News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finkfloyd

I built the dynacomp from the layout at GGG, I must say it sounds great, sounds just like the vintage one I sold a while back.

I'm glad I made this, excellent effect to add to my slowly growing arsenal of effects!

The decal was made in corel draw, and colour inverted, then printed on my b&w laser printer onto glossy sticky photopaper.
I was gonna print this out with black text etc onto a clear waterslide decal onto a polished box, burt way too much hassle!

zjokka

Quote from: oldrocker on November 26, 2006, 09:18:13 AM
Hey zjokka,
I like that used pedal look.  That could be a whole new concept.  Build a pedal line where they look like old pedals even though they're new.  Moto : new sound with a vintage look.  The subtle wear at certain points on the pedal really makes it look like it's been out on tour.  Cool pedal.
Quote from: call1800ksmyazz on November 26, 2006, 09:21:01 AM
yea rjokka.  I really like that look too.  It looks really nice.
Quote from: markm on November 26, 2006, 10:01:40 AM
"Relic" pedals...... 8)
I like it!

Thanks guys, you are too nice. Am starting to like it more every day and so does the new owner.
I'm beginning to think the choice of fonts and their size really matters.

zj

sfr

Finkfloyd - that compressor looks terrific!  Where'd you get the enclosure for the FF?  Is it a DIY job?  It's a great shape.
sent from my orbital space station.

zeta55

Quote from: sfr on November 28, 2006, 03:37:03 AM
Finkfloyd - that compressor looks terrific!  Where'd you get the enclosure for the FF?  Is it a DIY job?  It's a great shape.
I like that one too, wey nice looking pedal.

Here's my envelope filter that finaly got rehoused. Decided to give it a nice painted enclousure since it's a pedal I keep using from time to time.

/Krister
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

mcasey1

Just finished a Silicon Fuzz Face.  Got the enclosure drilled and powdercoated from pedalpartsplus.com for CHEAP!  Great service, product, and  price.  Here are some pictures.

Auke Haarsma

my first decently finished project: Hollis' Omni Drive! Nice project to build, learned lots while doing it. Made mistakes on purpose/ while experimenting (eg finish isn't perfect, input holes are to big), but nevertheless I'm pleased with the result. And it does sound good too :P

Next pedal I hope to finish will be the Dirty Sanchez!

dano12

I tried the "wire brush in the drill press" technique on a bare box. I *really* like this idea--it is super simple and yields great results. Here's one my custom FKR (four knob rats) done this way.

petemoore

That's a 'B-Dazz' look !!!

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

disto

Quote from: zeta55 on November 28, 2006, 02:07:12 PM
Quote from: sfr on November 28, 2006, 03:37:03 AM
I like that one too, wey nice looking pedal.

it looks a lot like the marshall footswitches

there nice little boxes, there are some un-named marshall lookalike switches on ebay so i guess the boxes must be available else where

finkfloyd the dynacomp looks good ive been thinking about building one and since you rate the ggg design i may try it out

Pushtone

The super cool Sparkle Boost by Dragonfly with laminated graphics.

The Sparkle Boost sits in among the Top 5 Boosters along side the Mini Boost, MosFET, Fetzer etc.

It has a full bodied clean sound with strong low-mids, and clear high end, sort of like the Strat-o-Blaster.
But unlike the Strat-o-Blaster the Sparkle Boost can go from Clean-n-Ballsy to well into
Over Drive territory with the additional GAIN control.
It lets you add just about any amount of grit you want.
Something you can't do with the Mini Booster.
The controls are nice and linear and the pots are easy to find.

This is a great "weekend" build because you can easily finish it in one weekend.
And with Vero, Perf, and PCB layouts in Dragonfly's and markm's galleries you can build it anyway you want!

The graphics are a color laser print I got at Staples.
Printed on what Staples calls magazine paper which is very very thin. Coated with several clear coats.
I felt the SB sounded like the new Mustang's exhaust, a throaty roar.
So I looked for a nice Mustang pic.
That led me to a website about Mustang P1 racing airplanes that offered P1 graphics for personal use.
I added the pin up girl to the nose of the P1 and used aviation terms for the controls to complete the theme

I originally drilled the box to accommodate a battery, but since I don't use them, I used the space to put in a GGG IC buffer.
I like to put a boost at the head of my pedal chain and having a buffered bypass keeps the signal clean when the boost is off.
The buffer also lets me use "Vintage Bypass w/ LED" on a DPDT switch to save $$.
In the pic below you can see I used nylon bolts and nuts as stand-offs. The nylon nuts on both sides of the PCB hold the board at a preset height. http://www3.telus.net/public/david65/pedal-pics/CheapStandoff.jpg

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

Auke Haarsma

KaptenSpark

Finally got around to build a rebote. Love it.

$uperpuma

nice countersunk LED.  I love that.
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

jonathan perez

my friend casted a wah in his metal shop class, and gave me the final product...didnt look very good...but it worked, as a wah! and last week i got me a toaster oven, so ive been baking like theres no tomorrow!

anyways, my affair's 21st birthday is today, and so i thought id make her something special...i have 2 backups, though, i just might keep this one..i call it the Timmy Wah!

there are two RBG LEDs under the rocker...

but im still heavy metal...hahaha

and yes, the switch works...the jacks are dummys, but the switch is a spdt carling from an old crybaby. i threw in the plastic washer to give it that "it MUST be true bypassed!" look.

damn im good!  :D :D  8)
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

$uperpuma

That Wah makes me want to sing Jingle Bells...
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

puretube

arrghhh - that wah shell reminds me of one of the saddest days in my life...  :icon_cry:

Pushtone

Quote from: thebattleofmidway on December 02, 2006, 11:39:09 AM
my friend casted a wah in his metal shop class, and gave me the final product...didnt look very good...

Amazing, is that casted by hand? A one-off?
Aren't these shells mass manufactured with molten metal under high pressure?
To cast by hand is quite a feat I would think.

I think it looks amazing!  Cheers to you and your friend.

Did your friend use a wah shell to make a mold, because it looks spot on for dimensions.
I actually like the pitting and pock marks.

jonathan perez

this is made from aluminum, WAAAAAAAY easier to drill.

he will be making me 5-10 more this week. the only problem is drilling the super small holes...so i will never make these into real wahs until he gets them right.  :D
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Pushtone

I love the "running lights" LEDs. I gotta try that. Maybe make-em beat to the music too.

coffyrock

isn't the heart of DIY pedals about being one of a kind? If so, you're the king with that wah!

Holy Christmas!! :icon_lol:
Built so far: ROG Ruby, matching pair of LPB2s, Mr. Clean, Easy Drive,
Next up: Bazz Fuss, ROG Grace Overdrive, Smashdrive.