News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoMike

here's my EA-trem, first built, last boxed (re-boxed)
My first intention was to etch it, but I didn't like the result. so I just reversed the image (negative), toner-transfered and painted with clear spray-paint. I'm really surprised by the result... the black is definetly BLACK, dark black!  ;D
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Dragonfly

Quote from: MarcoMike on July 17, 2007, 12:30:49 PM
here's my EA-trem, first built, last boxed (re-boxed)
My first intention was to etch it, but I didn't like the result. so I just reversed the image (negative), toner-transfered and painted with clear spray-paint. I'm really surprised by the result... the black is definetly BLACK, dark black!  ;D

Nice !  The graphics look GREAT !

Cutting it close on the switch though ! ;)

sengo

Quotei love finish of that one, is it a decal?

Thank you, it's a water slide decal from Small Bear.

Nick

momiel

Quote from: foxfire on July 16, 2007, 07:00:39 PM
my first pedal that is worth looking at,

i owe a lot of you many thanks for helping me get this one done. i mean it i got a ton of help from this site and you the people on it. oh and pedal parts plus for the nice paint job.

What have you used for the lettering? Decals?
I'm planning of painting 2 boxes with grey hammered paint, and I was just thinking about lettering... good work!!!
I'm sorry but my English sucks!

Freaking with real fuzz boxes...

foxfire

it's just a full face water slide decal.

momiel

Quote from: foxfire on July 17, 2007, 03:51:50 PM
it's just a full face water slide decal.

With clear spray? How does the hammered paint look behind the decal?

I'm sorry but my English sucks!

Freaking with real fuzz boxes...

foxfire

i used krylon satin clear spray on this one and the decal is fine over the hammer tone. if you squeegee it you shouldn't get air pockets. i used  this stuff also, http://www.papilio.com/inkjet%20decal%20mounting%20fluid.html.

John Lyons

Here is my latest pedal. A runoffgroove.com Omega

Spalted Bubinga with Oak sides.

Nice sounding variable booster.

John

[/b]
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

bioroids

Well this is my first post to this great thread! Finally I've been able to make something for me. It turned out pretty crappy, but well, it works anyway!

The box used to be a CD drive which I smashed with a hammer into a pedal! I used it first for another effect, so there are some unused holes that I had to cover with rubber and paint.

Regards

Miguel
Eramos tan pobres!

Baziiil

Quote from: bioroids on July 17, 2007, 08:03:37 PM
Well this is my first post to this great thread! Finally I've been able to make something for me. It turned out pretty crappy, but well, it works anyway!

The box used to be a CD drive which I smashed with a hammer into a pedal! I used it first for another effect, so there are some unused holes that I had to cover with rubber and paint.

Regards

Miguel

Is that Woody Allen on the box ?

bioroids

Quote from: Baziiil on July 17, 2007, 08:09:37 PM
Is that Woody Allen on the box ?

Yes, that's Woody Allen! The pics are lousy but in the pedal looks good.

Regards
Eramos tan pobres!

Processaurus

John, that might be my favorite woody yet!  Do you reinforce the footswitch area with anything?  A luthier I know made wood pedal case that I did the electronics for, and we were both paranoid it would break eventually. 

Dave_B

Help build our Wiki!

Shakal

My ROSS COMPRESSOR!

ISN'T THE WORST PEDAL U'VE EVER SEEN?

Look at the Design... it's ultra-futuristic, easy-recycable also.

Man, this Battery-changing-system is the innovation of the year, I got a patent*.

*U can copy, I do allow you. I just want you to put my name on the pedal, for commercial purposes, cuz i'm selling this *%&#.

LOOLLL! Its fun isn't it? Everyone I show the pedal to laughs and says "What a garbage! This sh*t works?" Well it worked. My last modification just ruined the things out, I'm still searching for the problem.

The good news is that I made a metal case for it...YA! I MADE! -(OK, my grandpa helped a little bit... (OK OK he did almost everything but I helped))- Its all steel, way better than this hard-paper one on the pictures, it's almost pro! I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

See ya!

RaceDriver205

Yep, thats the worst pedal ive ever seen  ;)

g.

the latest stomps,
small tube preamps :

12AX7 (150v)

2x6AK5 (12v, starved)

EF86 (150v)

best
g.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: sengo on July 16, 2007, 10:52:23 PM
This is my first pedal that I have truly finished, it's the only one I have that isn't just gray primer.

By sengo, shot with KODAK DX7630 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-07-16

By sengo, shot with KODAK DX7630 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-07-16

It's an EA Tremolo with the constant current depth mod. The inside is still a mess, I'm working on cleaning it up. I made quite a few little mistakes, and the pedal has several blemishes, but I can live with that. The decal is from a section of Cream' "Wheels of Fire". All in all, I think it's a pretty good first attempt with the water slide decal paper.

Nick

WOW!!!! i love that decal!!!
whats even better is, as soon as i saw this, an electric wizard song came on :D
wizard in black to be specific
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Shakal on July 18, 2007, 12:22:30 AM
My ROSS COMPRESSOR!

ISN'T THE WORST PEDAL U'VE EVER SEEN?

Look at the Design... it's ultra-futuristic, easy-recycable also.

Man, this Battery-changing-system is the innovation of the year, I got a patent*.

*U can copy, I do allow you. I just want you to put my name on the pedal, for commercial purposes, cuz i'm selling this *%&#.

LOOLLL! Its fun isn't it? Everyone I show the pedal to laughs and says "What a garbage! This sh*t works?" Well it worked. My last modification just ruined the things out, I'm still searching for the problem.

The good news is that I made a metal case for it...YA! I MADE! -(OK, my grandpa helped a little bit... (OK OK he did almost everything but I helped))- Its all steel, way better than this hard-paper one on the pictures, it's almost pro! I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

See ya!

best... pedal... ever...

ambulancevoice

Quote from: John Lyons on July 17, 2007, 05:11:56 PM

Here is my latest pedal. A runoffgroove.com Omega

Spalted Bubinga with Oak sides.

Nice sounding variable booster.

John

[/b]

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

hubble

unfinished ruby, crap paint job.  i had some older/larger computer speakers that i decided would be perfect for a portable ruby, i wish i could paint better though  :(