News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffyrock

+1 for radioshack bezels. they class up a build (compared to no bezel) and are fairly cheap...
Built so far: ROG Ruby, matching pair of LPB2s, Mr. Clean, Easy Drive,
Next up: Bazz Fuss, ROG Grace Overdrive, Smashdrive.

Barcode80

speaking of which, all of these builds have the radio shack silver bezel in them. i like it a lot.

Tube Sound OD from Dragonfly's layout

Bazz Fuzz

Yun's rocket boost (still debugging, used my unverified Vero layout)

"Relic" Yun's rocket boost, working like a charm and purposefully pre-aged. Notice the PAINFULLY off-center LED :)

Hiwatt25

Man, I was trying to figure out what that bumper sticker meant...thought I was stupid then I realized it's not "square root of 69 minus 8" it was, "square root of 69 equals 8 something."

Duh.

BN

Quote from: Hiwatt25 on November 12, 2006, 01:17:51 PM
Man, I was trying to figure out what that bumper sticker meant...thought I was stupid then I realized it's not "square root of 69 minus 8" it was, "square root of 69 equals 8 something."

Duh.

Good to know I wasn't the only one wondering. But I still don't get the point so I figure that I probably don't "get it"...
"Rock 'n roll keeps you young, but you can only get away with that for so long. Eventually you become too old to stay young. And I think that's the point I reached" - David St. Hubbins

Nikolay

Yun

Quote from: Barcode80 on November 12, 2006, 11:58:51 AM
speaking of which, all of these builds have the radio shack silver bezel in them. i like it a lot.

Tube Sound OD from Dragonfly's layout

Bazz Fuzz

Yun's rocket boost (still debugging, used my unverified Vero layout)

"Relic" Yun's rocket boost, working like a charm and purposefully pre-aged. Notice the PAINFULLY off-center LED :)

Hey, someone (other than myself) actually built the thing  :icon_lol:  .  How do you like it eh?  They sound really good through Marshalls, by the way....
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

Barcode80

my favorite boost of all my builds so far. i'm playing it through a randall 30w tube into a 4x12 carvin cab

dano12

Work in progress. All-tube overdrive. Currently looks a lot better than it sounds. :)

Gila_Crisis

This is my last production  :icon_mrgreen:

Atary Punk Console (housed in an ibanez tanksound box)

Big Muff with Suistain Punch Creamy Dreamer Mods (this BM was built for 2 year by a friend but never worked. now i fixed and modded it! fabulous!!! simply the FUZZ!!!!)

Nyquist Aliaser

Rattle Crow

Barcode80

Gila, where'd you get those triangular knobs?

Gila_Crisis

those on the atari and nyquist? i found them where i work.

brad

Quote from: dano12 on November 12, 2006, 04:57:41 PM
Work in progress. All-tube overdrive. Currently looks a lot better than it sounds. :)

I remember trying 3 stages of 12AJ6 gain, and it didn't sound all that great.  But perhaps there is enough boost to drive a tube diode clipping section?  Tube diodes are actually softer sounding than Ge diodes.
"If You Can't Open It, You Don't Own It"

bent

to Dano12,

really nice job on your painting.... it really looks like company made...

what program on the computer did you use to do the graphic....?

it's really amazing what you do on the DOD440.....

keep the good work...

bent
Long live the music.....

dano12

Quote from: brad on November 12, 2006, 06:06:39 PM
Quote from: dano12 on November 12, 2006, 04:57:41 PM

I remember trying 3 stages of 12AJ6 gain, and it didn't sound all that great.  But perhaps there is enough boost to drive a tube diode clipping section?  Tube diodes are actually softer sounding than Ge diodes.

Hey Brad, did you try different values for the decoupling caps? Also, did you keep the one meg pots between stages? Do you think a 12AJ6 could be used as a clipper? Yeah I know, questions questions :)

dano12

Quote from: bent on November 12, 2006, 06:52:43 PM
to Dano12,

really nice job on your painting.... it really looks like company made...

what program on the computer did you use to do the graphic....?

it's really amazing what you do on the DOD440.....

keep the good work...

bent

That one is dirt simple: black powder-coated hammond box from Small Bear + stick-on letters :) For graphics I use a combination of Microsoft Visio and Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Yun

Quote from: Barcode80 on November 12, 2006, 04:38:57 PM
my favorite boost of all my builds so far. i'm playing it through a randall 30w tube into a 4x12 carvin cab

Far out, man!  i'm glad to hear that, man!  PM me, i re-visited this booster- it sounds a billion times better now.  So, just PM me and i'll give you the schematic....
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

Andre

My modular effects unit.
Not completely finished, but already working and worth to show I think.

Barcode80

you may already have something like this in place, but if you are going modular, you should wire the connections (switches, ins/outs, etc.)with those multi strand plug things so you can easily switch out the effects on the fly. just a thought.

Andre

It uses one 3.5 mm stereo jack for signal in/out and one 5.1 mm DC-plug for power.
I wanted it to be really modular.

dano12

Quote from: Andre on November 13, 2006, 01:54:42 PM
My modular effects unit.
Not completely finished, but already working and worth to show I think.

Wow.

Super wow.

Really...super wow.

Very nice work!