News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor

Simple, but efficient. My first "almost decent" boxed up pedal. A CD4049 CMOS w/ input FET buffer based OD, covers some JCM and Plexi with reasonable sounds..... and works also as a boost....

"I don't know if my mom had sex with Ted Nugent, but I feel like his son......" - Zakk Wylde

markm

Nice!
I like the border on top!  8)

QSQCaito

Quote from: Basicaudio on February 09, 2007, 11:44:15 PM

Then I have the one on my site covered in python skin...

I guess you could say that these "go to 11" because they are real snake skin...but yeah! Ratt could have used something like this. 

John

Just a doubt. was that a wild snake killed? Or someone who raises snake from baby?
D.A.C

John Lyons

I'm not quite sure... I got it from a guy on ebay who sells a lot of rattlesnake skins. Hopefully these are not just from going out and killing snakes. Maybe snakes that are killed iwandering in to urban areas etc.  Not sure...

The Python skin was 9 feet long, not sure about it either but most likely it was a wild snake, hopefully not killed for no reason.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

christobean

in many areas, rattlesnakes are over populated, so people try to rid their front yards, etc, of them for safety reasons. theres also an urban legend type thing that if you let the dead snake lay there, its mate will come and find it then defend that territory, so its risky to leave the dead ones about!

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Quote from: Victor on February 10, 2007, 06:25:58 PM

Simple, but efficient. My first "almost decent" boxed up pedal. A CD4049 CMOS w/ input FET buffer based OD, covers some JCM and Plexi with reasonable sounds..... and works also as a boost....

Very nice! Is that glitter paint or something? You just gave me an idea...  :icon_exclaim:

Victor

It's vinil adhesive..... pretty straight up........ plotter-printed!  :)

"I don't know if my mom had sex with Ted Nugent, but I feel like his son......" - Zakk Wylde

tonefreak

Nothing fancy, but I like how the powder coating turned out!

$uperpuma

that is a cool color!
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

zerohero

how did you do the labeling on the powder coating, it looks great. is it with a label maker? ive been thinking about powder coating but never decided if i should go for it.

tonefreak

Quote from: zerohero on February 11, 2007, 09:26:44 PM
how did you do the labeling on the powder coating, it looks great. is it with a label maker? ive been thinking about powder coating but never decided if i should go for it.

I use a Brother P-Touch that's compatible with the TZ-Tape.  I trim the labels as much to avoid any excess around the print... it reduces the glare off the label and makes it appear more waterslide-ish.

$uperpuma

is that the granny smith green?
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

tonefreak

Quote from: $uperpuma on February 12, 2007, 12:40:54 AM
is that the granny smith green?

Yup!!  Different and the pics really don't do is justice.  The orange LEDs adds a nice contrast!

toneman

Here's a Ring Modulator Clone with Sting!!
Been working on this for a year!

Almost done with final testing.
Stock Hammond paint.
Decals Decals Decals  (inkjet + Krylon Clear)

8)

• SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

jlullo

Quote from: toneman on February 12, 2007, 12:47:05 AM

Here's a Ring Modulator Clone with Sting!!
Been working on this for a year!

Almost done with final testing.
Stock Hammond paint.
Decals Decals Decals  (inkjet + Krylon Clear)

8)

wow.. that's absolutely amazing

Antero

Holy crap! 

For the love of god, man, give us clips or something!

Laus

oh my...you must like ring-modulators a lot! Do you think you will ever find THE sound again when the knobs were turned? Looks very cool!

Recently finished my lowride(the one on the left):

The Lowride is a BassDrive/Sparkle drive clone with some extra switching options. The other 2 are a Bazz fuzz and a AMZ Mosfet boost.
Thanx to the people here to help me out. I feel I am getting some experience now!

Next step would be to get some experience in making decals and paintings on 'em.
Damn I love my pedals...

Sody54

Boxed up my FIRST working build tonight.  It's a Gus Smalley NPN Booster.  I added a DPDT with 2 sockets so I could switch between a 2222 and a 5088.    Kind of wishing I'd have painted it a different color now, so I could use a sharpie to label it.  Oh well....have to grab the labeler at work tomorrow night.  It sounds PERFECT through my MusicMan '65 reverb half stack!  the only change I'd like to make is the location of the jacks.  I don't have any 90deg plugs right now and the 2 straight lines are REALLY in the way! lol

Brian

qwixzh

my first etched chassis... GT2 clone

still waiting for the knobs i ordered from smallbear...

rockgardenlove