News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big bustle

woah! looks great!

how did you get the fabrics to stay and stick?

shooter_mi

Quote from: fucdemas on February 13, 2007, 10:41:59 AM
woah! looks great!

how did you get the fabrics to stay and stick?

Thanks! I'm pleased with it for a first attempt. For the covering, I followed the technique linked to in this thread:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=27964.0

John Lyons

This is a similar techniqe as the fabric covering above as used on the tweed amps and luggage of years past.
Wood box, Tweed amp covering, wood glue, tinted shellac and polyurathane.
It's an Easyvibe by the way.

Nice box shooter_mi ! Dig that patern...

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

phaseman

Quote from: shooter_mi on February 13, 2007, 08:51:17 AM
My first project, my first post. Tim Escobedo's Jawari. I used Paul Marossy's fabric covering technique. I appreciate the contributions of both these guys. I like the way this circuit can go from a close approximation of a sitar to a real casio-tone synth sound with a few dial twirls.

It's fantastic!!! I love the design on the pedal! 
I've been "dieing" to build Jawari (it ought to be my first project too) but I can't find transformer in my country  :-\ , and can't find the way to pay
for the order to Small Bear el....   

Anyways, great looking box!

tjcombs

Quote from: markm on February 12, 2007, 09:14:40 PM
I knew a girl in High School we used to call "Iron-Box" but, that's a different story!  :icon_lol:
Anyway, that is a good looking enclosure.

was SHE a good looking enclosure?
Pedals Built - MXR Dist + / WY Harmonics Booster preamp / Rebote 2.5 / Ruby / Rangemaster
Next Project - Some sort of tube amp or mic preamp maybe?????
www.myspace.com/glorynights

QSQCaito

Quote from: tjcombs on February 13, 2007, 08:44:10 PM
I knew a girl in High School we used to call "Iron-Box" but, that's a different story!  :icon_lol:

My Bluesbreaker is ugly as only itself could be, and sounds super duper awesome, does it apply to ladies too?
D.A.C

Apehouse

Quote from: shooter_mi on February 13, 2007, 08:51:17 AM
My first project, my first post. Tim Escobedo's Jawari. I used Paul Marossy's fabric covering technique. I appreciate the contributions of both these guys. I like the way this circuit can go from a close approximation of a sitar to a real casio-tone synth sound with a few dial twirls.

Quote from: Basicaudio on February 13, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

This is a similar techniqe as the fabric covering above as used on the tweed amps and luggage of years past.
Wood box, Tweed amp covering, wood glue, tinted shellac and polyurathane.
It's an Easyvibe by the way.

Nice box shooter_mi ! Dig that patern...

John

Wow! i like both of these ALOT. Great job, guys!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music" -Aldous Huxley

markm

Love the Tweed John!!

Quote from: tjcombs on February 13, 2007, 08:44:10 PM

Yes.....VERY!  :icon_biggrin:

Duggyrocks

Here is an a/b selector housed in a dano fab OD, my first project.

Yeah, even I don't know how I managed to squash in three jacks side by side.

funkbass187

Atari punk console modded with switchable LDRs and mounted in a clock radio from the 70s or 80s...

AMZ Mosfet booster...

"some men see things as they are and ask why... i dream things that never were and ask 'Y NOT'"

Duggyrocks

That clock looks awesome man, very nice.

funkbass187

thanks!

i'm also thinking of putting some LEDs inside of it so the clear front panel will show the colors when its on.
"some men see things as they are and ask why... i dream things that never were and ask 'Y NOT'"

big bustle

i'm also thinking of putting some LEDs inside of it so the clear front panel will show the colors when its on.
[/quote]

YOU HAVE TO! this is close to godliness. ;D  :)  :icon_mrgreen:  :icon_eek: :icon_surprised:

wire up the led display on the front to rock with the circuit. i hope you don't mind but i am TOTALLY STEALING THIS IDEA! :icon_mrgreen:
seriously this is amazing. i put it up the gearpron.com blog

funkbass187

that's fine with me. i'm just flattered that you think its such a good idea. I don't know if i can get anything to make the display light up, but i'm gonna go try and get some LEDs inside of it.

Barcode80

you should be able to decipher which pins of the ribbon cable attached to that display light up each segment, fun stuff. i've had similar ideas myself for putting text indicators instead of led's (like showing "A" or "B" or "AB" on an LED display on a line selector instead of using a separate LED for each).

funkbass187

i ripped out the lcd display when i was taking everything out, i could put it back in and figure out how to illuminate each segment, but i still have no idea how to make something that would change with the pitch of the sound.

Barcode80

well, just ask. in a separate thread, of course :)

darron

here's something crazy:

it's a prototype box... in life it looks a lot cooler. basically i used this box to test out different sand papers, paints, grinders, buffers.... it's got layers of etch primer, cream paint, course gouged sanding, fine sanding, and one side if buffered to a mirror finish. it's been sprayed and sanded so many times that the smooth corners have been turned to a jagged point.

it looks pretty fricken cool. all it's missing is some ferric chloride stains, but you could save that for labeling. what to do with it. hmm..
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

zjokka

funkbass, that is one funky retro enclosure. love that.

anyways -- here's my Umble, a real Dumble Ripoff. I really hope he's gonna sue me now and call me for coffee first. He probably didn't even have it copyrighted. It's some Shakespeare font and the famous 'Computer' font.

I had a lot of trouble getting it right because I tried to tune it with gain maxxed, don't do that. Also used a 2N5457 in Q1 and J201 for the rest. I also put a built report on my blog site.

zj

markm

zjokka,
That does look good!