News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railhead

I recently decided to dive into making my own effect pedals, and the first one I wanted to make was a channel switcher that had 2 features I wanted: LEDs that showed which channel was active, and jacks in the right locations for the spot on my board. I also wanted to do something simple, just to get my feet wet.

So, after a few days of drilling, wiring, painting, and coating, my custom channel switch is finished — and not only did it cost me less to make than buying a "commercial" switch, mine also looks really cool (thanks to the hawt, leggy cowgirl pinup). :)   Here she is in all her glory:

:D

Beros

Man ska inte ligga med lik

Dragonfly

Quote from: railhead on July 26, 2007, 02:14:25 PM
I recently decided to dive into making my own effect pedals, and the first one I wanted to make was a channel switcher that had 2 features I wanted: LEDs that showed which channel was active, and jacks in the right locations for the spot on my board. I also wanted to do something simple, just to get my feet wet.

So, after a few days of drilling, wiring, painting, and coating, my custom channel switch is finished — and not only did it cost me less to make than buying a "commercial" switch, mine also looks really cool (thanks to the hawt, leggy cowgirl pinup). :)   Here she is in all her glory:

Hey...I have her tattoo'd on my forearm !  :)

Timebutt

Quote from: petemoore on July 26, 2007, 02:05:25 PM
  Old 6'' or so radio speakers are nice for that. console stereo stuff, made for a similar small volume level, I think the 'U wrap around' magnet type means alnico?
  For small room volumes, these types of speakers are 'choice'..two 6''ers sound great, sounding 'pushed' at a little bit lower volume than a '12'' guitar speaker' would..one 6'' would probably be plenty for a Ruby, observe the ohmage/test for heat on the chip.

I don't think there is a cheap speaker available that will also have some decent results for bass? Would wiring a 10" Eminence Neodynium speaker to it be like very overkill or not? :)
Completed Projects: Gus Smalley Booster, Modded Russian Big Muff, Orange Squeezer, BYOC Vibrato, Phase 90

Mark Hammer

Bingo!!  That's why we make our own stuff. :icon_biggrin:

~arph

;D Yeah, that's the only usefull mod out there anyway  ::)

momo

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 26, 2007, 02:37:43 PM

Great pedal!...I would of maybe put the switch a little higher :icon_eek: :icon_lol: :icon_rolleyes:
"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

shooter_mi

My ruby with the rog bassman mods. The speaker is actually wired like an extension cabinet, with two inputs. That way I can use my tube head, or connect the ruby with a short patch cable. The grille is wire screen with a sentimental t-shirt stretched over the front. This amp sound much better and louder than I expected it would when I started the project.

DanielWong

nice, lol my ruby speaker cabinet looks a lot like that too! What kind of wood is that?

Nice idea for a speaker grille

Marcos - Munky

Here's two photos of a few pedals. Sorry for the quality of the photos, I'm not good taking photos, and don't know how to use my camera correctly. I like the professional finish that lots of people give to their boxes, but I like mines to look as most homemade as possible :icon_razz:.

I love these boxes. They're cheap and small, everything I need :icon_wink:. The first one is a Dragonfly's Golden Dragon, and the second one is a MXR Wylde OD. The Golden Dragon still needs some knobs, and I don't know if I will do something in the box or leave it as is, I like the "naked aluminium" finish too.

This one is Bioroids' Tiny Looking Glass. I used a tuna enclosure to give a different look to my pedalboard. Still need the knobs too.

darron

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 26, 2007, 02:37:43 PM

I have one of my pedals tattooed on my forearm too!

it also gets printed on my pcbs, and i print it on clear projector plastic to put on the bottom plate to prevent the minimal risk of anything shorting to it.

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

g3rmanium

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 25, 2007, 07:21:00 PM
Here's a "gut shot" of it. :)

Ooooooooh...  :icon_eek:

That's some the cleanest wiring I've seen in a while!
Call me Johann.

Dragonfly

Quote from: g3rmanium on July 27, 2007, 05:55:35 AM
Quote from: Dragonfly on July 25, 2007, 07:21:00 PM
Here's a "gut shot" of it. :)

Ooooooooh...  :icon_eek:

That's some the cleanest wiring I've seen in a while!

Thanks :) ...coming from you, i take that as a GIGANTIC compliment !

Dragonfly

Its amazing how much better the DIY builds are these days compared to a few years ago...AMAZING !  You guys are truly inspiring .

slacker

Here's my latest build, I fancied something different from the normal box so I got myself down to my local B&Q Warehouse and found these  cool junction boxes they basically a posher version of the RACO boxes that a lot of people use. Probably no cheaper than ordinary boxes but if you need one on a wet Saturday afternoon much easier to get hold of :)
Only thing wrong with them is that larger holes are a bit tricky to drill because they're steel.

and a guts shot, note the handy grounding point.

As for the circuit it's Tim E's Jinx with an extra gain stage tagged on the front and a sag control.

Hanglow

Cool wee boxes! I'll be getting a few of them I think.

Timebutt

Nice! What is it? :)
I really need to improve my wiring skills I think ;)
Completed Projects: Gus Smalley Booster, Modded Russian Big Muff, Orange Squeezer, BYOC Vibrato, Phase 90

bent

Long live the music.....

Dragonfly

Quote from: bent on July 28, 2007, 01:06:17 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on July 28, 2007, 11:50:30 AM
CLICK HERE FOR SOUND SAMPLE...CLEAN, THEN FULL ON, THEN GUITAR VOLUME ROLLED BACK, THEN FULL UP AGAIN

wow  :o i like this sound.... and really clean inside...

what schematic did you use.... ???

bent

None.

Its based on a silicon FF though. I just made some value adjustments and used careful transistor selection.