Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g3rmanium

Call me Johann.

alderbody

Quote from: g3rmanium on March 19, 2007, 05:57:42 AM
Mini buffer case:

i use the same box for my Vibrato switch...

nice boxes, but a bit harder to drill compared to the typical Hammond-like.

I used a different size for a buffer:

alderbody

Pedal storage has become an issue, so:

g3rmanium

Quote from: alderbody on March 19, 2007, 06:25:54 AM
nice boxes, but a bit harder to drill compared to the typical Hammond-like.

Hm, my drill holes looked nice.
Call me Johann.

phaseman

Quote from: ambulancevoice on March 18, 2007, 12:51:40 AM
yay! i can see a millenium bypass! haha
has anyone every tried this bypass circuit
it seems like it works well and it looks really simple
http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/Buffers%20Switchers%20Mixers%20and%20Routers/DPDT%20TB%20w%20LED.gif
yet another use for a 2N3904

well, I haven't tried that 1, this is what I use:

This circuit uses Jfet, and I think it's actually called "millenium bypass 2"... It works just perfect (every time  :D). Usually I add it on the efects pcb, but sometimes 
I build 2 separate boards.
Here is the link for the pcb in PDF format (for transfer) :
http://www.box.net/shared/l1j52jhlj3

Marko

Seljer

heres my millenium bypass layout I made for just filling space when printing out transfers:

left are the wires to the rest of the circuit, bottom is the LED
I think its simple enough to work out the placement for the rest of the components

the resistors and such aren't flat down but I was going for making it as small as possible

phaseman

yap!
it would be like this :

Marko

dxm1

A few of my latest.

Tremulus Lune

Bosstone

Parallel Universe

Processaurus

Quote from: g3rmanium on March 19, 2007, 05:57:42 AM
Mini buffer case:

Hey I have a couple of those NEMA bud boxes.  They're a pain because of the 2 channels that take up space, and the little bosses for mounting grounding screws.  I built a scrambler into one though, here it is before the board went in:

That is the LED sticking out of the channel.  Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished thing (it was so cute,man), it ended up a present to an intern that recorded our record.  The pot on the side got switched with the DC jack for some reason. 

I used one of those boxes as a breakout box for a poor man's pedal snake too, perfect size for that.

DXM1, I sure like the one red knob on your parallel universe. 

Yep, "The man with one red knob"

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

zjokka

Ruby Amp built onto a vintage 1966 tape recorder speaker. Powers up when plugged into.
Some temporary tape work until I find my tiny screws back and the right battery holder comes in.
This thing is loud!

Had this on the shelf for soo long, the opamp was bad!
great build, everyone indeed needs one.

zj

ambulancevoice

yeh ok ill try that bypass circuit
im buying some 2n3904's soon anyway
ill tell you's how it works out
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Hanglow

These are all so good, mine all look a bit pants at the moment.

I put a Ruby in my park amp, also tried it with a "vintage" 1950's 8"speaker from an old tube radio I found, but I prefered the park speaker.

I'm wanting to water/beer proof the park cabinet for going camping with, if I ever get round to it I'll post some pictures. I've got a torn goretex jacket that I was thinking of using for speaker grill cloth. but I'll probably just end up using copious quantities of gaffer tape instead :icon_neutral:

coffyrock

if you water-proof the speaker cabinet how will it push any air? ???
If water can't get in, sound will have a hard time getting out, i think?

please correct me if I am wrong.
Built so far: ROG Ruby, matching pair of LPB2s, Mr. Clean, Easy Drive,
Next up: Bazz Fuss, ROG Grace Overdrive, Smashdrive.

John Lyons

My thoughts as well. There is no way to waterproff an amp. Just keep it out of direrct rain and moisture and you will be fine.
ANything you can breath through with noticing a difference over your mouth will be fine for a speaker gril cloth. Anything that impeades your breathing will change the sound.

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Barcode80

actually, you could parafin coat the cone itself, and that would waterproof it with minimal sound dampening. then just get some rubber weatherstripping for nooks and crannies

Hanglow

well not waterproof, more splash proof/resistant.

Obviously it can't be completely waterproofed, but I wouldn't want to take it in its current state camping in scotland. So thought I'd reuse some old bits of breathable jacket to fashion some kind of protection. I have yet to think it through, but it would be a shame to just throw out a once £200 jacket (this is the tight fisted scotsman in me coming out again) :icon_mrgreen: There could be some poppers in use for the speaker grill perhaps.

I also have a load of pertex towels that I might use instead, just need to get some wash in or spray on waterproofing.

Anyway, back to all those great pictures of stompboxes I think

Torchy

Use the Goretex to make an amp cover, with flap to cover the speaker & baffle. Add a bit velcro.

Or are you going to play under a waterfall ?

Hanglow

Waterfall, no, although with the weather we have on the west coast it could approach that  ;D

Velcro, now theres an idea.

xshredx

My last one...  relay controlled volume pedal... sits in effects loop of the amplifier, and is used to switch between normal volume and solo volume. Can be switched with the switch on the pedal, as well as plugging in another latching footswitch (to keep this box close to the amplifier, but the switching on the pedalboard)

Painted by a friend...