News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicVI

A couple of tonepad MXR Blue Box pcb shots. I used all ceramic and tantalum caps and carbon comp resistors like the originals, just for kicks. The trannies are MPSA18, ICs are TL072CP and MC14013BCP.

Shakal

It really looks like the Candy Boards... :P

Don't u think ceramic and carbon comp make more noise than poliester and metal film? Do you hear any noise on your pedal?

SonicVI

Quote from: Shakal on August 09, 2007, 12:29:38 AM
It really looks like the Candy Boards... :P

Don't u think ceramic and carbon comp make more noise than poliester and metal film? Do you hear any noise on your pedal?

In another pedal they probably would, but the Blue Box has gating to help reduce the octave from sputtering as the signal decays, so noise isn't really a problem.

Laika

Quote from: ambulancevoice on August 08, 2007, 05:31:08 PM
Quote from: Papa_lazerous on August 08, 2007, 05:01:22 PM
Quote from: ambulancevoice on August 08, 2007, 07:40:36 AM
i swear there is no possible way that your rat could be your first build/etch
no way at all

I dont see why it couldnt be his first!

I should get roudn to posting my first etch, its of equal quality.  I think people rush on the prep and make poor jobs sometimes.  Its possible to do a good job first time

because its soooooo damn unbelievably clean for a first build and etch!!
he had to have practiced or something
but i love it still

I don't understand the comments about the etch being clean? The rat image doesn't have any detail to it and from my very limited use with PnP it either works or it doesn't right?. The first couple of PnP transfers on to the circuit board I wasn't happy with so I rubbed them off (before etching) and started over till I got the iron pressure/time/temp right. For the housing I was going to go all black and make a stencil and do the rat in white spray paint.. That was till I found the great step by step info in MikeM's gallery... The housing was my first attempt. I'm sure people who do nice work will agree its all in the prep work and attention to detail.

ambulancevoice

hey, who cares what i say? just focus on the pedals
what do i need tips for?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

markm

Quote from: Laika on August 09, 2007, 01:37:18 AM
till I found the great step by step info in MikeM's gallery... The housing was my first attempt. I'm sure people who do nice work will agree its all in the prep work and attention to detail.

psssssst..........
That's MarkM........MarkM! ;)
Agreed.
The prep is VERY important, probably the MOST important!

Laika

Quote from: markm on August 09, 2007, 08:05:56 AM
Quote from: Laika on August 09, 2007, 01:37:18 AM
till I found the great step by step info in MikeM's gallery... The housing was my first attempt. I'm sure people who do nice work will agree its all in the prep work and attention to detail.

psssssst..........
That's MarkM........MarkM! ;)
Agreed.
The prep is VERY important, probably the MOST important!

Doh! .. Haha .. Pitty I didn't put as much prep work in my reply as I did in my pedal :icon_redface:
Makes it worse when Mark is my name too :icon_rolleyes:

Very nice work in your gallery btw

Traintrack

I can't believe that I spent hours  ??? and hours getting my Hwy 89 ready for this thread and not one comment  ???. My huge ego has been deflated to a wind gush.  ???

Any comments now just won't matter... Sniff... I am going to etch the next one and say that I did it while in prison and that I am blind and have no arms....  Sniff....  :icon_rolleyes:

mojotron

Quote from: Traintrack on August 09, 2007, 05:56:46 PM
I can't believe that I spent hours  ??? and hours getting my Hwy 89 ready for this thread and not one comment  ???. My huge ego has been deflated to a wind gush.  ???

Any comments now just won't matter... Sniff... I am going to etch the next one and say that I did it while in prison and that I am blind and have no arms....  Sniff....  :icon_rolleyes:

Hey Train - as a fellow blind, no arm-ed, inmate I have to say - I was impressed - I love your build!

I really like the travelin' theme with the fonts - kind-of reminds me of my last car chase in a 67 impala!

Shakal

Hey man, sorry but... Your Highway 89 is too damn nice to be a DIY handmade, really! I think that's why no one did any comment.  :icon_lol:

Congrats! It's perfect (too perfect I think)

Valoosj

Hi
I'm new to the forum, so I'll open up with a little bang  :icon_cool:
After restoring an old G&L, I was bitten by the DIY-virus, so here are the pedals I have built so far

True bypass double looper with tuner mute

A/B switch

gut shot

a simple on/off for many purposes

Channel selectors for Engl Thunder and a Cube 30

And here's the old battered G&L   (I know this is a stompbox forum, but I wanted to share this as well :icon_mrgreen:)

before

And after

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

~arph

Wow! you did the right thing posting that guitar here! good job!
What does the text on the side say and how did you keep the HS logo intact?

Respect,

Arnoud

MetalGod

Quote from: ~arph on August 10, 2007, 09:31:52 AM

Respect,

Arnoud

It's the lyrics to an AIC song called Nutshell.  When I saw that guitar I immediately though "Jerry Cantrell fan" - that guitar is REALLY nice.  What pickups are in it? (I know JC used JBs)

8)

rhys

FSH-1

GGG 5-band EQ

Valoosj

Quote from: ~arph on August 10, 2007, 09:31:52 AM

Respect,

Arnoud
Zoals Metalgod zei, het is inderdaad Nutshell beste noorderbuur  ;)

After discussing world domination in Dutch with Arnoud...
I kept the logo intact with a very long and painful (to the eyes) method.
I fotographed the original, then imported that in paint. I then cut away everything but the logo. This took about 3 hours.
After that I sent it to a friend of mine who evened out the colours with photoshop. Then I made the middle brown, with a thin black edge.
All the graphics are done with waterslide decals beneath the final coats of paint.

Quote from: MetalGod on August 10, 2007, 09:44:51 AM

It's the lyrics to an AIC song called Nutshell.  When I saw that guitar I immediately though "Jerry Cantrell fan" - that guitar is REALLY nice.  What pickups are in it? (I know JC used JBs)

8)

You were absolutely right, except that I'm an Alice in Chains fan, and off course Cantrell is one of my guitar heroes, but this is an Alice in Chains tribute guitar.
The pickups are SD Jazz and Distortion

no comment on my pedals?  ;D
I'm starting a tube (or is it valve?) overdrive next week, and a noisy cricket when I have more time. Cool little suckers those are!
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Valoosj

Quote from: slacker on July 27, 2007, 03:26:27 PM

Those 2 lower knobs, where can you buy those?  :o they are so cool

dschwartz

----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

slacker

Yeah they're nice. I got them from Maplin http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=19412&criteria=knobs&doy=10m8 they're meant for pots with splined shafts but if you ream them out with a drill bit you can force them on the normal pots.

Valoosj

thanks for the link of maplin. it's in the uk, so that's very close to me!
I even found some nice enclosures

ambulancevoice

Quote from: SonicVI on August 08, 2007, 11:48:14 PM
A couple of tonepad MXR Blue Box pcb shots. I used all ceramic and tantalum caps and carbon comp resistors like the originals, just for kicks. The trannies are MPSA18, ICs are TL072CP and MC14013BCP.

wow delicious
any chance we could look at the top?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money