News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8mileshigh

Quote from: jlullo on September 28, 2007, 11:38:28 PM
A.C.'s Montezuma... i LOVE this pedal!  I also stole andy's painting style because i loved it so much.... sorry AC :)

Johnathan,

It just occured to me, you and AC could start a new trend called pedal relicing and double the price like the Fender custom shop is doing  :icon_lol:
Looks good ! 

Chris
Builts completed: Tweak-O, Fuzz Face Si and Ge, Rangemaster,Fuzzrite Si & Ge, Bazz Fuzz, L'il Devil Fuzz, Bosstone one knober, Bosstone Sustainer, Cream Pie, Kay Fuzztone. http://www.myspace.com/chrisdarlington

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: 8mileshigh on September 29, 2007, 09:08:17 PM
Quote from: jlullo on September 28, 2007, 11:38:28 PM
A.C.'s Montezuma... i LOVE this pedal!  I also stole andy's painting style because i loved it so much.... sorry AC :)

Johnathan,

It just occured to me, you and AC could start a new trend called pedal relicing and double the price like the Fender custom shop is doing  :icon_lol:
Looks good ! 

Chris

My first attempt at spray painting on a stompbox was so bad that I immediately wanted to remove it, only I didn't have a sand paper or any decent tools for the job.

So in my head I start to say: "what would be coarse enough to take paint of?"  I decided to try rubbing it on the ground, on the kerb, in the street.  The end result was awesome. Not only was the paint all chipped, but it was all black in parts from dirt in the road.  It seriously looked like it had been dragged for miles behind a car.

I only wish I hadn't painted over it
Try a little tenderness.

jlullo

hahah dude you have no idea!  On my way home from work tonight, i was wondering what would oxidize up all the hardware and make the knobs look like reliced knobs :)

edit:
found it!
http://www.relicdeluxe.com/plastic_pickguard_knobs.asp

and
http://www.relicdeluxe.com/hardware_tremolo_bridge.asp

haha i might have to try this just to be a cheeseball :)

bean

My completed Ross...

slacker

cool, anything with Hobbes on is good in my book :)

fluoreszenz

Hi there!   :)   :icon_wink:

Amazing thread, thought i should post pics of my first two pedals, based on the Fuzz Factor X layout by dav: 

Atomar Fuzz and his big brother Molecular Fuzz

Both pedals look quite scruffy and rancid, due to my bad etching skills  ;)

enclosures were etched with sodium hydroxide, but i missed lots of detail work.

Yeah, but the Atomar Fuzz pedal has some UV-active laquer on it which makes it shine under a UV lamp  :icon_lol:

smnm

Quote from: bean on September 30, 2007, 11:16:17 AM
My completed Ross...

the first lolcat pedal! you must be v proud!

Fuzzy-Train

Quote from: fluoreszenz on September 30, 2007, 12:31:32 PM
Hi there!   :)   :icon_wink:

Amazing thread, thought i should post pics of my first two pedals, based on the Fuzz Factor X layout by dav: 

Atomar Fuzz and his big brother Molecular Fuzz

Both pedals look quite scruffy and rancid, due to my bad etching skills  ;)

Yeah, but the Atomar Fuzz pedal has some UV-active laquer on it which makes it shine under a UV lamp  :icon_lol:

Those look so friggin' great man. I love the way your etching turned out.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

auratnik

This is my take on Trotsky from the Beavis Audio Research web site. I used 2N3904 transistor with different diode combination to get more dirt and versality from the pedal. It can go from light to mild OD all the way into massive fuzz category. Schematic is simple and elegant with many possibilities to experiment.

Brain busting and darkly seductive!

ambulancevoice

woah man, carefull when using that stuff
unlike FeCl3 (which just stains), NaOH will give you INCREDIBLY PAINFULL BURNS if it comes in contact with your skin (in either liquid or solid form)
if you ever etch with it again, keep a bottle of vinegar (nothing else, just vinegar) handy, and if you happen to get some NaOH on your skin, and IT BURNS, pour some vinegar over it, it will neutralize the burn.

oh and btw, nice @#$%ing builds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

darron

Quote from: ambulancevoice on September 30, 2007, 10:59:56 PM

unlike FeCl3 (which just stains), NaOH will give you INCREDIBLY PAINFULL BURNS if it comes in contact with your skin (in either liquid or solid form)
if you ever etch with it again, keep a bottle of vinegar (nothing else, just vinegar) handy, and if you happen to get some NaOH on your skin, and IT BURNS, pour some vinegar over it, it will neutralize the burn.

ferric chloride shouldn't be underestimated also. i got some in my eye and every now and then i get a twitch that doesn't want to go away for a couple of days. just 5 seconds after i was thinking "i have gloves and a respiratory mask, but i probably should have goggles also"
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Hamfist

Another DOD 250 '77 version.  markm layout.  I wanted to make this one as simple and rugged as possible.  No LED, no AC jack etc...  It's on all the time, so I don't need an LED, and I always use batteries.  The only change I made is asymmetrical clipping.  And yes, I touched up that crummy solder joint on the input jack after I took the picture.   :P

TS with "expensive boutique" mods/layout from generalguitargadgets.com  No gut shot on this one.  I wired it up really quick before practice, and it looks awful inside.  Furthering it's hideous appearance inside is the fact that I did about 2 dozen painting "experiments" on this box.  The paint on the inside looks like Walt Disney threw up in it... and it was chunky.  Couple that with hurry-up wiring... look, I'll spare you the agony, ok?  It sounds great, but has this weird swishy hissy noise that comes and goes.  I'll figure it out later. 

ambulancevoice

Quote from: darron on September 30, 2007, 11:14:25 PM
Quote from: ambulancevoice on September 30, 2007, 10:59:56 PM

ferric chloride shouldn't be underestimated also. i got some in my eye and every now and then i get a twitch that doesn't want to go away for a couple of days. just 5 seconds after i was thinking "i have gloves and a respiratory mask, but i probably should have goggles also"

i agree, no chemical, or element should! luckily FeCl3 doesnt burn though, but it does stain bad :(

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Hamfist on October 01, 2007, 12:37:50 AM
Another DOD 250 '77 version.  markm layout.  I wanted to make this one as simple and rugged as possible.  No LED, no AC jack etc...  It's on all the time, so I don't need an LED, and I always use batteries.  The only change I made is asymmetrical clipping.  And yes, I touched up that crummy solder joint on the input jack after I took the picture.   :P

TS with "expensive boutique" mods/layout from generalguitargadgets.com  No gut shot on this one.  I wired it up really quick before practice, and it looks awful inside.  Furthering it's hideous appearance inside is the fact that I did about 2 dozen painting "experiments" on this box.  The paint on the inside looks like Walt Disney threw up in it... and it was chunky.  Couple that with hurry-up wiring... look, I'll spare you the agony, ok?  It sounds great, but has this weird swishy hissy noise that comes and goes.  I'll figure it out later. 

that ts looks @#$%ing great!!!!! i love that swirl paint, i HAVE to try it myself
does that internal paint cover the entire inside of the enclosure?? cause that might explain the noise

Hamfist

Thanks!

That's kind of what I'm thinking on the noise issue.  Yeah, on that box, the sides on the inside are covered in paint.  The wiring is messy, but everything is in the right place, and the on-board soldering is really clean.  It sounds like a grounding issue.  But I have a handful of extra IC's and transistors just in case. 

Swirl painting is pretty much equal parts fun and addictive/totally messy headache.  Sometimes when you think you've got it down, it blows up in your face.  And sometimes when you think it's gonna look terrible, it comes out amazing. 

ambulancevoice

yeah, the noise is probably cause the jacks arnt coming into contact with the enclosure, so yeah, its most likely a ground i issue
just scrape of a reasonable amount of the paint around the holes on the inside where the jacks/pots are located, if that doesnt fix it, you may have to put in the work and fix up the messy wiring

zeta55

Here's a vibe pedal I'm still tweaking. I posted a soundsample of it in another thread but here it is again http://download96.mediafire.com/yyzwdzm4dzbg/dznmnsm0fmu/Vibe.mp3
It's been rebuilt a bit sinse I recorded it, I'll post a new one if I decide to keep the changes.

/Krister
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

ambulancevoice

you should have called it HAIRY VIBE (hence the spider)
:P

zeta55

Quote from: ambulancevoice on October 01, 2007, 02:38:30 AM
you should have called it HAIRY VIBE (hence the spider)
:P

Guess I should have :icon_lol:

/Krister
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

darron

Quote from: Hamfist on October 01, 2007, 12:37:50 AM

i've never seen a tuneomatic bridge strung up that way. were you having strings breaking in the bridge saddles?
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!