Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Quote from: jlullo on July 25, 2007, 09:10:56 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on July 25, 2007, 07:30:15 PM
Quote from: jlullo on July 25, 2007, 07:27:03 PM
AC, are those just snipped off portions of solder wiring everything up?

Nope....

Metal wiring...

you wouldn't be able to use solder...it'd melt when you made the solder connections :D

i know that was a ridiculous question... i guess i've never seen wiring like that before :)

No biggie....

I like the look, and it stays in place well.

jlullo

yeah it looks great!

Dragonfly

Quote from: jlullo on July 25, 2007, 09:25:25 PM
yeah it looks great!

Thanks...its a PITA, but i like it...its a unique look....and VERY solid construction-wise

jlullo

yes.  i feel like i'm looking up at the ceiling in a NY loft :)

Dragonfly

Quote from: jlullo on July 25, 2007, 09:29:57 PM
yes.  i feel like i'm looking up at the ceiling in a NY loft :)

:icon_mrgreen:

Though there are less bugs in the pedal !

nightingale

Here are a couple of recent ones: bazzfuss, montezuma, garage fuzz, orange sunshine
I have been liking the distressed metal look. Most of them have have salt or peroxide damage to the finish.
The last one is my fuzz jade enclosure. I was trying to get the 4ms look going?

be well,
ry
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

Dragonfly

Quote from: nightingale on July 25, 2007, 11:15:33 PM
Here are a couple of recent ones: bazzfuss, montezuma, garage fuzz, orange sunshine
I have been liking the distressed metal look. Most of them have have salt or peroxide damage to the finish.
The last one is my fuzz jade enclosure. I was trying to get the 4ms look going?

nice work !

ive always dug the junction boxes....

that last enclosure is really COOL !

hubble

Timebutt

Nice Ruby!
What kind of enclosure is that you used and what is that type of speaker? I've been looking around but I don't know what speaker would be a nice match for the Ruby  :(
Completed Projects: Gus Smalley Booster, Modded Russian Big Muff, Orange Squeezer, BYOC Vibrato, Phase 90

bent

Quote from: Timebutt on July 26, 2007, 02:46:02 AM
Nice Ruby!
What kind of enclosure is that you used and what is that type of speaker? I've been looking around but I don't know what speaker would be a nice match for the Ruby  :(

look's like a computer speaker..... :icon_biggrin:

Long live the music.....

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 25, 2007, 01:54:48 PM
And the award for "Most Hideous Pedal" goes to.......

good looking pedal, but what is it?

~arph

Frankli

My rack project (with pedal control):

My next project: Tube preamp (hotbox clean stage) and mosfet power amp (ILP amp 30w):

Beros

Guess what it is.

Man ska inte ligga med lik

markm

Beros

syndromet

Quote from: Beros on July 26, 2007, 10:32:50 AM

Det skal være sikkert!
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

hubble

Quote from: bent on July 26, 2007, 03:08:19 AM
Quote from: Timebutt on July 26, 2007, 02:46:02 AM
Nice Ruby!

look's like a computer speaker..... :icon_biggrin:

thanks!  it is a computer speaker, the speaker is kinda crappy, but i built this for a friend to use in his dorm room, the cleans are ok but the amp really distorts the little speaker

petemoore

Old 6'' or so radio speakers are nice for that. console stereo stuff, made for a similar small volume level, I think the 'U wrap around' magnet type means alnico?
  For small room volumes, these types of speakers are 'choice'..two 6''ers sound great, sounding 'pushed' at a little bit lower volume than a '12'' guitar speaker' would..one 6'' would probably be plenty for a Ruby, observe the ohmage/test for heat on the chip.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

jlullo

Here's a rebote 2.5 that i put in an old wah shell:

the rocker controls the delay speed, but because the full range of the pot isn't used, i wired up another pot that can be switched so that you can have full access to the full range, which you can see here:

this side has the wet/dry mix and repeat controls:

and here's a gut shot.  because of the nut spacing, i had to keep the pot in place with JB Weld: