News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff Schecht

I don't ever really have problems, I just know my pedalboard I guess...

markm

Quote from: Cliff Schecht on December 06, 2006, 07:29:38 PM
I don't ever really have problems, I just know my pedalboard I guess...

'cause your used to it and that's cool.
ME.....I'd get lost with all of those!
Looks good though Cliff!

Seljer

Quote from: Barcode80 on December 06, 2006, 05:25:18 PM
which power supply schem is that? is it one where you can add more jacks? post a link! looks real simple...

Its just a basic little thing with just a fullwave rectifier -> 7809 voltage regulator, I put up a layout for it in the gallery: http://aronnelson.com/gallery/seljer/7809power_copy
works great if you don't need to ability to adjust the voltage like on the slightly more complicated LM317 ones
you can wire on as many jacks as you want in parallel
Quote from: darron on December 06, 2006, 06:22:41 PM

looks cool. i'd be fearful of one day yanking the socket out though. you could tie a not inside the box so that you can only pull it so far before it pulls on the electronics? what value is that capacitor? looks massive (:

yeah, I'm going to take care of that wire. The capacitor is a 1000uF 35V, I was thinking of even going with 2 of them at one point. Even when you turn it off it keeps the LED lit up for another 5 or 6 seconds (if I were using a bigger resistor on the LED it'd probably last for even longer)

sfr

Okay Cliff, what's going on with that Big Muff? 
sent from my orbital space station.

JimRayden

Quote from: sfr on December 07, 2006, 09:27:57 AM
Okay Cliff, what's going on with that Big Muff? 

Yeah, what gives? A Dubble Muff?

---------
Jimbo

Seljer

he's got his entire signal flow described under the pic :

"aha, the Roger Mayer)>>CE-2 clone and Robote 2.5 delay (in Russian BMP Box)>>EA Trem"

JimRayden

Quote from: Seljer on December 07, 2006, 10:46:58 AM
he's got his entire signal flow described under the pic :

"aha, the Roger Mayer)>>CE-2 clone and Robote 2.5 delay (in Russian BMP Box)>>EA Trem"

Oh yeah. Didn't notice the text, the photo got all of my attention. ;D

---------
Jimbo

Cliff Schecht

Here's some gut shots of a few of the cooler builds:

The chorus and delay in one (pots mounted directly to the board):

I like the box for my Mr. EQ the best, I made it out of an old radio from goodwill (It had a huge square power section that I cut out). Getting the sides bent properly was kind of a task, but nothing a torch and an anvil can't handle. The effect itself is also great, but fitting the perf board (I normally use PCB but I've been getting lazy) was quite a task. I ended up using Crybaby style standoffs on 2 parts of the board and some foam to isolate it, which worked out great.

I've posted a pic of my Orange Squeezer build before, but now it has Jerry Donahue's signature :icon_mrgreen:

SteveB

New paint jobs on a couple of my older fuzz builds. The booteek fuzz actually has a few different shades of candy pagan gold, candy tangerine, & candy apple red. Doesn't show up in the photos though. Funny thing is, they don't sound any better than they did before.  ;D

Steve

Gilles C

Cool boxes guys...

I love that look Steve.

And that Jerry Donahue box too Cliff.

Gilles

Dragonfly

Cliff Schecht

Those look great Steve.

Pushtone

Amazing transparent finishes. Nice work! SteveB
Me thinks we'll be seeing a lot more of these dremel swirl finishes. It's catching on like box etching did a year ago.
You certainly have me wanting to pick up a spray can again.

However, I think there is an unwritten forum rule that requires anyone displaying a box finish with white text labels to tell all.
So fess up, how ya do the Octavia labels?

Those PCB mounted pots are a great technique Cliff Schecht.
Thanks for cracking open the Chorus/Delay pedal to show that.
A great gut picture.
Are those jumpers I see to get the right pad on the layout to the right pot lug?

And DragonFly, very gutsy to post right after Cliff and Steve. Two hard acts to follow fer sure.
But you managed to equal their effort with sheer shiny eyecandy (not to mention the only original circuit).

Page 77 of this thread is loaded with diy talent. Congratulations on your builds.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

Dragonfly

Quote from: Pushtone on December 08, 2006, 01:03:12 AM
And DragonFly, very gutsy to post right after Cliff and Steve. Two hard acts to follow fer sure.

Hey, someone had to be dumb enough to do it...turns out it was me ! :D

AC

$uperpuma

another brushed looking top... I love that look... how does it sound, Mr. C?
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Cliff Schecht

Amazing transparent finishes. Nice work! SteveB
Me thinks we'll be seeing a lot more of these dremel swirl finishes. It's catching on like box etching did a year ago.
You certainly have me wanting to pick up a spray can again.

However, I think there is an unwritten forum rule that requires anyone displaying a box finish with white text labels to tell all.

Those PCB mounted pots are a great technique Cliff Schecht.
Thanks for cracking open the Chorus/Delay pedal to show that.
A great gut picture.
Are those jumpers I see to get the right pad on the layout to the right pot lug?

But you managed to equal their effort with sheer shiny eyecandy (not to mention the only original circuit).

Page 77 of this thread is loaded with diy talent. Congratulations on your builds.

Yeah, that's what the layout called for. It connects the right side of the Level (fx level, lug 3) to the repeat lug 3. I actually found the pots at Fry's in Austin, they have every value you can think of with the perfect leads for mounting to PCB's. I'm still trying to decide on a one (or no) knob effect to go in between the chorus and delay, but I haven't really found anything yet. Maybe a lo-fi effect?

SteveB

Thanks! It's done with inkjet decal paper & embossing powder that is sold in the stamping or scrapbooking section of arts & crafts stores. Check out this previous post.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=51467.msg386403#msg386403

Steve

Dragonfly

Quote from: $uperpuma on December 08, 2006, 10:20:38 AM
another brushed looking top... I love that look... how does it sound, Mr. C?

HERE'S a 5 MINUTE (!) soundclip...chords, solos, self oscillating madness...I'm playing and turning knobs...some changes are subtle, some aren't !

AC

JimRayden

Now that sounds just amazing. At places alot like my PWM but then it got all whacko again.

Now for the exigent problem. Do you happen to have a bigger version of your avatar? :icon_mrgreen:

---------
Jimbo

Dragonfly

Quote from: JimRayden on December 08, 2006, 05:40:35 PM

Now for the exigent problem. Do you happen to have a bigger version of your avatar? :icon_mrgreen:

---------
Jimbo

Why yes, I do !  :D

AC