Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlullo

nooneknows

Quote from: Dragonfly on August 19, 2007, 01:15:01 AM
SOUND SAMPLE, NO EFFECT FIRST, THEN EFFECT ON

Dragonfly,
I can't find what kind of booster it is, a germanium one I think, right? It sounds good indeed (and I really like the minimalistic style design!)

rpjones

My friend is a professor at West Virginia University and he was granted tenure last year after sweating blood for months not knowing if he was going to make it or not. He also plays a telecaster, and I saw MarkM's layout for the Bandito while browsing the gallery; it was touted as being great with a telecaster. So I dreamed up the Perfesser Paul pedal, decked out in Mountaineer blue and gold, of course, with a blue led. I made up a perf layout from the pcb diagram in the gallery, and it works fantastically! I can't wait till he sees it, I am really going to hate to part with this one. Might have to make one for myself! I built an AMZ mini-booster, which is very similar, but I like the Bandito just a little more. Here it is:

this is my orange squeezer clone

caress

a bass fuzz pedal for a friend i've been working on for a little while.  (brassmaster, crashsync and nyquist aliaser in one)
i used the brassmaster's clean blend over two different fuzzes in the "fuzz" portion of the brassmaster and i omitted the "brass" switch from the brassmaster...
the signal path goes as follows:  in>brassmaster input/splitter>(one side to clean blend) / the other side to a switch.  the switch goes to either the brassmaster or a crashsync, each of which have a big muff tone & recovery stage>brassmaster mixing/output preamps>[switch]>nyquist aliaser>out

i'm still having some issues with the brassmaster harmonic switch, so if anyone has any ideas...
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=60340.0

moro

I finally have my first build. :icon_biggrin: It's a Rust Driver clone, using the perf layout on Matsumin's site. I added a DPDT to switch out the clipping diodes with LEDs.

Dragonfly

Quote from: jlullo on August 19, 2007, 11:17:11 AM

AC... this sounds so good.  you blow my mind

:icon_redface:

Thanks  :icon_redface:

Dragonfly

Quote from: nooneknows on August 19, 2007, 11:33:59 AM

Dragonfly,
I can't find what kind of booster it is, a germanium one I think, right? It sounds good indeed (and I really like the minimalistic style design!)

yep, germanium...light overdrive / dirty boost :)

thanks

Marcos - Munky

Yeah, it's a great sounding od/boost. And low count parts. Give us more detalis. :icon_twisted: :icon_razz: :icon_mrgreen:

ambulancevoice

Quote from: brett on August 19, 2007, 05:31:30 AM
I rarely spend much time on aesthetics, but this is an amp (Noisey Cricket mk II).
Knobs are from an old test oscillator I got for $2. 
(As well as some neat knobs, it contained four ECC801/01 valves, which I sold for $400).

nice! guts?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

petemoore

FF
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/petemoore/MkIItakeII002.jpg
Tri-Booster
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/petemoore/MkIItakeII003.jpg
MkII
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v207/petemoore/?action=view&current=MkIItakeII004.jpg
All my new best friends [this month mostly]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/petemoore/MKIIPedalboard003.jpg
1rst step:            <DD-6,            Rat[s,       Tonebender,                   ZW44>
Floorboard:    <CBClassic wah, Micro-Vibe, Tri-Booster,  Fuzz Face, Green Ringer>
  Heres the order:
  CBClassic, nice wah out the box.
  Fuzz Face, I raised up the 1k...probably put .047uf across it, fine fuzz face, had cool Ge's chosen.
  Tri-Booster...I actually use this these, cool to hear how Si/Mos/Ge compare here tri-color LED nice touch.
  Micro-Vibe...great vibe pedal IMO.
  Green Ringer, has been modded, has an inductor coil, Ge's, Null mod...etc. gain mod.
  ZW44, nice ~TS  'hyper-type' OD, bandpass Tone Control is quite useful.
  Tonebender, thick lead stuff, heavy rythms.
  Mighty Mouse, can be favorite of three diode mods for RAT on the extra switch, thick punchy meat 'n potatoes grinder, especially with the Ge boosting its input.
  DD-6, does great echoes, warp control is cool..looking for a treble rolloff mod for the echo [many repeats 'grows' excessive high frequency content, kind of gets a peaky HF distortion to it sometimes.
  So...it's not like it was July 3rd [all DIY except the Echo Park], or July 4th...all smoked up and crispy, crispy sounding if at all, but it is put back together and offers a wide tonal varability.
  Oh...right in the middle is the 10-SB Led lights switch, over the VooDooLabs PedalPower II+   

DD-6 great echo-er, warps cool, I'm looking to find a clean treble taper mod for the echoes.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: moro on August 19, 2007, 07:24:37 PM

really lovely, i just like the way you putted the knobs and the switch  ;)

hubble

z1

build this quickly today, a boost with two outputs...

gutshot

DanielWong

Quote from: rpjones on August 19, 2007, 12:05:47 PM
My friend is a professor at West Virginia University and he was granted tenure last year after sweating blood for months not knowing if he was going to make it or not. He also plays a telecaster, and I saw MarkM's layout for the Bandito while browsing the gallery; it was touted as being great with a telecaster. So I dreamed up the Perfesser Paul pedal, decked out in Mountaineer blue and gold, of course, with a blue led. I made up a perf layout from the pcb diagram in the gallery, and it works fantastically! I can't wait till he sees it, I am really going to hate to part with this one. Might have to make one for myself! I built an AMZ mini-booster, which is very similar, but I like the Bandito just a little more. Here it is:

this is my orange squeezer clone

I like the paint job. How'd you do it?

moro

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on August 21, 2007, 02:03:55 AM
really lovely, i just like the way you putted the knobs and the switch  ;)

Thanks! :icon_biggrin: I like how it turned out.

Quote from: hubble on August 21, 2007, 03:32:54 AM
what kind of paint is this??? i like

It's Pedalpartsplus's "granny smith green" finish (powdercoat).

Shakal

Quote from: z1 on August 21, 2007, 12:04:16 PM
gutshot

It's a paralell output in the middle?

I can't see the Input's GND connected to any other GND... Is it made thru the chassis?

z1

hey, yeah it's a parallel output, the input is grounded properly to all the other GNDs, i just haven't connected the sleeve of the stereojack cause i won't use a battery (no place left  :icon_lol: )

HeimBrent

Right. I have a question... What is the point of having a stereo input on the boxes?

Barcode80

Quote from: HeimBrent on August 21, 2007, 04:34:10 PM
Right. I have a question... What is the point of having a stereo input on the boxes?
right, i have a question. where do you see a stereo input on this one? it is a dual mono out, not a stereo in. at least if i read his post correctly :)

snoof

I think he's talking about the stereo input jack used to switch the ground.