News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecua

Quote from: Barcode80 on July 16, 2007, 01:23:52 AM
it's just because you veterans have done all the hard experimentation work for us!

+1 yup, and we are grateful with that ;)

Dragonfly

Quote from: Pushtone on July 16, 2007, 01:54:25 AM

Always wanted to do one with knobs on the side.
Fox Tone Machine with GGG PCB and star ground.
Had to cut the board down and loose one ground trace side to fit between the switches.

I think the Scrambler sounds better.  :icon_sad:

I always liked putting the knobs on the side too. Ive done MANY builds that way. Keeps 'em out of the way of my big feet !

Nice looking build...i dig the yellow !

Dragonfly

Quote from: Barcode80 on July 16, 2007, 01:23:52 AM
it's just because you veterans have done all the hard experimentation work for us!

nah...i learn new stuff all the time from new guys who just :"throw themselves" at the circuits.

Dragonfly

This is still one of my favorite builds i've done...i totally dig the little turret board. I'm getting ready to do some more of them !

ambulancevoice

i dont know why, but i love point to point
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

zeta55

Dragonfly, that's a beuty.

/Krister
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

John Lyons

Pushtone

One way you can get those LEDs down to the surface a bit (if you want to) is to get a #10 nut and drill it out to fit the LED. Then hot glue the LED inside the nut and then through the box top. They stick up right about to the top of the box... Poor mans LED bezel I guess.
I liked the sound of the FOXX TM as a fuzz. The ocatve was odd to me though...maybe just a funky old version though as it was an original form many years ago.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Barcode80

Quote from: John Lyons on July 16, 2007, 11:36:51 AM

Pushtone

One way you can get those LEDs down to the surface a bit (if you want to) is to get a #10 nut and drill it out to fit the LED. Then hot glue the LED inside the nut and then through the box top. They stick up right about to the top of the box... Poor mans LED bezel I guess.
I liked the sound of the FOXX TM as a fuzz. The ocatve was odd to me though...maybe just a funky old version though as it was an original form many years ago.

John

i've been mounting LEDs flush with the surface  for a while now, the way i do it is to use my unibit to drill, but stop just before i break to the other side. i do this in steps on the unibit until the INSIDE diameter fits the LED and the next smaller step on the bit is just about to be whittled out.. if done properly, you have routed a mounting hole for the LED. then i just use some good glue on the inside of the hole, and PRESTO! LED flush with the surface.

foxfire

my first pedal that is worth looking at,

i owe a lot of you many thanks for helping me get this one done. i mean it i got a ton of help from this site and you the people on it. oh and pedal parts plus for the nice paint job.

jonathan perez

Quote from: John Lyons on July 16, 2007, 11:36:51 AM

Pushtone
John

i really like that...knobs on the side, very very coooll...
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

sengo

This is my first pedal that I have truly finished, it's the only one I have that isn't just gray primer.

By sengo, shot with KODAK DX7630 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-07-16

It's an EA Tremolo with the constant current depth mod. The inside is still a mess, I'm working on cleaning it up. I made quite a few little mistakes, and the pedal has several blemishes, but I can live with that. The decal is from a section of Cream' "Wheels of Fire". All in all, I think it's a pretty good first attempt with the water slide decal paper.

Nick

goosonique

I love having knobs on the side as it gives possibilities to tweak using you feet easier ....

...putting a speed knob for a tremolo type on the side better than tap tempo IMO...quick glide to desired tempo  :icon_biggrin:
<((one man with courage makes a majority))>

Dragonfly

Quote from: goosonique on July 16, 2007, 11:44:08 PM
I love having knobs on the side as it gives possibilities to tweak using you feet easier ....

...putting a speed knob for a tremolo type on the side better than tap tempo IMO...quick glide to desired tempo  :icon_biggrin:

its funny because i "personally" prefer them on the side, but every time ive built pedals to "sell" with knobs on the sides, 9 out of 10 people ask if i can move them to the top !   ::)

Barcode80

my latest. i'll post a build report in a minute. it is a red fuzz (thanks to everyone who recommended, i'll be building lots of this one! sounds great) with an added clean blend because it is for a bass player. the guy's name is jason dietz, thus the name of the pedal. wiring isn't as neat as i wanted, but not bad considering i removed and replaced like 5 circuits in there before i decided on the red fuzz.

bumblebee

My latest,a foxx tone machine.
No decal yet,i need to design something for it.

Green LED = Fuzz / Blue LED = Octave fuzz.
Surprisingly it worked first shot,it sounds sick as well!

I used Bc108c's (hfe 500+) cause i didnt have any matched 2n3565s,  :icon_mrgreen:

freddd

bumblebee

heres an inside pic:

michal_k

Quote from: sengo on July 16, 2007, 10:52:23 PM
This is my first pedal that I have truly finished, it's the only one I have that isn't just gray primer.

It's an EA Tremolo with the constant current depth mod. The inside is still a mess, I'm working on cleaning it up. I made quite a few little mistakes, and the pedal has several blemishes, but I can live with that. The decal is from a section of Cream' "Wheels of Fire". All in all, I think it's a pretty good first attempt with the water slide decal paper.

Nick

i love finish of that one, is it a decal?

Bornhorst

Quote from: remmelt on July 05, 2007, 09:07:40 AM

Great job here!!!

What brand / type of green LED are you using?
I've been trying to find the same color for one of my builds.
It kind of reminds me of the LEDs on the PlayStation 2...

Dragonfly

Quote from: michal_k on July 17, 2007, 07:38:18 AM
Quote from: sengo on July 16, 2007, 10:52:23 PM
The decal is from a section of Cream' "Wheels of Fire".

Nick

i love finish of that one, is it a decal?

;)