SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan perez

marshall style jacks, right?

Aron sells them.
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

cheeb

Well here's my first ever build. It's a volume selector by Paul J. Morossy. The sweep of a normal volume pedal annoys me, so this was perfect for jumping into a lead volume from a rhythm volume. I beat it up and poked holes in the transfer and other atrocities to get the "distressed" look. I wanted it to look like a relic from the old west or something. My pots are off-center because I got in a hurry to finish it before my girlfriend got home from work.   ::) 

Duggyrocks

Wow, first build? That looks awesome man.

Barcode80

i'm not positive, but i don't think the marshall style jacks on aron's site match those. i could be mistaken, but aren't aron's the kind with the metal bushing on the stem that screws into the inside of the jack? i know you can get the ones like this with the plastic nut on the effects connection site.

strangerock

here's my recently finished babyhead filter.
it a bassballs/greenringer/phase 45 with a buff-n-blend
spitter and 9v power supply added. totally stuffed. 
i copied the painting from the artist ambdul mati klarwein.
it sound totally funkadelic.

JimRayden

Quote from: Barcode80 on February 17, 2007, 04:55:31 PM
i'm not positive, but i don't think the marshall style jacks on aron's site match those. i could be mistaken, but aren't aron's the kind with the metal bushing on the stem that screws into the inside of the jack? i know you can get the ones like this with the plastic nut on the effects connection site.

Nope, I'm pretty positive they're the same kind.

These are my favourites. I like the feel of 'em and they are very easy to work with.

--------
Jimbo

Victor

My Dr. Boogie, or at least, the box that will be used for it. Drilling will happen tomorrow, and some corrective painting, final adjustments, etc.... sorry for the bad pic, I really need to know how to photograph well (or maybe change the cam :P )

"I don't know if my mom had sex with Ted Nugent, but I feel like his son......" - Zakk Wylde

choklitlove

my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

Processaurus

Quote from: strangerock on February 17, 2007, 05:09:42 PM
here's my recently finished babyhead filter.
it a bassballs/greenringer/phase 45 with a buff-n-blend
spitter and 9v power supply added. totally stuffed. 
i copied the painting from the artist ambdul mati klarwein.
it sound totally funkadelic.

Wow, thats a really unique combination, i'd like to hear that.  I love the jumbo LED too, I've used a couple of those in battery-less pedals, they look like electric jelly bellies

Victor

Quote from: choklitlove on February 17, 2007, 07:00:03 PM
Quote from: Victor on February 17, 2007, 05:27:57 PM

how'd you do the white letters?  looks nice.

actually, it's not white, but yellow (matching the color used on Road King front panel lettering, just a little brighter)......white vinil adhesive, template made on Corel, plotter printed :)

the pic doesn't show all the details....... :/

"I don't know if my mom had sex with Ted Nugent, but I feel like his son......" - Zakk Wylde

Duggyrocks

I made the template in MS Word, got it right after a little trial and error, then added the colouring and text. The picture doesn't show it too well (it's a scan  :P), but it fades from dark to light.

cbriere

looks close,
but sound same,
use 2n5087 insteed of germ, wow really good

Duggyrocks

Pics not working for me.

JimRayden

Quote from: Duggyrocks on February 18, 2007, 07:48:13 AM
I made the template in MS Word, got it right after a little trial and error, then added the colouring and text. The picture doesn't show it too well (it's a scan  :P), but it fades from dark to light.

By the way, the LED holder's plastic part comes off to fit the LED inside. :D

---------
Jimbo

Duggyrocks

Yeah, somebody just told me that the byoc forum, it's fixed now thanks.

jonathan perez

i got a couple Jumbo LEDs...gonna use em pretty soon, ill post my last builds in a week or so.
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

choklitlove

a few that i've been working on lately:

ruby:

http://geocities.com/worthekik/radioamp.html

jawari:

sonic boomer (will have a snare circuit in the left side):
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

$uperpuma

I really should build something...:) you guys are making it vivid that I am slacking....
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Barcode80

a few pics of my latest build. technically, just a rehouse of a crybaby into a static control pedal. true bypass with LED of course. I took these before i added some very nice looking lettering but the digicam is on the fritz now and i can't take more pics with the lettering on.

jayp5150

I haven't finished anything in forever, it seems...

I just finished the EA Trem the other day for my cousin.  The watermelon theme started as a joke, cause I told him I had green and pink paint, so I could paint it like a watermelon, then he came up with the "Wateremolo" thing.  I love this circuit, btw.  I have to build me one now.

The finish is brush-on acrylic with a spray acrylic enamel clear.  It took WAY too long... 5 coats of light green (wouldn't cover well), and then the stripes, labels, and 4 coats of clear.