News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MannyM

Hi am new to this forum and want to know if its ok to submit a drawing I mad of a stomp box for I have yet to finish the real thing??.I hope this goes to the right section of the forum.
Thanks..
Manny

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Lodir on June 24, 2007, 06:56:14 PM

a bass distortion for my friend based on a guv'nor schem

swwweeeeetttttttt!!!!!!!!!!
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Lodir

Quote from: ambulancevoice on June 24, 2007, 07:58:28 PM
swwweeeeetttttttt!!!!!!!!!!
thanx.
he just wanted the red pentagram, but I thought it would be too dull. He loves it like this  :D

MarcoMike

hey, qwixzh, very nice envelope filter! how did you make the graphic?

and I finally made it! I haven't tried it yet (only through my stereo, no amps left at home...)

as usual, sorry for the bad reso. my web space is quite stingy...
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

qwixzh

Quote from: MarcoMike on June 25, 2007, 04:16:00 AM
hey, qwixzh, very nice envelope filter! how did you make the graphic?

thanks marco! graphics are water-slide decals.

Barcode80

my latest etch. none of the etches i've done have come out as great as my first one, but they are getting better...

it will house a bluesbreaker circuit.

phaseman

Hi guys! I've finally reboxed my Tube Screamer!   :icon_biggrin:

...and not so neat guts :

Many thanx to Basic Audio for tutorial on shielding plastic and wooden boxes.

regards
Marko

Nikolay

A simple guitar buffer based on opa134 opamp:

smnm

Quote from: MannyM on June 24, 2007, 07:37:48 PM
Hi am new to this forum and want to know if its ok to submit a drawing I mad of a stomp box for I have yet to finish the real thing??.I hope this goes to the right section of the forum.

Hi - this thread is mainly for finished pedals but you could just post a design - nobody would mind!

Is that what you mean?

michal_k

Quote from: phaseman on June 26, 2007, 08:27:13 AM
Hi guys! I've finally reboxed my Tube Screamer!   :icon_biggrin:

Many thanx to Basic Audio for tutorial on shielding plastic and wooden boxes.
regards
Marko

amazing wooden box! i love that details around switches...

rasco22862

Do you have a volume drop?

beatstrat

Quote from: goosonique on June 01, 2007, 05:08:12 AM
OD/Dist with five way selector for three od types and two dist types .....basic diode type selection  :icon_biggrin:

I dig this one; very hip looking.

Ben N

Quote from: qwixzh on June 24, 2007, 07:04:37 PM
here's my  newest, an envelope filter.

That is beautiful, and very compact, too.
  • SUPPORTER

Hanglow

:'( :'( :icon_mad:

arrrghghhhhh

just did this one. Forgot to trim the corners  :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: Have allready put eight coats or so of clear coat over it. I don't know if I have the will to redo it, finishing doesn't amuse me at all.

It looks great by the way, the picture doesn't do it justice at all. The top looks completely 3D when you see it in person, it looks like the lettering is floating about 1 cm or so above the back ground. Loads of depth to it. Which I wasn't expecting. I really need a new camera - obviously that won't help with the 3d part of it, but it might look a bit better.

DWBH

How'd you do that?? Awsome work.

Hanglow

Just sanded the box to get it nice and shiny, then printed the design onto transparent paper, then paint over with clear spray paint.

The image is just something I pinched off deviant art  :icon_redface: the lettering was white so the aluminium would show through.

Barcode80

Quote from: Hanglow on June 28, 2007, 05:49:22 AM
:'( :'( :icon_mad:

arrrghghhhhh

just did this one. Forgot to trim the corners  :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: Have allready put eight coats or so of clear coat over it. I don't know if I have the will to redo it, finishing doesn't amuse me at all.

It looks great by the way, the picture doesn't do it justice at all. The top looks completely 3D when you see it in person, it looks like the lettering is floating about 1 cm or so above the back ground. Loads of depth to it. Which I wasn't expecting. I really need a new camera - obviously that won't help with the 3d part of it, but it might look a bit better.

are you using the screw on part for the top? doesn't that make your enclosure look odd (assuming it is a hammond, they have a slight slant to the sides)

Hanglow

No it's not a hammond box, the holes go straight through and the lid is as you would normally have it on the other side.

ambulancevoice

yeah, i hate those hole in the corners of the box
we have them here, inside them it says "soanar" which is some electronics company
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

MarcoMike

Here they are: a couple of new builds:

I really like this one (its sound). Can you guess its content?  ;D

and a humble distortion minus, my least favourite pedal so far... it sounds too harsh! but it gives colour to the pedalboar, so it stays!
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.