News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan perez

im not very good with anything else, so i figured id do another kind of DIY.  ;)

if the christmas comments are compliments, thank you guys!  :D
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

rockgardenlove

Quote from: Pushtone on November 30, 2006, 08:16:35 PM
The super cool Sparkle Boost by Dragonfly with laminated graphics.

The Sparkle Boost sits in among the Top 5 Boosters along side the Mini Boost, MosFET, Fetzer etc.

It has a full bodied clean sound with strong low-mids, and clear high end, sort of like the Strat-o-Blaster.
But unlike the Strat-o-Blaster the Sparkle Boost can go from Clean-n-Ballsy to well into
Over Drive territory with the additional GAIN control.
It lets you add just about any amount of grit you want.
Something you can't do with the Mini Booster.
The controls are nice and linear and the pots are easy to find.

This is a great "weekend" build because you can easily finish it in one weekend.
And with Vero, Perf, and PCB layouts in Dragonfly's and markm's galleries you can build it anyway you want!

The graphics are a color laser print I got at Staples.
Printed on what Staples calls magazine paper which is very very thin. Coated with several clear coats.
I felt the SB sounded like the new Mustang's exhaust, a throaty roar.
So I looked for a nice Mustang pic.
That led me to a website about Mustang P1 racing airplanes that offered P1 graphics for personal use.
I added the pin up girl to the nose of the P1 and used aviation terms for the controls to complete the theme

I originally drilled the box to accommodate a battery, but since I don't use them, I used the space to put in a GGG IC buffer.
I like to put a boost at the head of my pedal chain and having a buffered bypass keeps the signal clean when the boost is off.
The buffer also lets me use "Vintage Bypass w/ LED" on a DPDT switch to save $$.
In the pic below you can see I used nylon bolts and nuts as stand-offs. The nylon nuts on both sides of the PCB hold the board at a preset height. http://www3.telus.net/public/david65/pedal-pics/CheapStandoff.jpg

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Is it supposed to be inferred that the "input" is the lady's rear?  Or is that just my dirty mind running off on me again?

fixr1984

It would be funny to have her rear as the "exhaust" ;D

Barcode80

here is my current gig setup. counterclockwise from left:

boss power supply/master switch, boss tr-2 tremolo, blue relic (rocket boost), tytewadd fuzz, boss sd-1 and ibanez ts-9, dod fx25b envelope filter, morley bad horsie wah, boss tu-2 tuner

all run from a signal-flex multi-pedal supply.

Dave_B

Quote from: markm on November 25, 2006, 10:39:24 AM
Dave.....
I LOVE that KFC bucket  :icon_lol:
Thanks, Mark.   ;D 

For those looking for Duplicolor paint, in my case I noticed the selection is much better in the city than in the suburbs.  The O'Reilly Automotive near downtown Kansas City appeared to stock the entire line.  Just remember to lock your doors.   :)
Help build our Wiki!

jonathan perez

ITS ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!

her name is lamia, she is a Gibson Epiphone strat copy...my first guitar.   :'(

after 5 years of collecting dust in the closet, i finally got it repainted (for my birthday, actually...april 2nd!)...it USED to be white..then about 7 years ago i decided it should look like a cow...never finished sanding it, stayed bare for 3 1/2 years...pulled it out, slapped on an EMG DG20 (david gilmour) pickgaurd after DJ-ing several nights in a row, i finally got enough money to finish this damn guitar...oh, and i got the floyd rose (yeah, thats an original floyd rose without the fine tuners...cool huh?) for 3 bucks at a thrift store.

my girlfriend at the time painted it for me, for my birthday...i wanted it to look like the Joe Satriani strap i have on there, or at least have the same colors and scheme...and sure enough, it was a BEAUTIFUL job, which binds the body of the guitar...and tonight, I FOUND THE NECK!...ive been looking for it for 2 years...found it under my bed... ::)

the middle pickup is there, but i lowered it flush, as i never use it...Blackmore style.  ;D

sfr

Quote from: Dave_B on December 04, 2006, 08:54:39 AM
For those looking for Duplicolor paint, in my case I noticed the selection is much better in the city than in the suburbs.  The O'Reilly Automotive near downtown Kansas City appeared to stock the entire line.  Just remember to lock your doors.   :)

On the other hand, in some cities (Chicago, for instance) aerosol paint is outlawed, and you have to leave the city to purchase it.
sent from my orbital space station.

Psych0F0x

JimRayden

One company making coloured strings is http://www.drstrings.com/

That's a downright groovy lookin' guitar! When did Epiphone stop putting "by Gibson" on the guitars, by the way?

----------
Jimbo

Gilles C

They must have done that when people started buying Epiphones instead of Gibsons, seeing them as less costly Gibsons instead of another brand...

...Less Gibsons sold, less money with the epiphones...

I saw that thing happen with some other guitars brand.

Gilles

jonathan perez

i dont think ill ever gig with it...its got alot of "value" i guess, but the neck pickup tone is to die for! easily the best playing guitar i own...

JimRayden

Care to explain the coins?

------------
Jimbo

Barcode80

looks like a poor man's tremolo lock.

Ronsonic

Quote from: JimRayden on December 05, 2006, 10:51:53 AM
Care to explain the coins?

------------
Jimbo

Gives the bridge a stop so it can be set to return solid, but still have height over the body. Some guy named Eddie Van Something or other used to do that with the original Floyds.

Ron
http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

jonathan perez

oh yeah!

they used to block the trem so if i broke a string it wouldnt go out of tune, but when i set up the action, i no longer needed them because the bridge lies on the body, and i never use a whammy bar (jake e lee is a hero...)

but the coins USED to be on there, when i first put it together...so i figured id just tape em back on there (with the same old sticky electrical tape) for the "it used to look like this" look...

this WAS my dads guitar...he had a cherry Gibson Les Paul Custom, but my uncle sold it for booze money...can you believe? it could easily have sold for over 2 grand, now...not that i would have sold it, it would have been my #1 guitar.

he was a bass player, but had a couple guitars for noodling's sake...

Seljer

my DIY regulated power supply :)

and testing it on top of my amp with some other pedals

Barcode80

which power supply schem is that? is it one where you can add more jacks? post a link! looks real simple...

darron

Quote from: Seljer on December 06, 2006, 02:28:20 PM
my DIY regulated power supply :)
looks cool. i'd be fearful of one day yanking the socket out though. you could tie a not inside the box so that you can only pull it so far before it pulls on the electronics? what value is that capacitor? looks massive (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Cliff Schecht

It currently goes Boss PH-2>>Tonepad wah w/ red fasel and many tweaks>>Orange Squeezer clone (Signed by Jerry Donahue!!)>>Whammy>>Ring Modulator w/ buffered input and carrier>>TS808 clone>>Boss BD-2>>modded Metal Zone>>Mr. EQ>>Octavia (not the tycobraha, the Roger Mayer)>>CE-2 clone and Robote 2.5 delay (in Russian BMP Box)>>EA Tremelo (which I don't really care for, getting replaced with the Boss RC-2 once I can find one).

jonathan perez

i remember when i had that many pedals...

isnt it hard for you to stomp on some of them?

i think id rather have a right>left setup, instead of the similar setup i have...