Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markm

Real nice there Joe, very well done!

joegagan

cristobean, thank you.

those knobs started out as rgular bakelite knnobs, then scultped with dremel, then painted
the pointer ones were regular pointer knobs, the roundish ones were this: ( the bigger one on bottom)
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Fuzzy-Train

Damn joegagan, that's the cleanest wiring I have ever seen. Damn good job! I tip my hat to you kind sir.

Quote from: thebattleofmidway on January 28, 2007, 07:38:45 PM
Quote from: NoNothing on January 28, 2007, 03:53:39 PM
Some pics of SOME of my new (more stuff coming in the mail)
My new wah. Board and parts from TBOM, I painted the shell, and my GF did the board art. I did a base coat of red, then just misted it with black.... some areas have more mist than others but it doesn't bother me none.

GOOD BUILD! good to see my stuff being used for good intent;)

not to mention the artwork is nice!

Damn terrorists making bombs huh  :icon_evil: ... J/K
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

tjcombs

I went with the simple look for my first build.
Mxr Dist + with home etched Millenium Bypass.

Pedals Built - MXR Dist + / WY Harmonics Booster preamp / Rebote 2.5 / Ruby / Rangemaster
Next Project - Some sort of tube amp or mic preamp maybe?????
www.myspace.com/glorynights

jonathan perez

TIMMY CHORUS!!!!

wah pot to control the speed, and a switch to choose between 47pf (stock) and 98+-pF (longer delay, deeper phase).
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

$uperpuma

so THAT'S where you've been, JP :)
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

jonathan perez

dude, it took like 3 days to populate the board..... :D
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

MartyMart

Some new stuff, functional rather than "Purdy" !!!

L to R top to bottom :                 Mr Mostorto&Mosfet Boost - LA2A Lite
                               Fet Fuzz - Boss MS-10 - Andy's Lucky 7 - BSIAB II - Hidrosis Fuzz
                                                         Re -made English Channel

Close ups :

English Channel's in an old amp switch box and Boss MS-10 in a DOD box.
Couple of LED's to add, but all done and sounding GREAT :D

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

sfr

Fancy looking chrome knobs on that last one.  I got something similar, but mine are banged up brushed aluminum, and the black lines aren't filled in well.  (Futurlec - you get what you pay for, I guess.) 

I got to get me some of those hammer finish boxes, those are looking nice as well.  Where you pick those up? 

The utilitarian look is nice; and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one here who goes that route.  (Besides, people see that at the gig and *know* you made them, and then they come up to ask you questions and you get to brag)

It'd be nice if it was feasible to purchase the extrusions for amp pedals in custom lengths.  The one I have for my Crate was just a fancy extrusion for the front and back angles, and two plates slid into the top and bottom and a couple of plastic caps screwed on the end - the sort of thing where if you could get the extruded parts and the plastic caps, you could probably make a pedal any length you needed by cutting the plates and extrusion to size, and have a nicely angled pedal.
sent from my orbital space station.

AdamB

Here's what I've been up to recently;

Got a matching cabinet for my amp project, thanks to zilla music for that.

Loaded with a vintage 30 and a G12H anniversary. Sounds great, if anyones looking for a cabinet in the UK I'd definantly recommend zilla music, they're extremely helpful.

Here's my DIY wah wah, it's a v847. I actually finished this a year or so ago, but haven't had the camera to take pics with. I think I used a GGG board for it. Halo inductor, all metal film caps, the enclosure is from smallbearelec.com. True bypass, led indicator etc. This is actually for sale on ebay at the moment (shameless plug...) as I don't really use a wah very much, I just built it for the fun of building really. It does sound great, but I'm planning on getting a digitech EX-7, as it's not so much of a one-trick pony if you see what I mean, so it'll be more useful for me. But for anyone wanting a great v847 sound it's perfect.

Here's my DIY tonebender MKII, it was from a BYOC kit. I actually quite like getting those kits, as it takes out the hassle of locating parts and they are reasonably good quality. I painted it up with UV reactive pink spray paint, which is why it seems more purpley in the centre of the pictures, as the paint is reacting to the flash I think. It's got a great colour to it. The graphics are done with some banzai inkjet decal paper and just clear coated over. I used a toaster oven to warm the paint while it dried, mainly just to smooth it out rather than to harden it, it worked really well. There is actually a chip in the paint, but it's hard to see in the pictures. I accidentaly got a drop of acetone on the paint after I had finished the pedal (grr!) and it chipped the paint a little on the top right hand side, near the bend knob. The finish doesn't look quite as impressive close up in real life than in the pics, unfortunantly.

It sounds quite good, I socketed the transistors and the trimpot (I couldn't get it to bias to 4.5V with the 10k trim supplied, so I have a 100k in there at the moment). It's in positive ground config, which is quite annoying as all my other pedals are negative ground and I use a power block. Again, this is one I don't use so if anyone wants it I'm considering parting with it reasonably cheaply.

Hope nobody minds my shameless sales promoting, lol, I mean well. It's an expensive hobby, this building stuff.

-Adam
[indifferent::engine]
http://www.indifferentengine.com

MartyMart

"Moody Black" Tonepad CE-2 :

Kind of "Tolex" covered pressed steel chassis, would look great for  the "Thor" with Marshall logo !!
I have another slightly smaller too :D

The Hammerite boxes are my "easy go to" solution made by "BimBox"
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=GU62S&DOY=30m1

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

zjokka

another customized fat boostered for a friend called boat who plays in a band called MONK

how about a stompbox makin' video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPo7OiAyhk

Barcode80

sfr, you can get that hammered paint (made by krylon) at wal-mart for about 3-5 bucks. that's how i do all my hammered finishes. i don't think anyone sells them right out.

marlin

Quote from: Barcode80 on January 30, 2007, 01:41:14 PM
sfr, you can get that hammered paint (made by krylon) at wal-mart for about 3-5 bucks. that's how i do all my hammered finishes. i don't think anyone sells them right out.

Is that the kind of hammered paint you spray on, or do you use a brush?

rockgardenlove

Spray I'm quite sure.

slacker

Marty I don't suppose you can remember which size bimbox you used for the Mr Mostorto&Mosfet Boost combo?
I need a box for a 5 knobber, I normally use the folded aluminium ones like you've used for your LA lite but the bimboxes are much nicer.

MartyMart

Quote from: slacker on January 30, 2007, 03:48:22 PM
Marty I don't suppose you can remember which size bimbox you used for the Mr Mostorto&Mosfet Boost combo?
I need a box for a 5 knobber, I normally use the folded aluminium ones like you've used for your LA lite but the bimboxes are much nicer.

DCM008 size I think ... it's 15cm X 7.5cm X 4cm ..... £8.99  !!

MM.

slacker

dano12

Quote from: zjokka on January 30, 2007, 12:30:34 PM
another customized fat boostered for a friend called boat who plays in a band called MONK

Great design and cool video too.

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: zjokka on January 30, 2007, 12:30:34 PM

How about that video is AWESOME :P (and the pic too ofcourse)