News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pushtone

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

John Blund

My first box: the Arqueta Azul, consisting of two AMZ mosfet boosters, and a slightly filtered shocktave. One of the boosters have treble mod as suggested by Mark Hammer. Great sound even a unity gain, that input impedance really make a difference!

Frankli

Great job John!
I finished today my new tubescreamer!  :icon_cool:

John Blund

Very nice!
well organized, and with mounted pots!
I didn't have any breadboard so I had to do the prototyping on the same vero I used in the final thing, it's a spaghetti maze ;D

CGDARK

Quote from: John Blund on July 22, 2007, 10:08:30 AM

My first box: the Arqueta Azul, consisting of two AMZ mosfet boosters, and a slightly filtered shocktave. One of the boosters have treble mod as suggested by Mark Hammer. Great sound even a unity gain, that input impedance really make a difference!

Good job. I like the LED bezel. Where did you buy it?

CG

CGDARK

Quote from: Frankli on July 22, 2007, 10:18:11 AM
Great job John!

Very nice, clean and well organized job.

CG

John Blund

Quote from: CGDARK on July 22, 2007, 12:04:53 PM
Quote from: John Blund on July 22, 2007, 10:08:30 AM

Good job. I like the LED bezel. Where did you buy it?

CG

Thanks, the bezel is from banzai effects, a German site but I think they ship internationally.

Baziiil

Quote from: Frankli on July 22, 2007, 10:18:11 AM
Great job John!

Good job Frankli.
I wonder what is the layer on the copper side of the board.

Fuzzy-Train

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 21, 2007, 10:44:15 PM

For some reason I'm reminded of the everlasting gobstopper... probably because of all the pretty colors.

THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

GREEN FUZ

you can practically taste the MOJO. ;D

Frankli

Thanks CGDARK and Baziiil!    
soon I will have more projects
8)

Hiwatt25

I don't care what you're building, if you put that Point to Point beauty in one of those swirly boxes, it's got to be called the "Everlasting Gobstopper".  :icon_twisted:

Oh man, I suck.  Someone already beat me to that idea...sorry.

The blue swirl box will be receiving the tagboard guts ! I'll post new pics it as soon as its finished !

Hiwatt25

I don't care what you're building, if you put that Point to Point beauty in one of those swirly boxes, it's got to be called the "Everlasting Gobstopper".  :icon_twisted:

Oh man, I suck.  Someone already beat me to that idea...sorry.  Oh or call it "Fuzzy lifting drink"  You know like the stuff charlie and his grandpa drank and almost got cut to ribbons....huh?...huh?...nothin?

The blue swirl box will be receiving the tagboard guts ! I'll post new pics it as soon as its finished !

[/quote]

momo

So what is this circuit?
I recently got a hold of tropical fish caps and similar tag boards......I find this sooooo awsome, If I could do all my stompboxes that way...oh man that would be awsome, I guess you cant do them all like this, but I will definetly do one like that.
I really love the way you bent the leads in an artsy way...just beautiful!
You know, when I started this obsession, I had my hands full just trying to understand the global feel of all this, but now with a little experience under the belt, I can see myself strive for not only making it work, but also making the guts a joy to look at!
The thought of having someone 25 years from now open my box and be blown away by the beauty of it all just makes me want to do them all like that.
Just awsome!
I think you seperate the artists from the tech's with that build!
"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

Shakal

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 21, 2007, 05:52:23 PM

Nice work!

Can you tell me what kind of painting was used?

Barcode80

My latest prototype, ran out of enclosures so back to the old RACO box. It's Tim Escobedo's Microdrive with Ge diodes for the clipping. Sounds AWESOME, but i might throw a pre boost in there for a tad more gain.

grrrrrant

I know it's probably nothing to you guys but here's my only build so far.  Talkbox.

Electric Warrior

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 21, 2007, 05:52:23 PM

Looks great! How is the circuit board held in place?

fluoreszenz

Dragonfly, those swirl paintings look amazing  :o Wow, great work

i read about swirl technique for guitars at projectguitar.com, and for guitar bodies they used oil paints. What did you use?