News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syndromet

Here is my first etch!
Didn't turn out as planned at all, but the guy I'm making it for loved it so I can't complain. It was done with the magazine transfer method, which let a lot of the etch bleed through. I did touch up with a sharpie, but I guess it wasn't etch resistant. I also etched for about an hour, but I guess thats only because my etchant was weak.
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

petemoore

I think it's cool looking too, it has a Byzantine artifact patina.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

John Lyons

Your PCBs look like they are just floating there. I can't see any method for securing them.
Yet they are so straight and even there must be something holding them in place.

The higher one must be resting on the back of the pots but what is holding them in place?

Dave

Dave, you got me! They are floating...I've been mounting boards on standoffs lately.
The boards you see are resting on foam. The 89 is pretty stiff and snug with the wirage and the back on.

Mark
You got it, it's your 89 board layout. Many thanks. So much work there in your gallery!

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

syndromet

Quote from: petemoore on July 25, 2007, 10:02:33 AM
  I think it's cool looking too, it has a Byzantine artifact patina.
Yeah, so they say. I don't really know what that symbol means, as religion isn't my thing. I sure know it looks cool, though. I would love it if you could explain it's meaning to me.
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

Hanglow

As you can see, I have run out of knobs  ;D

GREEN FUZ

Nice one. I like the way you left the lettering clear so the metal shows.

grrrrrant

I updated the talkbox by putting in a red led and switching out the cheap footswitch with a heavy duty one.  Still for sale $75 plus shipping!

Dragonfly

And the award for "Most Hideous Pedal" goes to.......

John Lyons

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 25, 2007, 01:54:48 PM

Hey...I've seen much worse, at least the pic is in focus and the drawing is neat.
Gotta dig the distressed ones...

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Dragonfly

Quote from: John Lyons on July 25, 2007, 02:52:49 PM

Hey...I've seen much worse, at least the pic is in focus and the drawing is neat.
Gotta dig the distressed ones...

John

I painted it at 3am last night !  :)

GREEN FUZ

Dragonfly, isn`t it a bit lazy getting your kids to paint your pedals? ;) :icon_lol:

Dragonfly

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on July 25, 2007, 02:56:13 PM
Dragonfly, isn`t it a bit lazy getting your kids to paint your pedals? ;) :icon_lol:

I have kids ?!?!?!?

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Marcos - Munky

I liked it. Simple but cool. Now the question everybody wants to ask: what's this circuit? :icon_mrgreen:

Dragonfly

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on July 25, 2007, 05:17:18 PM
I liked it. Simple but cool. Now the question everybody wants to ask: what's this circuit? :icon_mrgreen:

its in my gallery under "schematics".

This one is the "all gain, all the time" version.  :)

Dragonfly

Here's a "gut shot" of it. :)

jlullo

AC, are those just snipped off portions of solder wiring everything up?

Dragonfly

Quote from: jlullo on July 25, 2007, 07:27:03 PM

Nope....

Metal wiring...

you wouldn't be able to use solder...it'd melt when you made the solder connections :D

Apehouse

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 25, 2007, 07:21:00 PM

Here's a "gut shot" of it. :)

Wow, not only do i love the look and symmetry of the wiring, i love the labeled tone control. Sometimes when i have my pedal upside down and am running wires i get em mixed up. This is so simple a solution, how did i not see it earlier?
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music" -Aldous Huxley

Dragonfly

Quote from: Apehouse on July 25, 2007, 08:19:51 PM

Wow, not only do i love the look and symmetry of the wiring, i love the labeled tone control. Sometimes when i have my pedal upside down and am running wires i get em mixed up. This is so simple a solution, how did i not see it earlier?

i stole the pot from a previous build...it was a tone pot in that build, but a volume in this one.  i label the pots if im doing a build with a bunch of them, as it just helps eliminate errors.

jlullo

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 25, 2007, 07:30:15 PM
Quote from: jlullo on July 25, 2007, 07:27:03 PM

Nope....

Metal wiring...

you wouldn't be able to use solder...it'd melt when you made the solder connections :D

i know that was a ridiculous question... i guess i've never seen wiring like that before :)