News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meanderthal

A bad pic of some of my builds...

I am not responsible for your imagination.

JimRayden

The Axis stands out from that bunch. Can't really tell but I assume it's sharpie-technique?

That and the mysterious black box on the left with a single footswitch. Care to share? :)

---------
Jimbo

Morocotopo

Meanderthal, watch out !!!!
One box is about to fall from the table !!!  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:
Nice work.
Morocotopo

Meanderthal

Yeah, that's just a sharpie... It's an EH Axis/Guild foxey lady, not the RM fuzz face varient. The black mystery box is just a momentary switch wired momentary open or closed for different outputs. Good for triggering a sequencer, sustain pedal(keyboard), switching banks in a zoom, ya never really know when ya need one of these...
I am not responsible for your imagination.

bdevlin

Here's my new pedal board and power supply.  The idea was to be able to use these effects as modular units.  Simply unscrew the 3 plate screws and disconnect power and insert a different unit.  I did some things wrong along the way but overall I'm happy.  The artwork is just color labels with clear coat.

Power supply is 7 isolated power circuits.  I desperately need a power on/off switch though.  DS-1 is shown for scale.

zeta55

Here's my Mutron3 workalike.
It has nice sound to compared to the other ones I've tried, a bit tricky to dial in especially on the bandpass and hipass setting. Though it has the 10kHz wine from the 7660 chargepump. Guess I'll have to try the choke trick.

/Krister
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

Morocotopo

zeta, if you use the 7660 S, it has the same feature as the max 1044 chip, if you connect the (I think) pins 1 and 8 together, the freq goes out of the audible range. Direct replacement. look at the datasheet.
Nice pedal!

morocotopo
Morocotopo

choklitlove

Quote from: zeta55 on December 11, 2006, 10:36:37 AM
Here's my Mutron3 workalike.
It has nice sound to compared to the other ones I've tried, a bit tricky to dial in especially on the bandpass and hipass setting. Though it has the 10kHz wine from the 7660 chargepump. Guess I'll have to try the choke trick.

/Krister
that looks great.  not only that, but i really love the way you put the word "workalike" on it.  honesty!
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

grolschie

Please excuse the lettering. I haven't found an easy way to make lettering. :-(

zeta55

Quote from: Morocotopo on December 11, 2006, 08:11:36 PM
zeta, if you use the 7660 S, it has the same feature as the max 1044 chip, if you connect the (I think) pins 1 and 8 together, the freq goes out of the audible range. Direct replacement. look at the datasheet.
Nice pedal!

morocotopo
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!

/Krister
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

sfr

Quote from: grolschie on December 11, 2006, 10:11:36 PM

Hey, it's white, that's the holy grail of lettering for some of us. 

And I think it looks very nice, regardless - is the lettering hand done, or rub-on or what?
sent from my orbital space station.

pi22seven

I FINALLY finished my English Channel from runoffgroove.com. What a great little circuit! Gets you real close to an AC30. Highly recommended!

StephenGiles

That should be displayed in a glass cabinet!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

tonefreak

Quote from: 343 Salty Beans on October 28, 2006, 02:40:09 PM
Nice looper, tonefreak! Any particular schem you used or was it largely yourself?

Sorry... a couple months late on this... I've been so busy.

This is mine loosely based on the Fulltone loop that was extrapolated to accommodate more loops.

Snuffy

Quote from: StephenGiles on December 12, 2006, 10:51:52 AM
That should be displayed in a glass cabinet!
:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:
lot of good it would do there

grolschie

Quote from: sfr on December 12, 2006, 03:33:15 AM
Quote from: grolschie on December 11, 2006, 10:11:36 PM

Hey, it's white, that's the holy grail of lettering for some of us. 

And I think it looks very nice, regardless - is the lettering hand done, or rub-on or what?

Cheers. Thanks for the kind words! It was the rub-on kind. My painter friend did the cosmetics for me. Only, the letters were hard to align and some of the letters tore. Next time inkjet decals perhaps. :-)

ubersam

One of my buddies asked me to build him a booster, the result: the Fahrging Boostard:

Not really much to look at on the outside, it is the insides that I am really happy with:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/ubersam/FahrgingBoostard/DSC00146.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/ubersam/FahrgingBoostard/DSC00150.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/ubersam/FahrgingBoostard/DSC00149.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/ubersam/FahrgingBoostard/DSC00143.jpg

It is essentially 2 boosters in one box: a SparkleBoost and an AMZ Mini-Booster sharing one perfboard. The middle control selects either one or the mini into the sparkle.

Phorhas

Yup - sure is pretty :)
Electron Pusher

Sweetalk

Nice Booster!!!... Congrats!!!

sfr

Not a stompbox, and still need to find a way to package it up, but I just finished a binary clock as a christmas present for my father.   Used the schematic and info here, and did my own PCB layout. 

Tried to find a good balance between a lot of jumpers and a huge board.  Probably could have done better on both counts, but hey, it works!  Two things that made layout hard - restricting my arrangement of the LEDs/resistors to get them in the physical layout I want for the clock and to be aesthetically pleasing, and logic chips needing connections to the pins going every which way - mostly to other logic chips, which precludes a lot of making "pathways" under components.  (Hence the dozen or so jumpers) 

sent from my orbital space station.