News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CGDARK

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 27, 2007, 10:17:12 AM

I remember those PAiA units, they were big :icon_eek:. I had their catalogs in the eighties and even order a kit of a distortion pedal in '86 (well... I don't remember exactly :icon_lol:).

CG ;D

ambulancevoice

Quote from: spule on September 26, 2007, 03:18:01 PM
My second boxed-up effect. The box is made from bent 1mm sheet aluminum, which was etched using markms great tutorial. Sides are pine (i think) and the only thing missing is the clearcoat to keep the ugly black smudges away.. someday maybe  :)

easy access to the battery:
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3699/img3540yq7.jpg
and a pcb (with a tonepad layout) behind it:
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7548/img3549fk0.jpg
and a (not so good) gut-shot:
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4030/img3546gh6.jpg

everything is green!! green cell (battery), green led, green ringer
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

BN

Quote from: ubersam on September 27, 2007, 02:30:51 PM
Very nice work, clean. Are those green square boxes poly-film caps? Who makes them?

Sorry, I don't remember which type of caps they are. But I bought them at the major Swedish (even European?) electronic parts supplier [ur=http://www.efla.se]ELFA[/url].

/BN
"Rock 'n roll keeps you young, but you can only get away with that for so long. Eventually you become too old to stay young. And I think that's the point I reached" - David St. Hubbins

ubersam

Quote from: BN on September 28, 2007, 08:30:58 AM
Quote from: ubersam on September 27, 2007, 02:30:51 PM
Very nice work, clean. Are those green square boxes poly-film caps? Who makes them?

Sorry, I don't remember which type of caps they are. But I bought them at the major Swedish (even European?) electronic parts supplier ELFA.

/BN
Cool, I'll check them out.

MarcoMike

Freshly reboxed...
The TURBO BOOSTer (LPB2)

Below the switch I made a transparent window which shuld turn into a redLEDscanner as soon as I find a 4017
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

sengo

Here's my first attempt at etching a box. I don't have a laser printer to mess around with so I tried using that spray photo resist made for etching PCB boards. I've never had much luck with it, and I don't think I used enough, because the entire surface started foaming when I tried etching, and I had to take it out before I entirely lost the image. I think it looks cool though :)

Papa_lazerous

I think that looks pretty good Sengo, got a kinda distressed worn look to it!

I'm sure NoNothing will like the artwork being a hendrix nut himself

$uperpuma

Quote from: MarcoMike on September 28, 2007, 04:56:31 PM
Freshly reboxed...
The TURBO BOOSTer (LPB2)

THIS is cool to ANY child of the 80's.

Below the switch I made a transparent window which shuld turn into a redLEDscanner as soon as I find a 4017
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

$uperpuma

Quote from: spule on September 26, 2007, 03:18:01 PM
My second boxed-up effect. The box is made from bent 1mm sheet aluminum, which was etched using markms great tutorial. Sides are pine (i think) and the only thing missing is the clearcoat to keep the ugly black smudges away.. someday maybe  :)

easy access to the battery:
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3699/img3540yq7.jpg
and a pcb (with a tonepad layout) behind it:
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7548/img3549fk0.jpg
and a (not so good) gut-shot:
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4030/img3546gh6.jpg

Looks freaking awesome.
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

arawn

all but the most important of the women in my life hangin out together and I built the guitar stand too
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

jlullo

A.C.'s Montezuma... i LOVE this pedal!  I also stole andy's painting style because i loved it so much.... sorry AC :)

i swear my wiring doesn't look this messy in person  ;)

HeimBrent

Quote from: arawn on September 28, 2007, 09:55:45 PM
all but the most important of the women in my life hangin out together and I built the guitar stand too
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa266/arawngwydion/Guitarsforme.jpg

You have a Gibson to, is that what you're trying to tell us?

ambulancevoice

maybe he means that woman on his guitar
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

foxfire

here is my latest as in finished 10 minutes ago. i told my girl friend how to label it as in where to put what and i asked her to just do one of her doodles. she is always doing doodles like this so i've decided to take advantage of it. the best part of it is now that she has done one she wants to do a better job on the next one. which means that she is ok with me doing more! finally! sure it ain't exactly an original way to finish a pedal but, if it looks good in the end then who cares. anyway,

darron

Quote from: foxfire on September 29, 2007, 09:39:13 AM
here is my latest as in finished 10 minutes ago. i told my girl friend how to label it as in where to put what and i asked her to just do one of her doodles. she is always doing doodles like this so i've decided to take advantage of it. the best part of it is now that she has done one she wants to do a better job on the next one. which means that she is ok with me doing more! finally! sure it ain't exactly an original way to finish a pedal but, if it looks good in the end then who cares. anyway,

nah. i like it! as long as the ink keeps its place. maybe you should bath it in some ferric chloride while the ink is good and do an inverted etch? :P

i really like the look of the way that you mounted the LED. pro ;)
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

foxfire

thanks Darron. i started mounting the LEDs like that to save money. as for the ink, i first did a coat of clear figuring if she messed up it would be easier to fix. then i did a top coat after she was done. well it next time i'll forgo the first coat cause the ink eats the clear coat and just makes it that much easier to mess it up.
i love the look/idea of etching but, i'm not ready for playing with acid. nor do i have a good place to store it. but a revers etch would be cool.

robbiemcm

arawn: Ubuntu sticker on your guitar ftw.

jlullo

Quote from: darron on September 29, 2007, 10:31:20 AM
Quote from: foxfire on September 29, 2007, 09:39:13 AM

nah. i like it! as long as the ink keeps its place. maybe you should bath it in some ferric chloride while the ink is good and do an inverted etch? :P

i really like the look of the way that you mounted the LED. pro ;)

i'd highly not recommend using sharpie as etch resist for an enclosure.  i tried it once and it didn't work

foxfire

she used a paint pen for what its worth. not that i'm going to do it but can you use a paint pen for etching?

arawn

Ubuntu = another way to frost microcrap
Bettie is the girl on the guitar and i was referring to the pedals and guitars and no, no gibson's I like these better
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic