.... besides painting on the name, controls, jacks, and it's working great now.... no more sound problems.

I'm calling it "the big Ohh!"

Here are pics of the process:

guts:

gut shot:

Everything installed

What I want it to look like all painted, the purple will be much darker. If some of you have any suggestions for the painting scheme, or even position and everything please speak up, all comments, criticism is accepted. I'll probably use some kind of model car paint or something like that, I don't like the way nailpolish looks somethimes.

I guess it's pretty good for a first pedal, I wish that some of my drilling could've been more symetrical, but I'm pretty happy with the end product, and it sounds fantastic... I wish I knew how to host some sound clips.

Thanks for reading.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

jonathan perez

Quote from: NoNothing on November 02, 2006, 06:27:39 PM
I wish I knew how to host some sound clips.

myspace, dude!  ;D
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Fuzzy-Train

Tried that before in my wah thread, still couldn't do it. The clips get hosted but don't work. My brother, who's pretty knowledgable about all things computer related, couldn't figure it out either.
THERE IS NO SIG.

Stuff I built!

343 Salty Beans

Myspace only accepts mp3s. did you try that?

Rattlehead

My first project, LPB.
used sharpies to color the enclosure  ;D

Fuzzy-Train

Nice!

Did you use a clear coat after you finished, or did you just leave it as is?
THERE IS NO SIG.

Stuff I built!

Rattlehead

i didn't get to clear coat it yet, but i will this week  :)

Hiwatt25

Just finished this distortion+.  I etched the board from the tonepad PDF.  I skipped the LED cause, if you don't know it's on something might be wrong.  I know, it's boring but it's a very cool sounding pedal.  Never owned or even heard an original but I'm glad I built it.

yeeshkul

My sweet beloved O-rangemaster :). What a pity a had to hand it in to my girlfriend who found it quite a nice present for her nephew, who "also plays guitar"  :'(

Dark Fader

Quote from: yeeshkul on November 06, 2006, 05:08:03 AM
My sweet beloved O-rangemaster :). What a pity a had to hand it in to my girlfriend who found it quite a nice present for her nephew, who "also plays guitar"  :'(

:o

I think I would have found a new girlfriend/injured nephew rather than let that one go!

MikeH

What kind of enclosure is that in?  Looks like the perfect size and shape.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

yeeshkul

I have no idea, they just sell it here (Czech Republic) for about 2.5$. I had the stickers printed for less than a buck and put some lacquer on top. They don't sell those aluminium die-casted enclosures, so i can buy either this model or make my own from 1mm sheet metal (zinc-galvanized) - EH-like. I love EH enclosures :)

markm

That enclosure sure does look cool!  8)

dano12

A few more additions to the never-ending box building :)

Custom DOD440 clone with a Peppermill up front to goose things a bit:

A noise maker from the original Forrest Mimms III circuit, built for my son. It was quite the hit at school.

$uperpuma

nice putting the fireball in Mario's hand :)
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Barcode80

dano, i know you print on clear sticker paper, but how do you print the white areas?

dano12

Quote from: Barcode80 on November 06, 2006, 10:45:01 PM
dano, i know you print on clear sticker paper, but how do you print the white areas?

I use white gloss sticker paper. White is built-in :)

B Tremblay

B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com