News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcode80

good call snoof, my apologies HeimBrent. as snoof said, the extra lug is used to disconnect the battery when an effect is unplugged. saves battery life.

z1

yeah it's just a stereo plug to save battery life, but since i didnt use that it could have been a normal mono one..

Shakal

Quote from: z1 on August 21, 2007, 01:18:16 PM
hey, yeah it's a parallel output, the input is grounded properly to all the other GNDs, i just haven't connected the sleeve of the stereojack cause i won't use a battery (no place left  :icon_lol: )
Hmmm... maybe a hidden wire behind those blue wires. But, it's made by thru the chassis too? Or it's not conductive?

HeimBrent

Great! Cuz in that case I'll never need the stereo-jacks. His makes my life muuuch easier :icon_lol:

rpjones

Quote from: DanielWong on August 21, 2007, 12:10:12 PM
Quote from: rpjones on August 19, 2007, 12:05:47 PM
My friend is a professor at West Virginia University and he was granted tenure last year after sweating blood for months not knowing if he was going to make it or not. He also plays a telecaster, and I saw MarkM's layout for the Bandito while browsing the gallery; it was touted as being great with a telecaster. So I dreamed up the Perfesser Paul pedal, decked out in Mountaineer blue and gold, of course, with a blue led. I made up a perf layout from the pcb diagram in the gallery, and it works fantastically! I can't wait till he sees it, I am really going to hate to part with this one. Might have to make one for myself! I built an AMZ mini-booster, which is very similar, but I like the Bandito just a little more. Here it is:

this is my orange squeezer clone

I like the paint job. How'd you do it?
I ordered powder coated enclosures from Pedal Parts Plus and inkjet waterslide decals from Small Bear. It turned out well except for the edges that you can see around the decals, I don't know any way to keep that from happening. I shot several think coats of Krylon Krystal Clear once the decals were on the box but the edges are still somewhat visible, still I was pretty happy with the results.

mattpocket

QuoteI ordered powder coated enclosures from Pedal Parts Plus and inkjet waterslide decals from Small Bear. It turned out well except for the edges that you can see around the decals, I don't know any way to keep that from happening. I shot several think coats of Krylon Krystal Clear once the decals were on the box but the edges are still somewhat visible, still I was pretty happy with the results.

I've still not found a cure, but I suspect it lies with a lot of clear and a lot of polishing so there is no ledge or step remaining as the clear passes over the decal edge.

Matt
Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

theundeadelvis

Quote from: mattpocket on August 22, 2007, 11:14:19 AM
QuoteI ordered powder coated enclosures from Pedal Parts Plus and inkjet waterslide decals from Small Bear. It turned out well except for the edges that you can see around the decals, I don't know any way to keep that from happening. I shot several think coats of Krylon Krystal Clear once the decals were on the box but the edges are still somewhat visible, still I was pretty happy with the results.

I've still not found a cure, but I suspect it lies with a lot of clear and a lot of polishing so there is no ledge or step remaining as the clear passes over the decal edge.

Matt

I use the laser printer waterslides with PlastiKote Super Lacquer and it dissolves the decal enough to smooth the edges (inkjet decals may be thicker though). The easiest way to hide the edges is make 1 big full size decal that goes to edges of the enclosure. I usually print a border of some sort and trim the decal to it.
Like this here is one decal (before clear):
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

Dragonfly

I'll link a sound sample tomorrow :)

Auke Haarsma

I like the 'Comics'-look of that one! Did you turn back to using shielded wire instead of the very 'modernist and cool/abstract looking'-unshielded wires? If so, why? (time?)

Dragonfly

Quote from: ponq on August 23, 2007, 02:09:22 AM
I like the 'Comics'-look of that one! Did you turn back to using shielded wire instead of the very 'modernist and cool/abstract looking'-unshielded wires? If so, why? (time?)

Thanks...

yeah, the wire thing was simply a "time" thing...i like the other way better, but it takes about 3x as long :)

i'll still be using the solid wire, but i wanted to get this boxed up quickly.

JoeGuitar

Quote from: Dragonfly on August 23, 2007, 01:39:50 AM

Dragonfly

Did you use a Gorilla Glue or similar to hold the circuit board in?

Joe

Dragonfly

Quote from: JoeGuitar on August 23, 2007, 10:09:37 AM

Dragonfly

Did you use a Gorilla Glue or similar to hold the circuit board in?

Joe

plain old silicon
the pedals that i use solid wire on its not required, but these it helps insure everything stays where it should

Dragonfly

HERES A SOUND SAMPLE

I"m about 90% happy with it...i'll tweak a few things, but its getting close....

hairyandy

Nice work Andy!!!  I can't wait to throw one of these together!  Keep the rock happening in Austin and have a Purist for me at Guero's...

Andy
Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

Dragonfly

Quote from: hairyandy on August 23, 2007, 11:37:19 AM

Keep the rock happening in Austin and have a Purist for me at Guero's...

Andy

Man, get down to Austin and throw a Purist back WITH me bro !

I hope all is well...

Mark Hammer

So many folks mount their external power jacks on the side.  I suspect this is to make good use of the (otherwise) unused space beside the stompswitch, as in the above example.  My own inclinations are to stick an adaptor jack along the rear skirt.  I just don't "get" the side-mounting thing.  Apparently Boss and many other manufacturers don't either.

So I'm wondering, do people find the side-mounting works out well for them, or is it simply a small nuisance, compared to the larger logistical problem of finding space for a rear-mounted jack and circuit board?

markm

Quote from: Mark Hammer on August 23, 2007, 01:57:25 PM
So many folks mount their external power jacks on the side.  I suspect this is to make good use of the (otherwise) unused space beside the stompswitch, as in the above example.  My own inclinations are to stick an adaptor jack along the rear skirt.  I just don't "get" the side-mounting thing.  Apparently Boss and many other manufacturers don't either.

So I'm wondering, do people find the side-mounting works out well for them, or is it simply a small nuisance, compared to the larger logistical problem of finding space for a rear-mounted jack and circuit board?

I mount mine on the side because of the space issue but also because, I personally don't use adapters!
My main source of power is the plain old 9V battery but, I put the power jack in there "just in case".  ;D

Gila_Crisis

this is my last build the ighty tremulus lune!! instead of the fine knob i putted the simmetry control.
i built it following torchy's vero layout, thank you a lot man!!!! i changed some component values following the last rev. found on commonsound.

nooneknows

Quote from: Dragonfly on August 23, 2007, 11:02:41 AM

HERES A SOUND SAMPLE

I"m about 90% happy with it...i'll tweak a few things, but its getting close....

Wow, impressive sound, I think I'm gonna breadboard one of this...
thank you

newbie builder

Andy-
How'd you do the labeling- paint pens? I like the look it gives. Great sounding too, if only I had more time to breadboard fuzzes. It used to be I was content with the Fuzzface clone and one other fuzz that I had, but thanks to you now I have dozens of fuzzes on my "to build" list!!
//