SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zjokka

Quote from: dano12 on January 30, 2007, 05:08:26 PM
Quote from: zjokka on January 30, 2007, 12:30:34 PM
another customized fat boostered for a friend called boat who plays in a band called MONK
--removed pic from quote--
How about that video is AWESOME :P (and the pic too ofcourse)
how about a stompbox makin' video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPo7OiAyhk
Great design and cool video too.
[/quote]

Quote from: ponq on January 31, 2007, 04:45:50 AM
Quote from: zjokka on January 30, 2007, 12:30:34 PM
how about a stompbox makin' video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPo7OiAyhk

hey thanks guys, too kind, it's not finsihed yet.
tried filling the leaves with green paint, didn't really seem to work,
but now a day later, when I hold it to the light, it shines through at times.
Maybe more so after the clear coat. later

Of course the top left apple is going to be the red LED!!!

zj

Processaurus

This an unspecified  boutique crazy glitchy fuzz I reverse engineered, well they made easy by putting the values on the board, so i figured they wouldn't mind if  I took the liberty... Got the tiny DC jack in Japan, there's no transfer switching but it works with batteryless stompboxes.  The circuit board goes vertically and the pots are mounted to it, they're the tiny alpha's like Zvex uses in his sequencer pedals.  They feel nice and solid because theres some foam tape squishing the board and pot assembly up tight against the ceiling of the mouse house. 

Combo box that does envelope effects, uses a ross comp and slow gear together in a couple different ways.

rockgardenlove

^How about a gut shot of that fuzz?  Feel free to blank out the component values or something, I'm just interested in seeing the pots and how you mounted the board.

My box etch!  Turned out well, though some acid ate through where it shouldn't have, it still looks good IMO.  Thanks MarkM for the nice photoessay.

Pushtone

Quote from: rockgardenlove on February 03, 2007, 01:57:33 AM
^How about a gut shot of that fuzz?  Feel free to blank out the component values or something, I'm just interested in seeing the pots and how you mounted the board.

I love the little ones too. Nice!

I second the request for a gut shot of the 1590A fuzz.
I know you like to stuff your 1590As to the hilt Processaurus.
Me want to see, pleaseeees.

A better shot of the DC jack would be great too.
When I think about it, it's silly there are only two or three practical alternative DC jacks.
Any promotion of a viable DC jack would be a good thing to let out suppliers (SB) see.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

markm

Quote from: rockgardenlove on February 03, 2007, 01:57:33 AM
My box etch!  Turned out well, though some acid ate through where it shouldn't have, it still looks good IMO.  Thanks MarkM for the nice photoessay.

You are quite welcome kind Sir!
Nice work.....and BTW....I still am concerned about that udder!  ;D

sfr

Still a bit of work to do, but it's entirely functional now:

Jacks are normalized, guitar plugs in the right, amp into the left, and you run through the whole chain.  Plug into the jacks, and you can change the order of things or insert something inbetween or whatever. 

From right to left: 

effects loop bypass/line selector type thing (power/ground distribution is under here and I may put a buffer under this panel as well)
Scrambler
Mr. EQ
LPB
Dist +
Octavia
Small Clone.

Whole thing runs off of a One Spot.  (Which is a great adaptor) 

Still need to put some end blocks on it.  I had already tapped that aluminum channel for 10-32 (rack) bolts at some point, I don't remember what for (I've had the thing forever) so the spacing is a little bit wierd.  I'm working on a second one for the other half of my effects chain (the plates in that one are mostly double-sized of these because of the size of the boards and number of knobs/switches) and that one has the holes in a more sensible layout, allowing me to swap things in an easier fashion. 

Ultimately, I'm going to get this working with electronic bypass (CD4053 or similar), and add a mini toggle to each pedal, allowing me to turn multiple effects on/off with the far right box w/o patching them into the line bypass thing.  But I've just gotten so tired of running a million cables everywhere for my effects setup, so I decided to get these things in the one-unit enclosure now just so I don't have to mess with that anymore.  (Forgetting that yes, I do have enough stompswitches for this setup - because all these effects where already *in* boxes)

Best part is that it frees up a bunch of pre-drilled enclosures (with LEDs, jacks, and power adaptors still mounted!) for experimenting with new pedals! 
sent from my orbital space station.

Fuzzy-Train

^ Very, very nice man... sooooo clean.

My newest build... an EA tremolo, just finished it about 20mins ago.

I got the board from boogietube... populated by boogietube as well (once again thank you boogietube)

The enclosure was an old PC CD rom case that I cut and hammered into a smaller box (with the guidance and help of my dad... he used to be a welder and has some experience with sheet metal. I think it looks fine, but my dad said he could have done a better job if he wasn't 66 yrs old...   :icon_biggrin: he's such a perfectionist )

Had to take this one without flash because of the glare. The writing was done with sharpies, and the white part was done with a "paint pen".

It sounds great but I don't have the time right now to test it fully... I'm already late for a get together.

Thanks for looking  :icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin:
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

Antero

Quote from: dano12 on January 26, 2007, 05:26:51 PM

Does that antenna seriously work?

'cause, I'd totally love a way to flip a switch and get radio.

I guess I'm sick like that.

KerryF

Heres what I did with my life yesterday  :D.  I did a ruby inside a child robot that I found from unpacking boxes.  Its cool and working, just need to do a little bit of drilling for the things that are currently sticking out the top, and add a speaker out.  Right now its going through the robot's crappy speaker.  When I was gutting this and building the ruby, my dad thought I was making a robot that I could control to go scare him or something  ;D.

Kerry

Ronsonic

Dude, RoboAmp rocks.

He deserves a speaker out jack on the back so you can stand him on your cab.

Rock on.

Ron
http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

KerryF

^-Funny how you compliment me now Ron...  ::)

With the Roboamp, I have put the Volume pot under that flap as his "privates"  :icon_lol:.  and I am routing out space in the thigh for the input and outputs.

markm

:icon_eek:
He's.....
he's.......
....DECAPITATED!

Fuzzy-Train

LOL that's great stuff Kerry.... you should give him a speaker as a head... or if you still have the head... a speaker hat.

Wait a minute...  ??? that's a kids toy. Whats with the flap  :icon_confused: .... and what was it covering  :icon_eek:
THERE IS NO SIG.

Stuff I built!

KerryF

:D haha yea it was a children's toy.  The flap was actually going up, but I turned it over so it went down  :).  I decided to disconnect the internal speaker (sounded like buzzy, vibrating crap) and just put a speaker out.  It sounds awsome through my Avatar cab!

pedaltastic

Quote from: sfr on February 03, 2007, 04:41:01 PM
Still a bit of work to do, but it's entirely functional now:

Jacks are normalized, guitar plugs in the right, amp into the left, and you run through the whole chain.  Plug into the jacks, and you can change the order of things or insert something inbetween or whatever. 

From right to left: 

effects loop bypass/line selector type thing (power/ground distribution is under here and I may put a buffer under this panel as well)
Scrambler
Mr. EQ
LPB
Dist +
Octavia
Small Clone.

Whole thing runs off of a One Spot.  (Which is a great adaptor) 

Still need to put some end blocks on it.  I had already tapped that aluminum channel for 10-32 (rack) bolts at some point, I don't remember what for (I've had the thing forever) so the spacing is a little bit wierd.  I'm working on a second one for the other half of my effects chain (the plates in that one are mostly double-sized of these because of the size of the boards and number of knobs/switches) and that one has the holes in a more sensible layout, allowing me to swap things in an easier fashion. 

Ultimately, I'm going to get this working with electronic bypass (CD4053 or similar), and add a mini toggle to each pedal, allowing me to turn multiple effects on/off with the far right box w/o patching them into the line bypass thing.  But I've just gotten so tired of running a million cables everywhere for my effects setup, so I decided to get these things in the one-unit enclosure now just so I don't have to mess with that anymore.  (Forgetting that yes, I do have enough stompswitches for this setup - because all these effects where already *in* boxes)

Best part is that it frees up a bunch of pre-drilled enclosures (with LEDs, jacks, and power adaptors still mounted!) for experimenting with new pedals! 

You are a genius. That is totally ****** amazing!

KerryF

Near finished pictures of the RoboRuby amp.  It has a Volume Pot, Input, To Cabinet Output, DC Jack, Frontal Cover Flap  ;D, Pick Storing Arm and Leg Pockets, and Headless body.  May put a lamp indicator in it.

Kerry

Fuzzy-Train

LMAO... that's friggin' hilarious.
THERE IS NO SIG.

Stuff I built!

darron

you destroyed my pal 2! that was one of my favourite childhood toys! you monster!
next time use something a bit cuter like a furby :P http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=49577.0
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Unclerny

Uncle Ernie's Effects
One Man's Distortion is Another Man's Reality

Unclerny

Uncle Ernie's Effects
One Man's Distortion is Another Man's Reality