SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hendrix2489

Quote from: taylorchuck15 on July 15, 2007, 10:11:25 PM
Fulltone A/B Box

Where do you get those LED holders? I like those better than the big metal ones.

[/quote]

i get them at radioshack, they come in a five pack for $1.20

suregork

Hi,

Here is my first 'real' stompbox build (I've built the beginner project into a guitar), and unfortunately it ain't anything beautiful. I was planning on putting a label on the front, but I kinda screwed it up, so I went with the homemade look :). It consists of Jack's Mosfet Boost and a Red Llama. The switches change the llama's input cap, and the order of the effects. What really surprised me though was that the thing worked the first time I plugged it in, as I was sure I would mess up the wiring.

Successfully built: Mosfet Boost, Red Llama, Crunch Box, SHO, RM Voodoo Vibe, Fuzz Face, Ross Comp, 9V Electric Mistress, Modded Crybaby

Frankli

0 to 2,5A - 0 to 30V

Quote from: suregork on July 20, 2007, 05:17:06 AM
Hi,

Here is my first 'real' stompbox build (I've built the beginner project into a guitar), and unfortunately it ain't anything beautiful. I was planning on putting a label on the front, but I kinda screwed it up, so I went with the homemade look :). It consists of Jack's Mosfet Boost and a Red Llama. The switches change the llama's input cap, and the order of the effects. What really surprised me though was that the thing worked the first time I plugged it in, as I was sure I would mess up the wiring.

Hi suregork, looks like a very versatile build.
Can you tell us more on how you wired the pre/post switch?
I've been wanting to do the same in a tubescreamer/ sparkleboost build but I just can't get my head around it... 

suregork

Quote from: 205 on July 20, 2007, 12:49:16 PM
Quote from: suregork on July 20, 2007, 05:17:06 AM
Hi,

Hi suregork, looks like a very versatile build.
Can you tell us more on how you wired the pre/post switch?
I've been wanting to do the same in a tubescreamer/ sparkleboost build but I just can't get my head around it... 

Sorry about the ugliness of this, but just drew it in Paint. Should be correct.
Successfully built: Mosfet Boost, Red Llama, Crunch Box, SHO, RM Voodoo Vibe, Fuzz Face, Ross Comp, 9V Electric Mistress, Modded Crybaby

Fuzzy-Train

Forgot to post this a while ago when I modded it.

Check out my other stuff....

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

Dragonfly

One I'm working on now................

MicFarlow77

Quote from: John Lyons on July 17, 2007, 05:11:56 PM

Here is my latest pedal. A runoffgroove.com Omega

Spalted Bubinga with Oak sides.

Nice sounding variable booster.

John
[/b]

Stunning work...... I love it......

Keep up the good work John!

Thanks,

Mick

chris_d

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 21, 2007, 12:43:41 AM
One I'm working on now................

Sweet. Hot pink pedals rule.

This is what i put my crunch-it! in:

Its real life color is actually closer to what yours looks like, almost flourescent pink. My camera dulled it a bit.

-chris

Sorry about the ugliness of this, but just drew it in Paint. Should be correct.

[/quote]

thanks for that! much appreciated

Dragonfly

GREEN FUZ

Very nice. I never get tired of these kind of finishes.

What is it? Fuzz Face?

rhdwave

Here's  a couple of pics of the Distortion Plus with an added six position rotary switch for changing between diodes, also one of messy gutshots before finished wrapping:

jonathan perez

cut those leads, dude!
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

CGDARK

rhdwave

You must finish your project soldering the diodes to the board and cut those leads down. If you don't want to solder them at least trim those leads a little.

CG :icon_mrgreen:

Baziiil

Maybe soldering diodes to rotary would be better for less wires

rhdwave

Well, yes the leads are long, and they are not soldered to the board, but they are socketed.  This way they can be swapped out as wanted.  The reason the leads are long is because to conserve space on the board i put the sockets a little too close together and there was no way to get the diodes in.  The other reason i wanted to use sockets was i put in a three configurations where it could be one diode in one direction and one in the other and three where there was room for one diode in one direction and two in the other.  It definately would have saved a lot of room putting the diodes right on the rotary switch, but i couldn't figure any way to do this for what i wanted.  So, yes it is ugly, but i am actually very happy.  I used it last night and everything sounds really good.   

CGDARK

rhdwave

You have a point, if you are happy what else matters.

CG ;D

rhdwave

Dragonfly

The blue swirl box will be receiving the tagboard guts ! I'll post new pics it as soon as its finished !