SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ejbasses

Quote from: qwixzh on February 12, 2007, 03:36:55 AM
my first etched chassis... GT2 clone

still waiting for the knobs i ordered from smallbear...

Astig pare!
Four Strings To Rule Them All And In The Darkness Bind Them

phaseman

Quote from: qwixzh on February 12, 2007, 03:36:55 AM
my first etched chassis... GT2 clone

Really coool!!! :D The etching work  is much better then mine. I  didn't want mine to be so shallow, but in the end, it turned out ok.
Where did you find the schematic&layout for GT2?

Here's my first etched enclosure. I've just finished it. Actually, I've built the Ross Compressor few months a go, but boxed it last night.

Here;s my Ruby practise amp too  ;D.

Very useful little gadget...

mongo

Quote from: toneman on February 12, 2007, 12:47:05 AM

Here's a Ring Modulator Clone with Sting!!
Been working on this for a year!

Almost done with final testing.
Stock Hammond paint.
Decals Decals Decals  (inkjet + Krylon Clear)

8)

this is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen!!! well, maybe not but it's GREAT anyway!
Andy

KerryF

Quote from: phaseman on February 12, 2007, 12:34:35 PM
Here's my first etched enclosure. I've just finished it. Actually, I've built the Ross Compressor few months a go, but boxed it last night.

Is it just me, or is that totally NOT etched?  ???

slacker

toneman that ring mod is amazing, any chance of some guts shots  ;D

Almost too embarrassed to post these now but here goes. It's a modded Superfuzz that I boxed up at the weekend. For the finish I can't decide whether to try a saltwater etch or go Jackson Pollock on its ass.
No LED yet, I can't decide if it needs one.

And a guts shot. The plastic bag is just temporary until I fix the board in properly.

phaseman

Quote from: call1800ksmyazz on February 12, 2007, 03:53:32 PM
Quote from: phaseman on February 12, 2007, 12:34:35 PM

Is it just me, or is that totally NOT etched?  ???

>:( well, the enclosure is not made of aluminum, so I think that the Ferric Chloride didn't do the job properly. The traces are shallow, I didn't paint them and they're barely visible, yes,
but the box was etched.... Here is a zoom in :

..... hope that the next 1 turns out better....

darron

the box is not aluminium? i'd say it is... what do you think that it is? etching looks like that when it's not very deep. it looks like that in the stage before it goes that burnt looking black. it's such a detailed and light graphic that you have there that it even looks like it's been laser engraved! hehe (:

i've had some turn out like that when i was mixing the ferric chloride myself. if you are using bought liquid then go a bit longer until it starts going black i guess, but try not to go for so long where you start getting those spots and the images widens up too much/
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

sfr

Quote from: slacker on February 12, 2007, 03:56:16 PM
Almost too embarrassed to post these now but here goes. It's a modded Superfuzz that I boxed up at the weekend. For the finish I can't decide whether to try a saltwater etch or go Jackson Pollock on its ass.
No LED yet, I can't decide if it needs one.

Been my experience that if you can't tell if a Superfuzz is on w/o an LED, there's something horribly wrong with your rig.  ;)   That said, there's something incredibly satisfying about having as many LEDs as you can on your rig. 
sent from my orbital space station.

KerryF

Sorry phaseman now I see.  I never said it was a bad job or anything, just looked like stickers because of those boarder type things around the etched places.  But its an awsome design  :)

phaseman

Quote from: darron on February 12, 2007, 07:13:25 PM
the box is not aluminium? i'd say it is... what do you think that it is? etching looks like that when it's not very deep. it looks like that in the stage before it goes that burnt looking black. it's such a detailed and light graphic that you have there that it even looks like it's been laser engraved! hehe (:

i've had some turn out like that when i was mixing the ferric chloride myself. if you are using bought liquid then go a bit longer until it starts going black i guess, but try not to go for so long where you start getting those spots and the images widens up too much/

I would say that the box is iron, it's not soft at all, there was a little corrosion (inside) when I bought it (and you can't find corrosion on aluminum  ;D) .
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/markoph/RossBoxBefore.jpg

As for acid, I did use bought liquid but when I checked
the box after 6 minutes (or so) of etching, the toner was almost of, so I took it out. I think that I didn't do the transferring  job well....
That never happened to me when I etched PCBs. It's different thing with copper...

Quote from: call1800ksmyazz on February 12, 2007, 08:21:50 PM
Sorry phaseman now I see.  I never said it was a bad job or anything, just looked like stickers because of those boarder type things around the etched places.  But its an awsome design  :)

Thanx, it's ok. You're right, it does look like a sticker  :D (from far). 

tcobretti

How did you drill an iron box?  Was it tough?

John Lyons

Pretty sure that box is stainless steel. You won't find many iron boxes (if at all).

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

phaseman

Quote from: tcobretti on February 12, 2007, 08:40:05 PM
How did you drill an iron box?  Was it tough?

It wasn't  tough. Although, it would be much easier with aluminum... 

Quote from: Basicaudio on February 12, 2007, 09:00:39 PM
Pretty sure that box is stainless steel. You won't find many iron boxes (if at all).

John

Probably, I'm  not good in identifying these... other than aluminum, thanx.

jlullo

regardless, i really like it!  it does look laser engraved!

markm

John

I knew a girl in High School we used to call "Iron-Box" but, that's a different story!  :icon_lol:
Anyway, that is a good looking enclosure.

jlullo

Quote from: markm on February 12, 2007, 09:14:40 PM
John

I knew a girl in High School we used to call "Iron-Box" but, that's a different story!  :icon_lol:
Anyway, that is a good looking enclosure.

haha

slacker

Quote from: sfr on February 12, 2007, 07:48:04 PM
Been my experience that if you can't tell if a Superfuzz is on w/o an LED, there's something horribly wrong with your rig.  ;)   

exactly  :icon_mrgreen:

shooter_mi

My first project, my first post. Tim Escobedo's Jawari. I used Paul Marossy's fabric covering technique. I appreciate the contributions of both these guys. I like the way this circuit can go from a close approximation of a sitar to a real casio-tone synth sound with a few dial twirls.

big bustle