News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan N

Izzy, nice! Where did you get the 3 pos switches?

Izzy

Thanks man!
I got those dp3t switch from ebay. I think that guy still sells in ebay. I bought 4 for $4. Not very strong though.

And one weird thing is, its connection is like this:

1 x 1
0 x 0
2 x 2
3 x 3

You know instead of 0 1 2 3.
0 is the main connection pin.

zyxwyvu

You can also get those DP3T switches at smallbear: http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=495

Cliff Schecht

Quote from: Pushtone on December 30, 2006, 01:27:59 PM
Quote from: Cliff Schecht on December 30, 2006, 04:45:25 AM

I actually have a question about the TS808, I figure I could ask it here instead of starting a new thread.

Cliff, you should start a new thread. I have questions for you and your build that could drag on for several posts.
We need to know what TS schem varient your using. I just finished one but it dosen't look like yours.
Also is the 10uf referenced on the schem? I guess theres only one eh?
How about a closer shot of the TS. I can't see a tant on there. I do see a big electro that I would guess is 10uf.

Go ahead, start yet another TS thread. I'll be there.

New thread started:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=52859.0

Shed_FX

Quote from: markm on December 30, 2006, 12:50:45 PM
Interesting.
Where'd ya get the housing?

Hey Mark the housing is home made it was build from a piece of scrap aluminium channel section and a few other bits i had laying around.

markm

Quote from: Shed_FX on December 31, 2006, 06:50:56 AM
Quote from: markm on December 30, 2006, 12:50:45 PM
Interesting.
Where'd ya get the housing?

Hey Mark the housing is home made it was build from a piece of scrap aluminium channel section and a few other bits i had laying around.

Very Cool.  8)
That's a real nice looking build!

Pushtone

Happy 2007!!

Here are the first DIY pedals for the New Year.

The buzz around the Cream Pie has died down but I am no less thrilled with the sound!  :icon_smile:
Thanks Dragonfly.  http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=50747.0

I use the cover of a 1957 Cadillac service manual for artwork.
Art is a laminated color laser print on #80lbs gloss text paper.
I've been trying the CV7112 transistor with the red dot as collector AND as emitter.
I like the higher gain of the dot as collector but I forgot to mess with the bias when I had it with dot as emitter.
I like mine biased at 4.6v.

An easy build that biases up great, controls work smoothly over their range, AND IT SOUNDS GREAT!
An overnite DIY classic. Read the CP thread and you will not be able to resist building one.
And Aron has the best price for CV7112 right here!
http://www.diystompboxes.com/cart/ Support the forum, buy in the store.

I wanted this to be neat looking inside but all I could find where huge 600v film caps.
That big brown one forced me to abandon the idea of mounting to the back of the pots with adhesive stand-offs.
The board is just resting in there on some foam. CD

Next up is a GGG Tube Screamer build that I'm having a lot of fun with experimenting with.
I promissed the wife that this would be the last girlie pedal.
I did the Keely mods and broke out the clipping diodes to a toggle.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=52859.0

Thanks to JD Sleep at www.generalguitargadgets.com and to Dragonfly
for making these projects available.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

caress

i just finished a foxx tone machine for a friend...not finished with the design yet, though.  only problem is when you stomp it on, the fuzz takes a half second or so to swell in...any ideas?

also a finished highly modified quadrafuzz for myself.  it's got two circuit bends which can work as standalone oscillators or be used to alter the input sound, also added some switches to change the fuzzed frequencies and a fine tune on the fuzz sensitivity.

coffyrock

Built so far: ROG Ruby, matching pair of LPB2s, Mr. Clean, Easy Drive,
Next up: Bazz Fuss, ROG Grace Overdrive, Smashdrive.

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

dansamp

Hey Caress,
my tonebender MKII does the same thing it seems to have a delay when engaging the fuzz but when bypassing it shuts right off
I didn't notice it until I added a 10K resistor from input of switch to the board
it did not do it with a 22K resistor or with no resistor in series  ??? ???

caress

Quote from: thebattleofmidway on January 02, 2007, 10:42:39 PM
does it work?  ???
of course!

Quote from: dansamp on January 03, 2007, 12:06:24 AM
Hey Caress,
my tonebender MKII does the same thing it seems to have a delay when engaging the fuzz but when bypassing it shuts right off
I didn't notice it until I added a 10K resistor from input of switch to the board
it did not do it with a 22K resistor or with no resistor in series  ??? ???
thanks to r.g. i realized it was a little switching error and it works fine now...no fade in, only fuzzy buzzy happytimes.

Cliff Schecht

So I've been pretty busy with this one the past fews days, the paint is butt ugly and I love it. It's a TS w/ mods and a Peppermill in one, both sound great and having both in one box free's up a spot on my pedalboard ;D. The Peppermill was having a strange crackling problem until I changed out the fet, which seems to have completely eliminated the problem (it would suddenly drop in volume and the gain control wouldn't work, both fixed).

The paint is a mix of Kawasaki green (I had to use some to repaint a Ninja 250 a few years ago) and some strange teal color I found lying around, but with the teal side I layed down a fat layer and ruffed it up, giving it a great bumpy texture. The labeling was all hand-painted and I just kinda did whatever, I've never been too big on trying to make my builds look overly professional. I did focus on getting all of the drilling as square as possible and this is easily the best job I've done in that department. The jacks took a bit of manipulation to fit and the power wiring (under the tape) is just temporary, as I plan on using this toy tomorrow in a jam. Anywho, here's some pics:

JonFrum

Quote from: thebattleofmidway on January 02, 2007, 10:42:39 PM
does it work?  ???

That thing should be in a transparent box just to show the wiring.   :icon_mrgreen:

Barcode80

meet my new footswitch... :)

it used to be a compaq mouse!  :)

needed a new footswitch for my 30 watt marshall, had an extra cable and switch around, as well as a hollowed out compaq mouse, and voila!

fixr1984

JimRayden

Now that mouse is just plain cool. :D Isn't it too flimsy for stepping on it?

You just gave me inspiration to finally make a tremolo footswitch for my amp. I should have a few ol' mouses tucked away, gotta dig them out.

----------
Jimbo

Pushtone

Yes, clever use of found objects. I like how the cable comes out of the mouse. Perfect!

Old computer hard drive enclosures make good footswitch boxes too.

There is a pic somewhere in this thread of a HD used for stompbox enclosure and
another HD with dual footswitches for amp channel switching and reverb.

And the actual discs that come out from inside the HD are great for hucking at cars!  :icon_wink:
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

Auke Haarsma

Barcode80

it's actually pretty sturdy. small surface area and curved design makes it a little harder to break.